WokeBloke

The bodies in your experience aren't experiencing

16 posts in this topic

The bodies that are in your experience are not experiencing. In other words your experience is not experiencing. This doesn't necessarily mean that your experience of other people isn't based on something beyond your experience. Perhaps you are sensing real bodies and perhaps they are your bodies. Still your perception is not perceiving.

This is just my opinion.

What am I supposed to take from this?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The word experience insinuates or assumes there's an experiencer.

But the experiencer is an illusion.

When the experiencer is recognized to be non-existent, reality can become very dream-like or fluid and feel very unimportant or ordinary. 

And not taking reality seriously can feel very liberating!!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake How do you know that it feels unimportant/ordinary/liberating?

Edited by WokeBloke

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

@VeganAwake How do you know that it feels unimportant/ordinary/liberating?

Nobody knows it but nonetheless that's how it can feel. It can also feel terrifying/shocking/important.

The sense of self lives in a dream story of meaning, purpose and value. It always feels like something is missing and or needs to be known.

So when that whole delusional reality is recognized to be completely nonsense it can feel very blissful/freeing/relaxed etc...

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake You claim it feels a certain way. What is feeling that?

Edited by WokeBloke

@WokeBloke Imagine you are dreaming, and in this dream, you are wearing a red sweatshirt and driving a blue car.  

Who is wearing the red sweatshirt? 

While you are asleep, it seems like there's a 'you' who is wearing a red sweatshirt.. but when 'you' awaken, it's realized that the 'you' you thought you were was just a dream, and there really was no-one wearing any sweatshirt at all.  The 'experiencer' who 'experienced wearing a sweatshirt' was just more experience.  There was never anyone wearing a red sweatshirt!

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle No that was the experiencer's dream. Upon waking up the experiencer remains. Now obviously the experiencer was not the character that it dreamed but still it is. And experiencer is just a reference to that which is experiencing all the experiences. 

@WokeBloke can you really just not grasp non-duality? 

The front and back of a coin are not two different things, even though they seem different.  Both are 'the whole coin', and front (as a reference) is just relative to back.  Front and back are not two separate things.

You can't have 'just the front' of a coin'.. or 'just the back of a coin'.  Front only 'exists' relative to 'back' and vice versa. 

'Experiencer' only 'exists' relative to 'that which is being experienced'.. it seems like two distinct things, but it's possible for this separation to collapse, such that there is no distinction.    

@Mason Riggle So you are just saying the experience is experiencing itself which means the experience is the experiencer. Either way there is an experiencer.

@WokeBloke no.. I'm saying there's no difference.. YOU are saying 'the experiencer is experiencing itself'.

I'm saying 'experiencer' and 'the experience' are not two different things.  

@Mason Riggle If they are the same then the only thing left to experience the experience is the experience itself making it the experiencer.

@WokeBloke this is why people say 'It's all me'.. or Everything is God.. or 'it's all One' or 'I am God' or 'God is One' or 'There is no separation' or 'Reality is non-dual'.. 

There is no such thing as an experiencer that has no experience.. or an experience with no experiencer, because they are not two different things.  Call it whatever you like.. experience, experiencer.. same thing. 

22 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

something beyond your experience

@WokeBloke nothing is beyond experience. experience is singular.

24 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

If they are the same then the only thing left to experience the experience is the experience itself making it the experiencer.

if you notice, what you call "the experiencer" is just agglomeration of sensations that we percieve as a whole, a structure.
But this structure can be deconstructed. 

So, to say that experiencer doesn't exist, means that you can see that it is being produced by a more elementary substance

4 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

@VeganAwake You claim it feels a certain way. What is feeling that?

It's just raw feeling.