Tudo

Should I focus creating a nice tinder profile ?

14 posts in this topic

It's been a month since I've been going out and I'm not having a great result. But at the same time, I don't have good pics for a tinder profile. Should I focus on creating a great tinder profile instead of clubbing? And keep approaching girls only in my daily life, in grocery stores, etc?

@Tudo unless you’re really getting great results online, I would definitely continue going out at night. A month is not nearly long enough to see where this can lead you. Perhaps make adjustments as far as venues, wings, logistics etc.

Ideally you could do both. Go out at night, and spend maybe 30 minutes a day working on your profile, swiping girls and sending messages. If you have a really good profile it can pay off.

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@Tudo  A month is not nearly long enough to see where this can lead you. Perhaps make adjustments as far as venues, wings, logistics etc.

Yes. I will keep going out.

I can give you lots of tinder profile advice if you want it but the truth is I spent 1.5 years getting mediocre results on Tinder optimising my profile, yet feeling constantly powerless. Then I started going out after covid and having way more fun and just generally feeling far more abundant with girls

IMO the biggest difference between Tinder and the real world is how much control you have. In the real world you are in control of your exposure to girls, but online you are at the mercy of the Tinder algorithm. You are constantly waiting for new matches. But in person you can go and speak to girls whenever you feel like

I still have a Tinder profile running (in fact the girl I’m seeing rn is from Tinder) but in order to not let tinder make you feel like total trash you need to be able get exposure to girls in the real world frequently to build up that abundance. Then you can have Tinder running in the background

I went from like 1 match a week to 2-3 matches a day just by optimising my profile tho so it’s def possible to improve your results. Tips for optimisation:

- Put all your pics on photofeeler.com

- Post your profile in r/tinder under their profile review thread. You’ll prob only get a response or two but can often be very valuable

You can do both at the same time. 

Where do you live exactly (country)? You can get results quickly going out depending on what scene or nightlife you are going to. Some nightlife is better than others for meeting women.

There are many ways to optimize your online dating profiles one that you could try out an get immediate results is running your photos through "Face App" essentially it optimizes your pictures to make them as high quality as possible without looking overly photoshopped.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg many people think to get good results online its just "take good pictures and swipe" theres so much more to it 

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

You can do both at the same time. 

Where do you live exactly (country)? You can get results quickly going out depending on what scene or nightlife you are going to. Some nightlife is better than others for meeting women.

Brazil- Belo Horizonte, my city is famous for having the most beautiful women in Brazil.

4 hours ago, something_else said:

I can give you lots of tinder profile advice if you want it but the truth is I spent 1.5 years getting mediocre results on Tinder optimising my profile, yet feeling constantly powerless. Then I started going out after covid and having way more fun and just generally feeling far more abundant with girls

IMO the biggest difference between Tinder and the real world is how much control you have. In the real world you are in control of your exposure to girls, but online you are at the mercy of the Tinder algorithm. You are constantly waiting for new matches. But in person you can go and speak to girls whenever you feel like

I still have a Tinder profile running (in fact the girl I’m seeing rn is from Tinder) but in order to not let tinder make you feel like total trash you need to be able get exposure to girls in the real world frequently to build up that abundance. Then you can have Tinder running in the background

I went from like 1 match a week to 2-3 matches a day just by optimising my profile tho so it’s def possible to improve your results. Tips for optimisation:

- Put all your pics on photofeeler.com

- Post your profile in r/tinder under their profile review thread. You’ll prob only get a response or two but can often be very valuable

Thank you buddy. Really helped me.

1 hour ago, Bando said:

There are many ways to optimize your online dating profiles one that you could try out an get immediate results is running your photos through "Face App" essentially it optimizes your pictures to make them as high quality as possible without looking overly photoshopped.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg many people think to get good results online its just "take good pictures and swipe" theres so much more to it 

Yes.

29 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Do both.  

I Will try.

35 minutes ago, Tudo said:

Brazil- Belo Horizonte, my city is famous for having the most beautiful women in Brazil.

In that case go to clubs or parties that have your favorite music. Look for crowds you fit in and feel comfortable in. I’m not sure what Brazil is like but I’m sure there is something there you will like. 

2 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

In that case go to clubs or parties that have your favorite music. Look for crowds you fit in and feel comfortable in. I’m not sure what Brazil is like but I’m sure there is something there you will like. 

Yes. Today I bought  tickets for two parties on this weekend. I'm pretty excited.

1 hour ago, Tudo said:

Yes. Today I bought  tickets for two parties on this weekend. I'm pretty excited.

I can imagine. I’d love to go to Brazil. They have some great raves there I heard. 

15 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

If you're going that route, definitely post your photos on photosfeeler. You can even pay to get your photos viewed by women only, and choose their age range, for 9 bucks only

You can get them viewed by women only for free. It just takes time and a little effort. If you are diligent in rating other people's photos you can get your own photo fully rated (at least 15+ votes, ideally 30) in about a day

17 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

importance of genuine smile. Importance of lighting. Importance of angles. Proffessional photos are actually not better than amateur photos - for purphoses of dating, proffesional photos can make you look snobish. Posing near a car, or showing off, doesn't really give you an advantage. Etc.

Some musings about photofeeler based on spending too much time optimising a Tinder profile:

Photofeeler is interesting because I notice that there is a heavy bias of girls on there towards the 'nice guy' pics where you smile, and you'll often be slightly penalised for the more intense pics. However on Tinder I notice that my intense (no smile) pics often did a lot better

I don't really know what causes this tbh, different crowd of girls perhaps

Another thing I learnt on photofeeler is that depending on photo quality I'm either a 4 or a 9 :P 

And finally, a very small change in a pic can make a ridiculous difference in outcome. In some cases just zooming in slightly would take the pic from a 6 to an 8. And in other cases changing the lighting slightly with editing would create a similar result. The reason this is interesting is that Tinder fucks with your pics a whole lot when you upload them, it blurs them a lot and it also zooms and crops as it pleases.

Given how much of an effect this can have on photofeeler it's potentially affecting you on Tinder as well, assuming you already have a reasonably well optimised profile

46 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Yeah, but I can also pay 9 bucks and get voted by 40 women in a matter of hours. And also choose their age range? I always choose from minimal age, up to 29+

I went the lowest age range possible, <=24. I remember someone else mentioning somewhere that they did some testing and older women (on photofeeler) were even more likely to respond better to smiles and nice guy pics than the lower age range girls which responded more to player type pics, also kinda interesting. But also anecdotal

49 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Hm. Probably still a good idea to smile more.

I went with usually 5-6 pics, with one or two smiling/nice guy pics and the rest either action pics or highly rated 'more intense' pics. Too many intense pics is bad I think but I found I got good results with an intense pic first and then softening that up with some more fun/playful pics in the rest of the profile

Perhaps on photofeeler you don't get an opportunity to soften up the intense pic with some more playful ones and so that gets you lower ratings on intense pics. That would make sense

54 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

I guess only the Chaddest of the Chads survive the Tinder profile picture masacre?

Nah you just have to be careful to not let tinder make your profile pics look like ass. I prefer Bumble in a lot of ways since it doesn't do that.

Anyway, take my word for it and don't go through all this horrible Tinder optimisation I went through and just go outside :P