Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spence94

Dream girl/guy. Anyone found them?

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spence94 said:

@Jacobsrw No offence taken, appreciate the input. Besides, I like being snapped out of my delusion into more empowering truths, that's why I am here. 

This soul mate thing runs deep, even listening to TNL or Leo talk about attraction it's easy to get confused the moment they mention the 'one' or 'dream' partner. I think I'll just drop those words from my vocabulary haha. 

Yeah man by all means contemplate it, I don’t want to force you out of it though hey. It’s best to discover that for yourself. But I’m sure through contemplating it deeply you will likely see some of the dangers with these type of romantic fantasies. Similar to twin flames ??

Yeah I agree! The pick up and dying world is wrought with deceptive ideas. Listen to what seems deeply truthful not what feels comfortable. Love is one of those mysterious and magical things that cannot be simply explained by the limits of human ideas ? 

@Jacobsrw Do you plan on getting married or having an LTR?

I've always liked the idea of finding a single partner who was so attractive, desirable, compatible etc but i'm not actually sure what is the wisest relationship choice. Maybe some form of communal polyamory, idk.

Finding your dream partner has nothing to do with perfection. Never did. That’s a misconception to think that once you find the one all your problems will melt away. Actually it’s often the opposite that happens. When you find your person much of your shadow aspects arise to the surface as you experience the safety that comes with deep intimacy. If you want a conscious partner yes you must step up to the plate and do your work. (Teachings from Lorin Kern)

"You Create Magic" 

I'm with the woman of my dreams. We met randomly on accident. Have been together for going on 6 years and have wonderful children. Tons of great family time and trips. It is really a beautiful thing. Remember though that no good relationship can be smooth all the time. You will have sometimes have disageeements and thats ok. 

On 3/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, Spence94 said:

Did they fulfill your dreams so to speak?

Only YOU can do that. Sorry but that's the truth.

Edited by Adodd

@Adodd

6 minutes ago, Adodd said:

I'm with the woman of my dreams. We met randomly on accident. Have been together for going on 6 years and have wonderful children. Tons of great family time and trips. It is really a beautiful thing.

Only YOU can do that. Sorry but that's the truth.

Nice. Happy for you.

I meant did the person live upto the qualities you were looking for in a romantic partner. I didn't mean finding fulfillment through the other person. 

Edited by Spence94

On 3/5/2022 at 3:46 PM, Leo Gura said:

You are never going to find the perfect romantic partner. They will all have problems. Just find one who has problems you are willing to put up with and that don't drive you crazy.

This really is brutally blunt but spot on.(typical Leo ?)

@Flowerfaeiry Lots of spiritual growth to be had in relationships and spiritual growth ain't smooth sunshine and rainbows.

I'm glad a few of you mentioned the shadow. Good to be aware of this in the context of intimacy. 

8 minutes ago, Spence94 said:

@Adodd

I meant did the person live upto the qualities you were looking for in a romantic partner. I didn't mean finding fulfillment in the other person. 

I would have to say no.

But only because the qualities I was looking for in a woman were things that were very conceited, neurotic and slefish. I think this is common when people have an idea of their "perfect" partner.

Having the urge and willingness to grow together, I think is one of the main qualities of my relationship and before the relationship that was not a specific quality I was searching for. I don't think it ever goes how its imagined.

Edited by Adodd

6 minutes ago, Adodd said:

I would have to say no.

But only because the qualities I was looking for in a woman were things that were very conceited, neurotic and slefish. I think this is common when people have an idea of their "perfect" partner.

Having the urge and willingness to grow together, I think is one of the main qualities of my relationship and before the relationship that was not a specific quality I was searching for. I don't think it ever goes how its imagined.

Interesting.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:50 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Finding your dream partner has nothing to do with perfection. Never did. That’s a misconception to think that once you find the one all your problems will melt away. Actually it’s often the opposite that happens. When you find your person much of your shadow aspects arise to the surface as you experience the safety that comes with deep intimacy. If you want a conscious partner yes you must step up to the plate and do your work. (Teachings from Lorin Kern)

Problem is the “Dream partner” is a fabricated illusion unnecessary and unhelpful to actually finding one who is compatible.

There are numerous compatible options out there one could explore. Reducing down such possibilities to an inconceivable term only straight jackets your relationship potential. 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:37 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

@Jacobsrw Do you plan on getting married or having an LTR?

I've always liked the idea of finding a single partner who was so attractive, desirable, compatible etc but i'm not actually sure what is the wisest relationship choice. Maybe some form of communal polyamory, idk.

Marriage, likely not. Another partner or serious relationship, yes, but it isn’t planned. I find it more worthwhile working on myself and meeting people on the side when opportunity permits it. I’ve been meeting people more of recent which is nice but I have no specific aim or agenda.

That’s no at idea. Pedestalising or idolising that aspiration however could become problematic. Nothing wrong with desiring a compatible partner or seeking it