Someone here

Here's what happens when you die according to the quran

23 posts in this topic

This is what happen when you die physically according to the quran 

Chapter 50:QAF 

16. And We have created human beings and knows what is whispered in their hearts , and We are closer to him than his jugular veins. 

17.When two angels records (their actions), one on their right,the other on their left.

18.Not a single word does he utter except that there are angels by his sides observing (always ready to record his deeds).

19.And the stupor of death will bring truth(before his eyes): This was the thing which you were trying to escape.

20.And the Trumpet shall be blown, that will be the Day that was warned. 

21.And there will come forth every soul; with each will be an angel to (walk you) , and an angel to bear witness.

22."Indeed! You were heedless of this; now We have removed your veil, and your sight is sharp this Day."

23.And his Companion (the angel) will say; "Here is (his record) ready with me"

24.˹It will be said to both angels,˺ “Throw into Hell every stubborn disbeliever,

25.withholder of good, transgressor, and doubter.

26.who set up another god with Allah. So cast them into the severe punishment.

27.One’s ˹devilish˺ associate will say, “Our Lord! I did not make them transgress. Rather, they were far astray ˹on their own˺.

28.Allah will respond, “Do not dispute in My presence, since I had already given you a warning.

29.My Word cannot be changed, nor am I unjust to ˹My˺ creation.

30.˹Beware of˺ the Day We will ask Hell, “Are you full ˹yet˺?” And it will respond, “Are there any more?”

31.And Paradise will be brought near to the righteous, not far off.

32.˹And it will be said to them,˺ “This is what you were promised, for whoever ˹constantly˺ turned ˹to Allah˺ and kept up ˹His commandments˺—

33.who were in awe of the Most Compassionate without seeing ˹Him˺,1 and have come with a heart turning ˹only to Him˺

34.Enter it in peace. This is the Day of eternal life!”

35.There they will have whatever they desire, and with Us is ˹even˺ more.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

So what are your thoughts about this one?

Edited by Maka

I’m the one who dreams. 

13 minutes ago, Maka said:

So what are your thoughts about this one?

I mean I don't believe in the quran .I'm not a Muslim. But I read the quran out of curiosity. And I found these verses interesting regarding death. 

-Osho

an evil tale to dominate ignorant people through terror, making them believe that they have a spy inside their mind who is going to write down their every act and thought so that, when death comes, they will be sent to eternal torture if they have not obeyed what their dictator order. An horrible way to submit the humans 

31 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

an evil tale to dominate ignorant people through terror, making them believe that they have a spy inside their mind who is going to write down their every act and thought so that, when death comes, they will be sent to eternal torture if they have not obeyed what their dictator order. An horrible way to submit the humans 

It actually makes one extra carful in his actions and only do good deeds when he knows that all of his deeds will be recorded and he will get judgement based on his actions. Maybe that's what mohamd thought would work . I don't agree with these verses .but I thought it's interesting and worth sharing .take it or leave it .we all going to die and we shall know what happens afterwards. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Death makes you realize truth, which is that you are "eternally alive"

The disbelievers, those who stray from truth, will suffer

Basically all I can gather from this. I can't tell how much of the angel stuff is metaphorical or something the prophets actually encountered.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

15 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Basically all I can gather from this. I can't tell how much of the angel stuff is metaphorical or something the prophets actually encountered.

I don't think the quran was being metaphorical. It means everything literally. Every word is literally. 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I don't think the quran was being metaphorical. It means everything literally. Every word is literally. 

I disagree. A good portion of it seems to be spirituality conveyed poetically through metaphors or stories.

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That's what I was thinking, if maybe I'm wrong and it's a metaphor about enlightenment and the ego, but it doesn't seem like it. although on the other hand the Sufis were true mystics

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

agreed with @Osaid its mostly metaphorical . Although, doesnt seem to prevent the terror from getting through! According to this, I am sooo going to burn in eternal hell :-D 

But Also maybe whatever you believe becomes your next dream? and perhaps only when you awaken yourself, you recognise yourself as god and then get lost in the eternal bliss and love.. Just a thought.. !

