Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Asayake

Any idea what my dream could mean?

9 posts in this topic

Do you think there's value in thinking about dreams and what they could mean?  I have been thinking about that for a while and last night I had a particularly weird/powerful dream.

I was at my parents house, was going to help my parents with something, not sure what. It turns out my dad's legs were not working properly. My parents were both lying in bed and not saying much. I got scared and thought we should take him to the hospital. My mom didn't think it was a good idea.

My dad said nothing, he was like a vegetable. So I decided he must go, I picked him up and started carrying him outside. Suddenly my mom turned aggressive and it was like she was possessed by something evil. She crawled out of bed and bite onto my hand and kept holding onto my hand and increasing her bite strength. She looked absolutely furious. I had no choice it seemed but to bite her back in her head to make her let go. It took a while but she finally let go.

I woke up and had strong shivers down my spine for about 45 seconds. Something about the dream scared me a bit.

Does anyone have any idea what this dream could mean?

Edited by Asayake

Either your Mom is a possessive maniac who is sure to be your Dad's ultimate downfall. Or, you just saved your Dad from the works of a malevolent spirit disguised as your Mom.

Don't see any other explanation.

Under typical Jung's analytical psychology this must be interpreted as your subconscious telling you that your mother is actively doing something that make you insecure about life/yourself.

9 hours ago, Asayake said:

Do you think there's value in thinking about dreams and what they could mean?

Yep

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

5 hours ago, A Fellow Lighter said:

Either your Mom is a possessive maniac who is sure to be your Dad's ultimate downfall. Or, you just saved your Dad from the works of a malevolent spirit disguised as your Mom.

Don't see any other explanation.

How interesting. How did you come to this conclusion? Honestly at this point life has surprised me so many times already that I wouldn't be surprised if one of those were true.

3 hours ago, Alex_R said:

Under typical Jung's analytical psychology this must be interpreted as your subconscious telling you that your mother is actively doing something that make you insecure about life/yourself.

Also very interesting. Why is that? 

2 hours ago, Ulax said:

Yep

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Edited by Asayake

4 hours ago, Asayake said:

How interesting. How did you come to this conclusion?

It's not a conclusion. It's just what it sounds like. What I see. The dream speaks for itself, or, rather conveys itself clearly. Don't you think?

19 hours ago, Asayake said:

Do you think there's value in thinking about dreams and what they could mean?  I have been thinking about that for a while and last night I had a particularly weird/powerful dream.

I was at my parents house, was going to help my parents with something, not sure what. It turns out my dad's legs were not working properly. My parents were both lying in bed and not saying much. I got scared and thought we should take him to the hospital. My mom didn't think it was a good idea.

My dad said nothing, he was like a vegetable. So I decided he must go, I picked him up and started carrying him outside. Suddenly my mom turned aggressive and it was like she was possessed by something evil. She crawled out of bed and bite onto my hand and kept holding onto my hand and increasing her bite strength. She looked absolutely furious. I had no choice it seemed but to bite her back in her head to make her let go. It took a while but she finally let go.

I woke up and had strong shivers down my spine for about 45 seconds. Something about the dream scared me a bit.

Does anyone have any idea what this dream could mean?

Dream scenarios no matter how disturbing they may be, is from my understanding always symbolic in how they unfold. 

So here is my interpretation of your dream. Keep in mind that in this interpretation, your mother and father are adressed as merely aspects of your own mind and may have very little or nothing to do with your actual dream itself.

First of all, a couple married or not. Are representing a union of two wills into one. Since both of your parents where laying stil in the bedroom. It could represent a problem that you may see as an (awaken) outsider. While entering into anothers bedroom (sleeping area), you may be present of a problem that your mother and father are not awake and ready to adress yet, despite that they are not asleep in the bedroom itself. You may be a whitness to someone elses denial, and get the urge to act out of fear or panic on behalf of someone elses imobility and lack of action. Inorder to solve someone elses problem for them when you see them.

The imobility of your fathers legs and hesitation from your mother as a respons. Shows a certain unwillingness to adress an unkown issue from their point of view. However, since your action sprung out of fear. What your dream self did, was breaking a boundery of your mother and father's will. As I mentioned in the beginning, a couple represent a will in unison. And while trying to give a helping hand while being unaware of someones bounderies is a recipe for outlash of fear and hatered.

When your help came out of fear, then you took fearful action against their own problem of denial. Denial itself have "no legs" to carry itself by. Denial is an active prevention against any direct action, or any adressing of a obvious problem from an outside perspective. Your mother's fear/hatered was a clear cut response of fearful denial, by symbolicaly biting "The hand that feeds you". In this case, your helping hand feed into the problem of denial itself, that you didn't see. Not the imobility of the leg's, but the denial response itself towards your suggested solution.

You biting into her head, might have been your fearful response against her way of thinking, Even if it was her mind of denial speaking. So your initative to carry your father despite their consent, can be tied to your biting when you yourself was being denied to be of direct help to them.

Hope this resonate with you, or was somewhat helpful.

5 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Dream scenarios no matter how disturbing they may be, is from my understanding always symbolic in how they unfold. 

So here is my interpretation of your dream. Keep in mind that in this interpretation, your mother and father are adressed as merely aspects of your own mind and may have very little or nothing to do with your actual dream itself.

First of all, a couple married or not. Are representing a union of two wills into one. Since both of your parents where laying stil in the bedroom. It could represent a problem that you may see as an (awaken) outsider. While entering into anothers bedroom (sleeping area), you may be present of a problem that your mother and father are not awake and ready to adress yet, despite that they are not asleep in the bedroom itself. You may be a whitness to someone elses denial, and get the urge to act out of fear or panic on behalf of someone elses imobility and lack of action. Inorder to solve someone elses problem for them when you see them.

The imobility of your fathers legs and hesitation from your mother as a respons. Shows a certain unwillingness to adress an unkown issue from their point of view. However, since your action sprung out of fear. What your dream self did, was breaking a boundery of your mother and father's will. As I mentioned in the beginning, a couple represent a will in unison. And while trying to give a helping hand while being unaware of someones bounderies is a recipe for outlash of fear and hatered.

When your help came out of fear, then you took fearful action against their own problem of denial. Denial itself have "no legs" to carry itself by. Denial is an active prevention against any direct action, or any adressing of a obvious problem from an outside perspective. Your mother's fear/hatered was a clear cut response of fearful denial, by symbolicaly biting "The hand that feeds you". In this case, your helping hand feed into the problem of denial itself, that you didn't see. Not the imobility of the leg's, but the denial response itself towards your suggested solution.

You biting into her head, might have been your fearful response against her way of thinking, Even if it was her mind of denial speaking. So your initative to carry your father despite their consent, can be tied to your biting when you yourself was being denied to be of direct help to them.

Hope this resonate with you, or was somewhat helpful.

Wow amazing....I love coming across talented people like you. It makes life so great, thank you for sharing your wisdom and perspective.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

56 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Wow amazing....I love coming across talented people like you. It makes life so great, thank you for sharing your wisdom and perspective.

Thank you, I appriciate that!