askdfjnak

An Interseting Guide To Self-hypnosis

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying to pull myself out of a serious slump in motivation over the last few weeks and I stumbled across this method of self-hypnosis that looks like it could be quite powerful.

I thought I would share it because it is quite interesting.

It integrates multiple hypnotic and subconscious programming techniques into one 3-5-minute procedure that you carry out every night before bed and that you can modify to perform in the morning when you wake up. Doing this will slowly drip your goals and aspirations onto your mind every day and allow you to slowly reinvent yourself over a few months.

Here is the instructional video. If you look past the cheesy 90’s transitions and the constant references to shallow materialistic goals, you’ll see that you could quite easily re-purpose this for anything you want to achieve. I’m going to try it out and see what happens, but the results may take a while so I thought I’d share it now in case anyone else wants to begin doing it.

The ledger was sold separately and I don’t think it’s available anymore so I made my own ledger pages that you can print off and use instead. See attachments.

Mental Bank Ledger.docx

Mental Bank Script.docx

Edited by Marc Schinkel

Thank you very much,

This looks very interesting, and George Kappas sounds like an interesting and genuine man.

I've been starting to apply self-hypnosis in my life through binaural beat meditations for lucid dreaming and sleep every night. 

I haven't watched your video yet but your title prompted the thought, can you hypnotise yourself to see the no-self in meditation?

6 hours ago, Neo said:

I haven't watched your video yet but your title prompted the thought, can you hypnotise yourself to see the no-self in meditation?

The hypnotic state is just that, another state.
Discovery of the no-self goes beyond entering a new state, so I would be cautious to say that you can (it might be possible).
You could definitely use self-hypnosis to get yourself to practice mediation, self-inquiry and mindfulness much more aggressively.

Edited by Marc Schinkel

I am doing it for few days now.

It's like a computer game where you get points and are happy with them although they have not any value.

Here you pay yourself imagined "money" for your efforts and also feel good about it.

Before going to sleep you add these sums and feel even better, then you write all the good things that happened to you today and set up some affirmations for the night and go to sleep feeling happy ;)

Whole process is cleverly designed and addicting like video game and therefore very easily to do.

I constantly keep asking me through the day: "what else could I do to gain more points ?" 

Five stars !

It is very powerful tool to enhance good habits, but I'm thinking now, could I modify it to diminish bad habits ?

Like making a list of things to not do and deducting fines for doing them. 

Or maybe it is better to concentrate only on positive ?

@brovakhiin Ah okay.  I'm half way through it at the moment  anyways.

Edit:  And done.  So at the end he said that your mental bank balance goal doubles when you reach that goal in reality.  Is that correct?

Also when your mental bank goal doubles, do you double the hourly rate also?

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

4 hours ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

@brovakhiin @Time Traveler Before I sit down and watch this.  May I ask what exactly are you saving up for?  Is there some way to spend the money you're saving up?

Just like you spend points / money in any computer game ;)

Well, I’m one month in to this now and I must say it has exceeded my expectations. I’m excited to continue doing it.

I have tweaked it a little to maximize results.

I added a bonus for completing 2 or more consecutive hours of a value event and a bonus for working on all value events in one day. This increases my motivation to stay focussed on one thing for longer periods of time as well as ensure that I don’t get stuck doing ONLY one or two value events.

One of the things I noticed is that you can get exponential gains by choosing value events and habits that compound each other. Just like in this book (reviewed by frode) sleeping 8 hours a day and exercising ensures that you have energy all day and can repeat the process the next day. If you do that day after day after day your results will compound. If you add things like meditation, cold immersion, study, diet and work they all synergize and make you more effective at performing each of the others. HUGE GAINS TO BE MADE!

I noticed that there seems to be a dogmatic subscription to the idea of changing only one habit at a time in the self-help community. I don’t think this is the best approach. It might be easier and more effective to change multiple habits at once if you put your strategic motherfucker cap on.

Can this approach be used for other habits?  Like negative ones to break?  For example, can I use it to break my habit of overthinking and caring too much about the actions of others?

7 hours ago, spicy_pickles said:

Can this approach be used for other habits?  Like negative ones to break?  For example, can I use it to break my habit of overthinking and caring too much about the actions of others?

I think you can, you just have re-frame the outcome to be correctly interpreted by the subconscious mind. I read something very similar to what brovakhiin wrote down here:

On 06/02/2017 at 9:44 PM, brovakhiin said:

I have read that the subconscious does not understand negations - "I will not do x" registers as "I will do x". Focus on really affirming and strengthening the good stuff, become more and more mindful, and the negative will fade. Don't be too harsh. Subconscious does not like being told what it can and cannot do, and likes being shamed for it even less. Will backlash.

It's quite similar to law of attraction, where the more you think about something, the more you will be inclined to think about and be influenced by that thing in future, irrespective of negations. So if you're thinking "I don't like red cars" "I don't like red cars" "I don't like red cars" all you do is increase the subconscious' output for red cars, exactly the same as if you think "I like red cars" "I like red cars" "I like red cars". In both scenarios you will be inclined to think about red cars more and be influenced by any red cars that enter your experience.

So if you have a goal to stop overthinking or to stop being affected by other peoples actions it won't work for you to write down "I must stop overthinking" or "I must stop being affected by others" because all you will do is amplify that.

What you need to do instead is create a goal that will eliminate overthinking and caring about others actions that isn't defined by negations.

For example to "stop overthinking" you could "start relaxing your mind"
to "stop being affected by others actions" you could "start accepting others actions"

You could then put these into a measurable activity like meditation or contemplation that you can pay yourself for. 

Eg. "Time spent relaxing my mind in meditation"

or "Time spent reflecting on and accepting others actions at the end of the day."

These are just crude examples but you could come up with something better if you spent more time focusing on it. :) 

Been doing this for a little over a month too.  I often wonder why I do it and if it even makes a difference.  It's only 2 minutes out of my day though so doesn't really bother me.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, Time Traveler said:

Five stars !

Quick update.

I used it for about half a year and was very optimistic in the beggining.

Later I get bored because results was non existing and then I decided to quit.

But before quitting I decided to ask ICZIN: "How useful MB is to me ? "

Today I found  ICZINs answer in my papers and here is short summary:

Xexagram 4. Dellusin of youth 
:D
Lost of reality
Fool will be punished for not following cosmic rules

Xexagram 7. War
Conflicts and complications.