Vynce

What theoretical work has influenced you most on a practical level?

7 posts in this topic

It's meaningful to measure the greatness of a book or a teacher by the amount of practical "real life" changes that happened in the direct aftermath of the learning. 

So, I want to know from you, what teacher or work has influenced you the most in this practical sense. For example Leo's videos about spiral dynamics have massively influenced how I perceive people and myself. 

So even if the book is boring or trivial, share it anyways, if it could change your life on a daily basis. Thank you :)

It's not any particular book or anything but pretty much all of the stuff about reprogramming the subconscious and about self-awareness and just awareness in general has radically transformed me.

Like I do things I never would have done and approach situations very differently now.

The book that is very meaningfull and important to me is A Course in Miracles (ACIM). It is one of only a few books that i've read and which are so profound.

A Course in Miracles is a book about forgiveness, undoing the ego's thought system. This process of forgiveness brought many wounds on the surface of my "internal world". I never before thought there is so much hidden crap in me, waiting to be healed and forgiven...

So often i resist this process, because it hurts like hell, and with the help of ACIM i can gently look at my shadows with loving eyes.

And where Love is, there are no shadows anymore...

What a journey?...

Edited by Bojan V

Law of One: Ra material

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

I like the work of Robert Greene, because he has the courage to touch on the dark side of the human condition, and linking that with personal development strategies. When most books in the personal development genre is all about positivity, happiness and self transcendence. Robert Greene touches also on the ugly and 'dirty' sides of ourselves. Which are usually ignored or encouraged to repress in conventional personal development literature. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Videos and books from Adyashanti helped me tremendously when it comes to meditation. He's really great at conveying difficult and paradoxical concepts in a practical manner.

On 23.3.2022 at 9:07 PM, Vynce said:

It's meaningful to measure the greatness of a book or a teacher by the amount of practical "real life" changes that happened in the direct aftermath of the learning. 

So, I want to know from you, what teacher or work has influenced you the most in this practical sense. For example Leo's videos about spiral dynamics have massively influenced how I perceive people and myself. 

So even if the book is boring or trivial, share it anyways, if it could change your life on a daily basis. Thank you :)

Sex, Ecology, Spirituality by Ken Wilber

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus