softlyblossoming

How Complicated Did Spirituality Need To Be Before Your Enlightenment?

34 posts in this topic

Can the "path" be simplified to not seeking in this moment, again and again and again?

Is this practice enough for complete final enlightenment?

What would you add to it?

Thank you and with metta,

Robert

Edited by softlyblossoming
removed unnecessary words

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

@softlyblossoming You seek until you find and when you find the seeking energy starts to dissolve. 

Enloghtenment is real experience.It is not you without thoughts.Stop with neo advaita nonsense.

@softlyblossoming You will experience yourself as Pure Infinite Love.That is the end of spiritual practises.

That is what you really are or im buddhism True Nature.

@Zeroguy Thank you for such a comprehensive reply, that's really appreciated.

@WelcometoReality Thank you, that was very straight to the point. Do I need to continue my meditation practice or am I good to just let it dissolve on its own?

11 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Zeroguy Thank you for such a comprehensive reply, that's really appreciated.

@WelcometoReality Thank you, that was very straight to the point. Do I need to continue my meditation practice or am I good to just let it dissolve on its own?

Meditation is a good way to ground yourself into being. I did not meditate after the realization but I can see that it might have sped up the dissolving.

I did do other activities that grounded me like walking in the forest. I'd advice you to not push yourself into meditating if you don't feel like it. Do the things you enjoy and meditation will come naturally with it. ?

37 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

Enloghtenment is real experience.It is not you without thoughts.Stop with neo advaita nonsense.

How is it "neo advaita nonsense"?

I don't resonate with neo advaita at all. I think that those teachings are not helpful to those who seek.

I would add that the word enlightenment, the conceptualizing of it, the seeking of it and much of what is taught about it serves as a distraction from and stumbling block to the cessation of self suffering.

So purge all thought about enlightenment from the mind.

The so-called neo-advaita message isn't meant to be useful, it simply attempts to illuminate the futility or ridiculous idea of an illusory individual attempting to attain or become enlightened.

An illusion never finds what it's looking for because IT'S the very dualism from which IT'S trying to escape.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The neo-advaita message is a trap because it isn't the ego or self (in Buddhism its called the small self) that wakes up it is God.  God realizes no self or realizes that the self or individual as you call it was an illusion.   So when one is saying it is realized that the separate individual is seen to be an illusion - it is Infinite Consciousness that realizes it.  (You can call it Pure Consciousness, God, Awareness itself, or whatever.  But as @Zeroguy has stated- who as God has had mystic states - enlightenment does exist.  It is not an illusion.  The self does not attain it because the self dies   But God does wake up to itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

37 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The so-called neo-advaita message isn't meant to be useful, it simply attempts to illuminate the futility or ridiculous idea of an illusory individual attempting to attain or become enlightened.

An illusion never finds what it's looking for because IT'S the very dualism from which IT'S trying to escape.

❤ 

It is all Love.Everything is Love.

@SOUL Wise words duly noted. I will curb my conceptualizing and pontificating. Thanks!

2 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

I did do other activities that grounded me like walking in the forest. I'd advice you to not push yourself into meditating if you don't feel like it. Do the things you enjoy and meditation will come naturally with it. ?

I love walking! I like to focus on the impermanence door while I walk because it really relaxes me. I really feel that "over-effort-ing" in my meditation held me back for ages, not just from progressing at the art, but from enjoying it too, which I think go hand in hand. That said, it's lovely to hear someone else had a similar experience as this helps me to trust my direct experience more and not worry too much about "doing it wrong by being too chilled/non-austeer about the whole thing". Thanks again!

@VeganAwake @Inliytened1 Thanks guys, some wonderful elaborations. It's lovely to have you two stop by and contribute to my thread as you've both already contributed so much to my unfolding awakening in all of the other threads we've spoken on. All the metta.

1 hour ago, softlyblossoming said:

@SOUL Wise words duly noted. I will curb my conceptualizing and pontificating. Thanks!

I love walking! I like to focus on the impermanence door while I walk because it really relaxes me. I really feel that "over-effort-ing" in my meditation held me back for ages, not just from progressing at the art, but from enjoying it too, which I think go hand in hand. That said, it's lovely to hear someone else had a similar experience as this helps me to trust my direct experience more and not worry too much about "doing it wrong by being too chilled/non-austeer about the whole thing". Thanks again!

Yeah, that's a nice attitude to have about it. ? It's all about sinking deeper and deeper into your direct experience. 

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

All realizations are subjective. They don't exist until they've been realized.

God Realization is actual.Objective.Hey,you actually become God in it's formlesness.

Form =Formless

Everything is Love.

Edited by Zeroguy

No continue to seek, in my opinion seeking is necessary. However, make that seeking one-pointed and unadressed, or adressed to the whole, or pointed inward. Don't seek in the world of concepts or in the experiences of the senses, or in the energies. That which you seek cannot be different than you ultimately, you see?

Practicing some concentration exercise can be helpful to unify the seeking impulse

25 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

God Realization is actual.

That's nice to hear. Congratulations. ?

8 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

All realizations are subjective. They don't exist until they've been realized.

I think this is a key thing many people misunderstand. 

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization.