Gabith

Feeling fear & anxiety

16 posts in this topic

Today I feel a lot of fear in my body, it seems that I can't stop thinking about war coming, suicide, contacting my ex toxic girlfriend to feel less alone...

Is there a particular technique / meditation that help to deal with fear & anxiety please? 

Do you live in Ukraine? If your a civilian in the U.S you dont need to worry about the war. But the other things are your mind fabricating thoughts about your uneasy emotions. Take some time to do something enjoyable. The satisfaction meditation can help you out, and diverting your focus on the things your working on in life. Finish a book you started, work on your goals, fitness goals, financial goals, idk what your life is like or what your doing but it sounds like your overthinking and getting stuck in your thoughts, just recognize they are only thoughts and pay attention to doing stuff till these things pass. Its a quick little potential fix to get you by.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

There aren't alot of information to go off of.. how long have you been feeling fear/anxiety? That might give a clue.. the stuff you mentioned may be triggers to something else, hard to say. And what do you mean by can't stop thinking about suicide? For yourself or others?

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@puporing I feel fear & anxiety since I saw the war has begun. Almost every sound I hear from outside give me anxiety, I try to identify them and reassure myself, I was never like that before. I'm thinking about suicide for myself because I don't want to see a war

@Kamo I live in Belgium, we are the capital of Europe and member of NATO... 
I had a project that I was all about but I don't see any future now, the idea of working on my project or reading books seems useless

@Gabith I'm so sorry about that.. something out of your control and you were just going on with your life.

It could be a good test/opportunity to contemplate and see if you can go higher than what is happening in the relative and notice how much your sense of being is still dependent on what's happening in the external world. What is in your power to do right now is to stop the division that is limiting your ability to create/vision a world you do want to be in and have the power to create. This is all affected by the way you feel and how you may act on those feelings. If we want more peacefulness and love we must also invite those into ourselves, aim to raise our consciousness so totally that no darkness can be found in our presence. This is a great growth opportunity. You can do it ^_^.

Sending peace and love. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

Well honestly your still a good distance away from the conflict zone. Do your best to carry on life as normal. Ground yourself internally to handle external circumstance. Theres really no reason to discontinue your project. Your idea of the future, which you don't see, will never be the real thing. You cant predict the circumstances that will arise tomorrow let alot the next 10 years. So your only limiting yourself by settling into false beliefs. Until something happens that becomes a direct threat to your personal progress no need to stop your personal progress. Until its in your direct experience its only concept and imagination from your point of view worrying about it. The fear will pass once you can relax back into your normal routine, Your reacting because this is something new and uncertain. So take it easy, Uncertainty is a feeling, not a fact. Manage the feelings. Suicide only has the appearance of a better outcome than your imagined worst case scenario. Its a temporary fearful thought of avoidance from a situation your not literally in in the current moment, just recognize that. Theres no bombs falling in Belgium and theres no reasons for Russia to advance into that territory. Your not alone, talk to your family and friends, here on the forum as well. 

@Kamo Thank you, your message helps me a lot I needed that, I'll do my best 

@Gabith Sure, Im glad I was able to help. Stay strong man. Check in on the news about it and kinda play by ear. Focus on You!

Yesterday night it just hit me like a bolt. I've realised that I was creating suffering & fearful thoughts over something I don't have any control, it was useless! 

Since I am born everyday I've lived could have been my last! And I was living life almost thinking I am eternal haha...
Each day is a gift, all I want is to live each day like a gift because it is and like it was my last because that's it! I don't know when I will die and I have zero control so I have to accept my death.

Finally I've integrated this and now all I want is to remind myself each day when I'm worrying about something "hey remember life is precious, this could be my last day and I want to accept my death because if I don't, I'll create suffering for nothing" 

I wonder why they don't teach this to kids in school, I knew this stuff intellectually and thought I had it all but integrating this is another thing, it changes everything

41 minutes ago, Gabith said:

Yesterday night it just hit me like a bolt. I've realised that I was creating suffering & fearful thoughts over something I don't have any control, it was useless! 

Since I am born everyday I've lived could have been my last! And I was living life almost thinking I am eternal haha...
Each day is a gift, all I want is to live each day like a gift because it is and like it was my last because that's it! I don't know when I will die and I have zero control so I have to accept my death.

Finally I've integrated this and now all I want is to remind myself each day when I'm worrying about something "hey remember life is precious, this could be my last day and I want to accept my death because if I don't, I'll create suffering for nothing" 

I wonder why they don't teach this to kids in school, I knew this stuff intellectually and thought I had it all but integrating this is another thing, it changes everything

that's it man! 

and btw, I don't think this is WW3 unless something major happens .just a conflict between 2 countries that resembles a civil war. Media glorifies exaggerates every single detail . TC

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@Gabith That's awesome, good on you for having a breakthrough!! :D Sounds like the crisis pushed you towards more acceptance and appreciation for life in this present moment. ? 

? There're alot of stuff I wish was actually taught in school... 

11 hours ago, Gabith said:

Good, there ya go man. Keep that mindset going and youll be alright. 

On 24/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, Gabith said:

contacting my ex toxic girlfriend to feel less alone...

Is there a particular technique / meditation that help to deal with fear & anxiety please? 

I can relate, I don't think you need any technique more than just FEELING that shit.

Don't be scared to feel whatever thoughts you experience (It might include your girlfriend, or not).

Don´t say "how do I escape this tension."

More, how can I open myself to this ? How can I breath through this feeling? Can I allow myself to love whatever I am feeling?  

Now, Feeling and Choosing what is best. Peace man.