Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Am I an energy vampire?

33 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Batman said:

By becoming conscious of it deeper and deeper.

If you are using other's presence to feel better about your self, I would consider you someone who feeds on the energy of others. This is actually not so rare in modern cultures. The primary function of ego is to feed of another. If you are strongly attached to your thought forms, you are probably engaging in activities and manipulations that reinforce your thoughts and beliefs regarding yourself, which usually includes consuming the energy of others (whether it is by communicating them your opinions and beliefs without being open to hear their side, or by arguing with them, making them feel weak, drawing them to your ego activities, etc.).

That last part is something I am susceptible of doing. I have an innate need to be right (most seekers of truth do) so sometimes it  caused me to engage in debate as a form of mental competition to achieve a winner. Now I use debate as an exchange of ideas and a chance to learn. I love the examples you just gave, unless we feel whole we will continue to SEEK outside of ourselves which truly is hilarious. We are the source of everything, but delude ourselves that the source is somewhere else. We then unconsciously create things and delude ourselves into thinking these creations will give us what we need. Its a silly mind game, but a very interesting and adventurous one.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 Seeking is just thought forms and activities of egoic tendencies. You aren't any of them. If you are conscious of your need to be right, you can end it at the moment you are conscious of it. This goes for every thought form. When we are identified with thought forms, they can go on automatically without us being conscious of them. 

IMO, the framework of debate is already based on conflict where the purpose is that some opinion will ultimately be declared as "the better one". When this is the framework for communication, the participators will almost always deploy egoic manipulations to win the conflict. I would suggest reframing any presentation or communication of opinion as sharing or exchanging, rather than debating or preaching.

Edited by Batman

This is a interesting topic. I do not know the truth and only have a perspectives that seem reasonable.

The first 3 minutes of this Teal swan video might give a interesting perspective but maybe not the entire truth about the topic.

I heard about animal magnetism or mersmerism. It is when a person gives his vital force to another person. It is also connected to hypnotism.

"The mesmerizer throws out his own Auric Fluid . . . through the etheric double, on his patient; he may thus, in the case of sickness, regularize the irregular vibrations of the sufferer, or share with him his own life-force, thereby increasing his vitality."

Basically someone is volonterely gives his/hers vitality to someone else and not taking it.

My mother's jokes that all old people are energy vampires and it feels like they consume her dry of life force everytime she is near one. xD

What makes you think that you are "energy vampire" besides worrying to be one?

Clean your mind

When you ask too many stupid questions, you are getting energy from others because you need their answers. You are needy. 

But that's not to say sucking energy is always a bad thing. You can always get energy from nature or God or from someone who has an abundance of energy. Or you can get energy from food. 

When you have lots of energy, you can start to give some without burning out.

4 hours ago, Guru Peter Jordanson said:

What makes you think that you are "energy vampire" besides worrying to be one?

I actually read certain things like energy vampires manipulate others and Iie. And I have done such things in my past so it made me feel like I was looking in the Mirror. 

It was frightening because nobody wants to be a vampire you know 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, hyruga said:

When you ask too many stupid questions, you are getting energy from others because you need their answers. You are needy. 

But that's not to say sucking energy is always a bad thing. You can always get energy from nature or God or from someone who has an abundance of energy. Or you can get energy from food. 

When you have lots of energy, you can start to give some without burning out.

If you have asked too many stupid questions in the past, then you need to focus on this —

Do you do things that you like versus do you do things that are best for you? 

On 3/23/2022 at 6:41 AM, Batman said:

@Razard86 Seeking is just thought forms and activities of egoic tendencies. You aren't any of them. If you are conscious of your need to be right, you can end it at the moment you are conscious of it. This goes for every thought form. When we are identified with thought forms, they can go on automatically without us being conscious of them. 

IMO, the framework of debate is already based on conflict where the purpose is that some opinion will ultimately be declared as "the better one". When this is the framework for communication, the participators will almost always deploy egoic manipulations to win the conflict. I would suggest reframing any presentation or communication of opinion as sharing or exchanging, rather than debating or preaching.

Seeking is not egoic at all, seeking is the desire to become ONE. Every spiritual teaching teaches this actually. The universe (God) simultaneously desires to experience itself and desires to become ONE. The only reason you or any person on this forum is here right now is because of the desire of seeking. The difference is you recognized that your true desire was not material but something that transcends that. 

Also a couple of things. 1. The ego is NOT bad, this is one of the biggest Spiritual Traps I realize people keep falling into. Again understand that God loves ALL of creation and the ego is just one of the MANY creations of God.

2. Without a sense or illusion of separation there IS no dream in that the EGO is necessary.

3. The desire to transcend the ego is merely the desire to WAKE UP from the dream. You are only here on this forum in this community because of your desires. Once all desire is gone...the DREAM ENDS.

4. The only problem with the EGO is it is the ULTIMATE DEFENSE MECHANISM to WAKING UP and THAT IS WHY YOU CREATED IT. To wake up you must be READY to RELINQUISH your attachment to EGO which is LITERALLY the building block of your attachment to the dream. If you can release your attachment to the EGO you can leave the dream.  Think of it as the PUSH IN TIMES OF EMERGENCY BUTTON you have to press to leave the dream and the moment you push it.....everything will work against you to stop you.

5. The biggest proof of your attachment is the fact that you make it so hard for the collective human population to wake up by making messages and communities like this OUTLIERS. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

The only problem with the EGO is it is the ULTIMATE DEFENSE MECHANISM to WAKING UP and THAT IS WHY YOU CREATED IT.

Isn't this the highest form of energy vampirism? 

Just found this video. It sheds light on Energy Vampirism in a different way. Quite interesting.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Vincent S this is so old. How did you even find this one. Are you fishing through my topics? 

LOL, no, this video came up on my feed on youtube. And I came to think of this thread that I commented on a few months ago.
Wanted to share what I found. Because it helped me realize that I have taken energy from others, and that's why I felt bad in the past.
Thought this might help you.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, Preety_India said:

Isn't this the highest form of energy vampirism? 

Energy Vampirism is a convoluted (complicated topic) you could in essence call everything energy vampirism, and again .... in truth nothing is ultimately bad as it is just another experience created by us.

A good short definition for energy vampirism would be anything that is an attempt to add to a perceived energy deficit within ourselves. So in truth with that as a definition everything we do is technically energy vampirism I mean even the act of eating is basically that. The spiritual path is about you connecting to your divinity so you get your energy from that so you don't have to feed off others, instead you feed off of your higher self.

But everything is basically good because it allows us to have experience and grow/improve.