Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julian gabriel

Why Open Pandoras Box? To escape Boredom?

5 posts in this topic

Similar to why eat from the tree of knowledge? Deconstructing reality is opening pandoras box like as much as possible. 

Why do humans open a box of chaos even when in the perfect guardian of eden? 

Is existing without drama just too boring? 

Even pain seems preferable to boredom. wtf, why? 

Edited by Julian gabriel

Because you want to. No one likes an unopened box with apparently tantalizing contents. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

2 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Is existing without drama just too boring?

This.

I see it like there has to be a constant flow in the Universe. A constant changing. Energy always moves from one state to another, that's what makes it alive. It has to keep moving. It's an endless cycle. This is the game.

So if it gets boring, we want excitement. And when we've had enough of excitement we look for peacefulness again. And this repeats itself for eternity.

When I was on an Ayahuasca retreat, one person in our group explained his visions. He said he saw lightness and darkness (good and bad, white and black - whatever) as being on a dancefloor, having a dance battle. For some while the light would dance, doing its thing, and later they would exchange and then darkness was battling, and this kept going. As soon as one of them started winning, there was a general unrest and actually none of them were really happy. None of them actually wanted to win, because then it would be over. All they really wanted was to keep on dancing forever. They respected each other. 

So I see life like this, it's an endless dance. It always has to flow from one state to another, it's written in our core. That's why I believe we will never get rid of wars. It's just not possible. We need the good and the bad, to appreciate them both.

In my opinion, only if you seek the truth at any cost.

I don't think boredom is a good enough excuse. There is enough to do in everyday conventional life to fill many, many lifetimes.

It also seems to be a natural development/progression of being a more developed person, or living in a more stable and developed society. Boredom as we know it seems like a pretty new development. Caused by social media shortening attention spans, too much free time, purposelessness.

If you're bored, just take a 5 minute walk in any direction and something new and interesting will probably present itself.

Deconstructing reality is also a part of navigation. 

No? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.