Manusia

Any fastest method to learn german language?

25 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Kundalini Cataclysm said:

So, you're judging the quality of a country's music by how many international pop hits come from that country? The best musicians in any language never become really popular. What many people like is not a measure of how good the music is.
Also, Rammstein sell out fucking stadiums around the world.

What people like is a big point. The topic is language learning. If you like the music you can use it to learn the language.

At least Rammstein is somewhat popular but it is still a nazi torture
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47745071

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/1367549418810100

Edited by Epikur

check out Michel Thomas. He's A1-Language Teacher who recorded teachings with actual students, and the listener becomes one of the students. I learned spanish that way extremely fast and secure.

The courses are not cheap, but if you have some money they are more than worth it. If not, maybe torrent it.

@Epikur Rammstein is not a Nazi-band, nor even right-wing. If you knew the first thing about them you would know that they are actually extremely left-wing and anti-fascist. This is obvious to anyone who understands the lyrics, and the band have again and again confirmed their stance in interviews. They even made a song called "Links 2 3 4" ("Left 2 3 4") to address these ignorant accusations. The lyrics of the chorus translate to:

"They want my heart in the RIGHT place, but
looking down on me
It's beating LEFT
LEFT"

Please do your research and do not spread ridiculous misinformation. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, the blanket statement "German music is bad" is ridiculous. What the hell even is "German music"? There are German musicians playing all different kinds of genres, and of course what you will like or not will be highly relative. There is plenty of awesome music in Germany if you know where to look.

On the topic of learning German, I am a native German speaker myself but I'm afraid I don't have any particularly great advice. May I suggest though that you looking for a "fast way to learn German" reeks of trying to find a shortcut, in which case you would set yourself up for failure from the get-go. Realize that learning German will take considerable dedication, time, and effort and will be a project that you will likely work on for many years until you become fluent. 

I myself have learned some Italian using busuu.com. I liked it. It's easy to find other language learners to help and correct you. Within a week I had found an Italian guy who was learning German, and he would be correcting my exercises while I would be correcting his. I thought it was a great experience and it worked better than I had expected. Maybe you wanna check it out as well.

@RttPtt I reccomend ditching anything that includes English in the material, especially for Chinese. You need as much total immersion with the language as possible. The only way is to give your brain the opportunity to get used to the language, which is done through immersion. Immersion doesn't have to be 24/7 it can be an hour or 2 or 3, but it needs to be just Chinese. Personally duolingo and ChinesePod didn't work for me.

I use LingQ.Com and Refold.la

There whole premise is immersion through reading and listening to native materials not learner materials.  LingQ has a wealth of resources for all levels and is really fun to use. Refold is basically a philosophy of how to use real native TV shows and movies to develop native level listening comprehension in a foreign language. They're both very fun and satisfying approaches.

I live in China, so I use AQIY and Tenecent video, they are Chinas version of Netflix basically, they have more than enough Chinese tv shows and movies. I don't know if you can access it abroad though, give it a try. It only costs me £1.50 a month.

With enough Input, speaking comes easy....easier at least, pronunciation in Chinese certainly takes a lot of practice, but with enough input you won't be searching and struggling for words and you'll be able to understand the other person, which is 50% of  conversation. 90% of Chinese words only have 2 syllables, and the phonetics don't really deviate from the syllable patterns like they do in most other languages, so actually the pronunciation is much easier than people think, the tones are tricky though. I fuck the tones up all the time still.

Steve Kaufman says " you've just gotta get a feel for the rythm of Chinese and allow the listening input to 'infect' you with the language."

Biggest thing though for Chinese is to let go of English, only use it for getting the meaning of words initially, don't bother with explanations and analysis of Chinese in English. The meaning of Chinese is in the Chinese language itself. 

Edited by Spence94

4 hours ago, KingCrimson said:

@Epikur Rammstein is not a Nazi-band, nor even right-wing. If you knew the first thing about them you would know that they are actually extremely left-wing and anti-fascist. This is obvious to anyone who understands the lyrics, and the band have again and again confirmed their stance in interviews. They even made a song called "Links 2 3 4" ("Left 2 3 4") to address these ignorant accusations. The lyrics of the chorus translate to:

"They want my heart in the RIGHT place, but
looking down on me
It's beating LEFT
LEFT"

Please do your research and do not spread ridiculous misinformation. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, the blanket statement "German music is bad" is ridiculous. What the hell even is "German music"? There are German musicians playing all different kinds of genres, and of course what you will like or not will be highly relative. There is plenty of awesome music in Germany if you know where to look.

On the topic of learning German, I am a native German speaker myself but I'm afraid I don't have any particularly great advice. May I suggest though that you looking for a "fast way to learn German" reeks of trying to find a shortcut, in which case you would set yourself up for failure from the get-go. Realize that learning German will take considerable dedication, time, and effort and will be a project that you will likely work on for many years until you become fluent. 

I myself have learned some Italian using busuu.com. I liked it. It's easy to find other language learners to help and correct you. Within a week I had found an Italian guy who was learning German, and he would be correcting my exercises while I would be correcting his. I thought it was a great experience and it worked better than I had expected. Maybe you wanna check it out as well.

I did not say that Rammstein is a Nazi band.
German music sucks regarding international pop music metrics.