stefm5

Depersonalization/Derealization

30 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Trust me on this it is.  With no self you will completely lose your sense of self.  The only difference is you will realize Self

I don't need to trust you on that ;)

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That said I'm sure there are gradations of DP in which perhaps there is still some sense of self.   But with pure DP there is none

Yeah that is why I like making that distinction. Yes, technically there is nothing to DP but dissociation, and complete dissociation is no self, but incomplete dissociation is not.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't need to trust you on that ;)

?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Regardless of popular belief, awakening has nothing to do with recognizing your true nature as the higher self or any of those silly identification games.

Rest assured that if it feels like you have a new identity or have recognized your true identity, awakening has not occurred.

Those would still be symptoms of the ego otherwise known as spiritual ego taking on just another illusory identity to keep in control.

True awakening has no identification games attached.

The ego's tactics are clearly seen through and there is nothing left that could attempt to identify as this or that.

It's the end of any kind of identification whatsoever.

And it's not that a someone or something has become empty, it's the recognition that there never was anyone experiencing reality to begin with, it was an illusion of self identity.

Nobody becomes enlightened!

It's complete freedom BUT for no one!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Regardless of popular belief, awakening has nothing to do with recognizing your true nature as the higher self or any of those silly identification games.

Rest assured that if it feels like you have a new identity or have recognized your true identity, awakening has not occurred.

Those would still be symptoms of the ego otherwise known as spiritual ego taking on just another illusory identity to keep in control.

True awakening has no identification games attached.

The ego's tactics are clearly seen through and there is nothing left that could attempt to identify as this or that.

It's the end of any kind of identification whatsoever.

And it's not that a someone or something has become empty, it's the recognition that there never was anyone experiencing reality to begin with, it was an illusion of self identity.

Nobody becomes enlightened!

It's complete freedom BUT for no one!

❤ 

Your not awake .  You just took a whole bunch of shit that you read online as belief.  But I mean hey- if your happy that's all that really matters.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

20 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Your not awake .  You just took a whole bunch of shit that you read online as belief.  But I mean hey- if your happy that's all that really matters.

Exactly nobody wakes up dummy....

I've been explaining this to you for like 2 years. ? 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Exactly nobody wakes up dummy....

I've been explaining this to you for like 2 years. ? 

God does dummy ?  you still think God is something the ego dreams up.

We are gonna ignore the forum guidelines on the name calling for now

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

God does dummy ?  you still think God is something the ego dreams up.

I love how we can always agree to disagree either way.

Now that's unconditional love.

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

Just now, VeganAwake said:

I love how we can always agree to disagree either way.

Now that's unconditional love.

❤ 

Now your talking.  Love ya.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Now your talking.  Love ya.

Love ya more.

On 30.3.2022 at 3:58 PM, Inliytened1 said:

Have you ever experienced DP?

Yes, I have. DP is just a shift in selfhood, not cessation of self.

No-Self doesn't feel like DP at all, and yes, although the "person" vanishes and one could therefore speak of "depersonalization", the meaning of "DP" is already established.

Language is so, so important. 

There are so many people who are depersonalized and believe that's enlightenment, it's sad and appalling. 

On 30.3.2022 at 3:58 PM, Inliytened1 said:

You are depersonalized but instead of a shift in identity there is simply no identity. 

Exactly. You realize yourself as total emptiness, no center to be found, no self to be depersonalized.

No identification with the body, no identification with the mind - unlike DP, where there's still identification with both, but shifted into the centralized "witness" inside the head.

17 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Your not awake

This is silly.