Spence94

Giving the Life purpose course a real try...

8 posts in this topic

I bought the Lifes purpose course years ago. I wasn't ready for it, I needed to go out and live and experience life to find my calling. Now I basically know my calling, it's pretty obvious, so are my values. I'm still resistant to go back to the course and try to take it very seriously.

Can anyone share their experience with the course? Did it have a profound impact on you in the short and long run even if it was clear what your purpose was already? Did those concepts and books have a a profound impact? How impactful were the exercises? Is it something you did in one go or have you been returning to it over time to more deeply integrate?

I feel like it could be of value but also feel like I'm wasting time investing lots of hours into the course when I could just be building the skills I already know I need to be building...

Maybe in the long game it will be worth the time investment...

Edited by Spence94

You paid for the course already, just do it. Your mind is finding 100 different excuses to procrastinate even in your post.

It's like 30 hours of your life. Less if you want to watch the first half which is all theory at 1.5x or 2x speed. If that's the difference between doing it at all or not, do it. Do you really have something better and more productive to do during those hours instead? Just substitute it in for whatever normal YouTube / Netflix watching you'd do in a week.

If you just watched the latest Actualized.org video, that's 2 hours you could've put toward the course instead and it would've been a lot more practical and applicable to your life.

In the time it took you to write this post you could've watched 1 or 2 modules.

You don't have to read any of the recommended books. Stop assuming what's in the course and just do it. It'll be easier than you think.

Yes it had a profound impact on my life in the short and long term even though I more or less already knew what I wanted to do. It's one of the best uses of my time ever. I've come back and re-done the course every December for 3 or 4 years in a row now.

If you go into the course and some of the videos are down, there's a problem with the video host at the moment. Don't you dare use that as an excuse. Come back in a week and try again if it's unavailable.

Why am I wasting my time to convince you so hard to do the best thing possible for your life. What the fuck. If you want to fail so bad just fail, flounder and figure it out alone if you really want I guess. But it's all sitting there on a golden platter already.

If you dont take the course, are you REALLY going to start building the skills you need, or are you just going to dick around and waste time? Be honest with yourself.

@Yarco Thank you for wasting your time to convince me. Much appreciated.

Edited by Spence94

The course had a radical impact on my career path and has changed my life.

100% absolutely go through with it.

Watch every single video.

Do every single exercise.

Apply the concepts and watch your life transform. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Spence94 It's hard to review a product which its performance is heavily relied upon the customer. Nevertheless, here are some of my thoughts:

the course validated my intuition that there is more to life than what people normally experience. However, the bottom line is:

1. I didn't find my life purpose with the course.

2. I didn't feel it provided me any concrete value.

3. On the spectrum of pragmatism - idealism, the course made me less pragmatic and more idealistic.

4. The actual part of the course that focuses on finding your life purpose didn't feel practical. It got me into overthinking for an extended period of time. I mean at the end of the day (Leo says it too by himself in the FAQ section of the course and in some of his Actualized.org videos), in order to find your life purpose you need try things out until something clicks. It's not a rocket science.

In conclusion, the people I think that can benefit from the course are those who already got something and want to take it to the next level by instilling the right mindset and concepts to their lives. I don't think it's for people who want to find their passion. You don't find passion in a course, you find it by doing stuff.

Edited by Shaul

In your case, I don't think it should be black and white as you portray it. If you do all the course all over again, all at once and non stop, then yea it may seem as a waste of time. But, if continue working on your skills, while each day doing a small chunk of the course (break it down in a sustainable way) then it could be a good investment of your time. 

I took it and it changed everything for me. Been developing my artistry for 3 years now. Really solid course imo.

https://aapo.blog/

my personal website-actualized since 2015-just waiting for the day-we have the first guys on the forum

born on 2015 :P

@Spence94 Super worth it. 

I bought it and every day Monday to Friday I would go to a cafe 6-9 am before work and work on it. I had a lot of fun!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"