Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

I want to make friends

6 posts in this topic

I have been lonely most of my life.. I am an introvert unsocial person like a hermit. 

I have been suffering loneliness for some time now and I feel drained. 

I want to talk to people and be out there which I never did before but I want to try now. 

Can you tell me how I can make more friends and chat buddies? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Most important thing is your energy. 

You need to smile more. Now that we are wearing masks most of the time, the best thing you can do is practice smiling beneath the mask. No one will really know so no one will laugh at you for smiling. 

Smiling with a mask is subtle. Eventually others will still pick up when they observe your eyes. With more positive energy, you will attract more friends to your life.:)

Ps: don't mind about me in other threads. I am practicing to be a bad guy on some threads. ?

Edited by hyruga

26 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Most important thing is your energy. 

You need to smile more. Now that we are wearing masks most of the time, the best thing you can do is practice smiling beneath the mask. No one will really know so no one will laugh at you for smiling. 

Smiling with a mask is subtle. Eventually others will still pick up when they observe your eyes. With more positive energy, you will attract more friends to your life.:)

Ps: don't mind about me in other threads. I am practicing to be a bad guy on some threads. ?

you guys still wear masks?

here only barely in pt

@preety go to classes, meetups, groups etc.

Edited by PurpleTree

just go out and do things you love, build hobbies that involve other people. naturally, like-minded people will who you can relate to will come. its a better option than seeking people who you have nothing in relation to... 

30 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

you guys still wear masks?

here only barely in pt

@preety go to classes, meetups, groups etc.

Yeah still wear masks. It's compulsory to wear but cases still spread like wildfire. The virus cling to your hands and can survive on tables and chairs for more than 2 weeks. Very hard to avoid actually.

Make sure you do something sociable every night of the week. Fill up your week nights with activities.

I do chess on Monday, jiu-jitsu on Tuesday Wednesday, usually a date on Thursday, out partying Friday Saturday and then Sunday is just whatever, sometimes it's a free night sometimes I have something on

What you do could be different but that's what works for me

Did you notice how in school the people with large friend groups were typically also the people who did lots of extra-curricular activities? What you need to do is tap into the same mindset those people had in school which is to fill up your free time with stuff and do lots of new things

It won't be easy. Your mind will come up with all sorts of excuses to avoid going if you're socially anxious and introverted like me. But you have to push through