Edited by Siedah

13 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

That's what I was thinking, if maybe I'm wrong and it's a metaphor about enlightenment and the ego, but it doesn't seem like it. although on the other hand the Sufis were true mystics

Some of it is and some of it isn't. You gotta pay attention and switch your modes of thinking. Probably why it's so confusing to people.

Your way of thinking isn't completely wrong though. The hellfire stuff was probably to induce fear. How else are you gonna convince a bunch of extremely primitive people from thousands of years ago to pursue spirituality? Get words that threaten their survival involved, that will do it.

5 minutes ago, Osaid said:

How else are you gonna convince a bunch of extremely primitive people from thousands of years ago to pursue spirituality?

but the result has been to scare them in perpetuity. Christianity says: love and you will enter the kingdom of heaven. islam: obey or go to hell. both penetrated among very primitive people, but their formulation is the opposite

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

I mean I don't believe in the quran .I'm not a Muslim. But I read the quran out of curiosity. And I found these verses interesting regarding death. 

I want to hear what YOU think about this

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

Muhammad actually encountered the angels yes

I’m the one who dreams. 

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

but the result has been to scare them in perpetuity. Christianity says: love and you will enter the kingdom of heaven. islam: obey or go to hell. both penetrated among very primitive people, but their formulation is the opposite

Christianity also has Hell. The Qu'ran also had a similar verse about entering paradise through love.

I think fear around religions is inevitable. Humans are really good at creating and co-opting fear. If people are too dense to listen to something, best way to get them to listen is fear, so yeah Muslims and Christians won't hesitate to contort the teachings and fear-monger about Hell. It helps them perpetuate their religion very easily. Actually it's mostly the misinterpretations of the holy texts which is causing the fear, otherwise it's just trying to get you to realize God. And it doesn't help that the Imams and Pastors are constantly reinforcing the religions through fear.

13 hours ago, Osaid said:

I disagree. A good portion of it seems to be spirituality conveyed poetically through metaphors or stories.

All Muslims believe that the quran is the literal word of God. God is the author .unlike the Bible it's written by humans .

-Osho

14 hours ago, Osaid said:

Christianity also has Hell. The Qu'ran also had a similar verse about entering paradise through love.

15 hours ago, Osaid said:

Yes but Christianity is most easily understood as a metaphor for enlightenment, although for centuries almost no one understood it that way. It's pretty obvious if you consider that Christ was a hippy who preached love and poverty. Muhammad was a conqueror, a kind of Genjis kahn who unified the Arab tribes through the war. Maybe that's why the Islam is difficult to understand since our perspective, but there is spirituality in it 

would say that the difference is that Christianity says: love unconditionally and you will dissolve your ego. islam says: obey completely and you will dissolve your ego, renouncing to it. it would be said that the first is theoretically higher, and the second more practical. probably throughout history more egos have been dissolved by obedience and renunciation than by unconditional love

Edited by Breakingthewall

So many virgins when I die.Best religion ever.

Where do I sign up?

2 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

So many virgins when I die.Best religion ever.

Where do I sign up?

xD

-Osho

7 hours ago, Someone here said:

All Muslims believe that the quran is the literal word of God. God is the author

Technically not wrong. Is God forbidden from using metaphors? Wouldn't be surprised if Mohammad channeled some god-like intelligence.

But yeah, most Muslims don't really understand the Qu'ran. Most of them just depend on what their parents told them, which is what their Imam told them, and then they don't really question it further cause questioning Islam is sacrilegious, lol. And a lot of them don't really care enough to question it.

Edited by Osaid

5 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Muhammad was a conqueror, a kind of Genjis kahn who unified the Arab tribes through the war. Maybe that's why the Islam is difficult to understand since our perspective, but there is spirituality in it 

True, I believe there were verses in the Qu'ran regarding war and such things. It must have been a pertinent topic at that time. But they lived in that kind of society back then, so it might have been necessary to teach about it, for their survival's sake. It's important to consider how radically different society and its rules were back then.