Epikur

"The End of Money As We Know It" | Joe Rogan

10 posts in this topic

We already have restricted-use money -- Food stamps, gift certificates, money locked up in retirement accounts, etc.

CBDC would actually be worse than the current system for these things. People could take advantage of decentralized exchanges and trustless swaps to trade their restricted money for unrestricted money at a slight loss. I know I'd buy food-dollars off people at a discount if I knew I was going to go buy food that day anyway.

Why would you willingly go from your employer paying you in unrestricted dollars to restricted when CBDC becomes a thing? Same thing will happen as if one day your employer says they're now paying you exclusively in Amazon gift cards... FUCK NO!

The government wants people fat, lazy, and docile. And they're lobbied by companies that produce the unhealthy foods. Why would they restrict you to eating healthy foods? You should be more concerned about them restricting your ability to buy vegetables.

The whole thing seems like a mess of a bureaucracy that the government isn't prepared to handle. Every time you program a new CBDC unit with new restrictions... it doesn't quite become an NFT because it's still fungible, but it essentially becomes its own currency. So we would have an infinite number of sub-currencies floating around. Your wallet would have real USD, your employer USD, Walmart USD, and a mish-mash of other random crap in it. And if you break a restricted 1.0 USD down into 0.1 USD it'd still be restricted.

Also when you pay for stuff with restricted dollars at the store, what's the incentive for stores to want to take it? Are the dollars restricted for them too? Or do they cash them in to the government and get unrestricted dollars back in return?

At least now we know how much money the government is printing. When it all goes digital, that info might go dark. Then nobody would have faith in money any more if there's a risk it's being infinitely printed.

Not covered in the video is the idea of money that expires, which I think actually is a concern to consider, as they will probably use that to counter inflation.

Edited by Yarco

Give me your money Joe Rogan, it’s gonna be useless soon anyway ?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

It's not about end of money*. It's once again about the definition of ''National Security''. Last time it was changed was 9/11. Here is a brief explanation about 60 pages: https://www.wanttoknow.info/911/Collateral-Damage-911-black_eagle_fund_trust.pdf

People hoarding gold and silver will become the next target in about 3 months. Because they know what they own and can set the conditions for the exchange and without any middleman. Only reason for govts to exist is: Printing money. If you take this away  congratulations! You just destroyed all states in the world. The ones who can't print(hyperinflated) are allready gone it's a race to bottom.

12 hours ago, Yarco said:

So we would have an infinite number of sub-currencies floating around.

Isn't that the problem right now? You own currencies but you don't know what you own, but one thing you know is whatever you own  it is decreasing.

1 hour ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

People hording gold and silver will become the next target in about 3 months.

Target how?

34 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

Target how?

It's a big topic but I'll keep it short. Gold and silver along with decentralized crypto coins undermines the legitimacy of all nation states under the current money politics. Price of gold and silver is very heavily manipulated, only god knows their actual price, especially silver. Once the real prices revealed there gonna be simply no use for dollars(ie: any paper money). It's a matter of national security for each nation state they know that very well and they will announce this to public as well.. Who will take the blame for? not govt ofc, it doesn't work that way... There gonna be very heavy regulations for first crypto coins then physical metals. We are seeing biggest stakes in history as paper money doomed to fail.

time will show everything

Reminder: ''The passage of the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 signified that the American people could no longer hold gold, with the exception of jewelry and collectors' coins''

40 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

It's a big topic but I'll keep it short. Gold and silver along with decentralized crypto coins undermines the legitimacy of all nation states under the current money politics. Price of gold and silver is very heavily manipulated, only god knows their actual price, especially silver. Once the real prices revealed there gonna be simply no use for dollars(ie: any paper money). It's a matter of national security for each nation state they know that very well and they will announce this to public as well.. Who will take the blame for? not govt ofc, it doesn't work that way... There gonna be very heavy regulations for first crypto coins then physical metals. We are seeing biggest stakes in history as paper money doomed to fail.

time will show everything

Reminder: ''The passage of the Gold Reserve Act of 1934 signified that the American people could no longer hold gold, with the exception of jewelry and collectors' coins''

I was dealing with this theory in the 90s. It is hard to predict the future. 

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

I was dealing with this theory in the 90s. It is hard to predict the future. 

Then you know Hunt brothers too? Take their ethos and apply it regular citizens...That's the perfect recipe for disaster(in a good way). That looks to me what is going on right now. Yeah it's hard but not imposible.

Seems like my future predictions are sadly true.

S. 3771: Stop Russian GOLD Act of 2022

''This bill prohibits US citizens from selling gold to russia for a higher price than the overlords want.

It is effectively a ban on numismatics, which could not otherwise be banned as generic bullion could be right now. This bill effectively bans selling gold to any person in any other country. And the accused get no due process.

Even attempting to buy or sell gold from/to anyone outside the US is punishable by confiscation and $1 million dollar fine and 20 years in prison.''

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/comments/tih1bd/stop_russian_gold_act_of_2022_is_complete_fawkery/