Sempiternity

I recently lost 80 pounds

8 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago I was 240 lbs. It was starting to affect my body. My back was getting so bad, I could barely walk. So I decided to drastically change my diet. No sugar, processed foods. Mostly raw veggies and organic chicken. Then I started to workout, just lifting weights in my room and walking around my neighborhood every day. I still haven't set foot in a gym. And within a few months, this is what I look like now. I feel great.

It's a good lesson to myself, and anyone reading, that really anything is possible when you set your mind to it. 

P.S. Oh, and I am 47 years old. Not bad for an old guy ;) 

IMG_20220317_212615973_4.jpg

Edited by Sempiternity

Impressive! Great job.

When you say lifting, did you follow any specific source for exercices? Or do you have a personal program? (what type of exercises, how many times a week...?)

1 hour ago, Fuku said:

Impressive! Great job.

When you say lifting, did you follow any specific source for exercices? Or do you have a personal program? (what type of exercises, how many times a week...?)

Thanks.

No, I do not follow any source or program. I just lift weights in my room, while watching my fav shows. I lift as much as I can for around 10 reps, for 5 sets, per muscle group. Mostly hammer bar, dumbbells, pushups and stomach-crunches. I try to do as much muscle "damage" as I can do in a day. Then it's all in the eating enough to fuel the recovery and taking days off for recovery. I think what people misconstrue about weightlifting, is the majority of the muscle gains occur when you're eating, resting, and sleeping. I only lift 2-3 times a week, to not overdo it. But I do cardio, in speed walking a few miles every day of the week. Funny thing is, I find I miss being able to lift on my off days and look forward to when I'm recovered enough to be able to lift again. Lifting is my reward for resting, and resting is my reward for lifting.