Gregory1

Is Nahm banned? Or just demoted?

459 posts in this topic

Just now, puporing said:

Yes exactly. 

@Raptorsin7 It's so hard to know the truth beyond what is presented, one can only really speculate and go with and trust their intuitions. But personally don't have a great feeling when someone asks for something like $150/hr for example and you not getting much value each time. It may be a different story if every time/session you felt like a lot of growth was happening that was worth what you were paying, and at some point you've exhausted growing with the person and then stopped. But sounds like your case has to do with putting a lot of trust on someone from the start as one might assume this community has more trustworthy people than the outside, so I think Leo has some responsibility here as well for not knowing what's going on.

I welcome Nahm to come back to the forum and we can have an open discussion about what happened. When i've brought it up in the past he would gaslight me and his followers would pile in, but i'd like to try that again.

The issue of authority abuse with moderators and forum members presenting themselves as teachers is legit, I don't know how to solve it.

But I hope this sets an example for people to speak up in the face of gaslighting and condemnation 

3 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

@Raptorsin7  You thinking that cult following or not, delusion or non delusion, shortsightedness or not, wisdom or less wisdom has any bearing on enlightenment or non enlightenment is a mistake. (which is not to speak in general terms about how likely you are to be wise from a state of enlightenment)

There is nothing more clearly established from a mere peak at a history then that. 

This Nahm case should show the general direction this forum will take, but why this obsession with him in particular? I ask not because I think this obsession is unwarranted, but because I don't understand it. Which of his advises were useless?

Go read the threads. I think virtually of all of it is useless. It's not coming from a place of genuine harmony.

Most of it is parroted abraham hicks, who herself is also a charlatan

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I welcome Nahm to come back to the forum and we can have an open discussion about what happened. When i've brought it up in the past he would gaslight me and his followers would pile in, but i'd like to try that again.

The issue of authority abuse with moderators and forum members presenting themselves as teachers is legit, I don't know how to solve it.

But I hope this sets an example for people to speak up in the face of gaslighting and condemnation 

Also there's an important lesson for you here and that is to be extremely wise with your money (more wise if it's your parent's or someone else's money) and to not trust someone so much in the future to the point that they use your trust against you. Don't assume that if someone is known to be high conscious they can't engage in unethical ways, the point is that it's not completely and entirely your fault but if you want to avoid such a thing happening to you in the future then you'll need to revise your mindset and be hyper aware, not rely on credentials, learn to judge people correctly, learn to be skeptical and critical and not always assume the best of a person in any situation, accept reality and understand that even  the best people fail and that  you shouldn't become a victim of their flaws and failures, keep a watch on how things unfold, judge a person by action rather than reputation and learn to criticise whenever such critical thoughts arise, not to be too trusting to the point of being waylaid and keep a skeptical outlook no matter how positive you think about a person. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

Also there's an important lesson for you here and that is to be extremely wise with your money (more wise if it's your parent's or someone else's money) and to not trust someone so much in the future to the point that they use your trust against you. Don't assume that if someone is known to be high conscious they can't engage in unethical ways, the point is that it's not completely and entirely your fault but if you want to avoid such a thing happening to you in the future then you'll need to revise your mindset and be hyper aware, not rely on credentials, learn to judge people correctly, learn to be skeptical and critical and not always assume the best of a person in any situation, accept reality and understand that even if the best people fail and you shouldn't become a victim of their flaws and failures, keep a watch on how things unfold, judge a person by action rather than reputation and learn to criticise whenever such critical thoughts arise, not to be too trusting to the point of being waylaid and keep a skeptical outlook no matter how positive you think about a person. 

I have a much better sense of how assess teachers, concepts, teachings etc.

There are genuine teachers and good people who have genuine understanding. But i admit it's difficult to find them.

The nice thing about dealing with charlatans is it makes it so much more sweet when you find honest teachers

51 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

He is not enlightened

Then no one is (literally).

Just now, The0Self said:

Then no one is (literally).

Not no one. Just not you and him (:

23 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Brings up a good point I think... what's the line? Is it okay if someone inserts a link to their website in their signature that is their main work/life purpose, but not okay when they actively promote it or get money from people here? Where to draw the line?

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

49 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

The twisted part is his approach on the surface seemed like he was just a good guy trying to help everyone out, but when you look at the results of his approach you see that there is a stark disconnect between the self image he displays and how people are receiving and being impact by his advice.

This is par for the course when the supposed authority’s teaching is even in the same universe as enlightenment. The closer the communication gets to that, the more there is going to be painful blowback and mayhem of all sorts. It just goes with the territory — not as a design, but as a likely unintended and un-prevented consequence. Some people hit brick walls that they’re sure are meant to opened, and others open doors they’re sure we’re not meant to be opened. Maybe it’ll evolve somehow, lol, but as of now, no one this happens to gets a guide on “how to do enlightenment right” — nor would that even make sense as it’s a contradiction.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

This is par for the course when the supposed authority’s teaching is even in the same universe as enlightenment. The closer the communication gets to that, the more there is going to be painful blowback and mayhem of all sorts. It just goes with the territory — not as a design, but as a likely unintended and un-prevented consequence. Some people hit brick walls that they’re sure are meant to opened, and others open doors they’re sure we’re not meant to be opened. Maybe it’ll evolve somehow, lol, but as of now, no one this happens to gets a guide on “how to do enlightenment right” — nor would that even make sense as it’s a contradiction.

He is no where close to a frequency of enlightenment.

If you think he is then you haven't met people with genuine understanding

Edited by Raptorsin7

11 minutes ago, puporing said:

Brings up a good point I think... what's the line? Is it okay if someone inserts a link to their website in their signature that is their main work/life purpose, but not okay when they actively promote it or get money from people here? Where to draw the line?

Its okay if they are honest and can genuinely help people. But it's tough because only they can really know, so the onus is on the person promoting their own coaching to be acting with integrity.

But people don't have integrity never think they don't have integrity lol so it's tough.

It would be nice if there was some kind of ethics board that spiritual teachers can subscribe to do guide their conduct.

11 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Not no one. Just not you and him (:

Just refraining from (mis)leading.

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

He is no where close to a frequency of enlightenment.

What you call enlightenment is something else. Something far more spectacular such as God realization or higher consciousness.

When enlightenment happens there’s quite literally no one left to care about it or even to abide in it. And amazingly, there never was anyone there separate from totality. So enlightenment is not something that has to be achieved — it’s merely the end of an energetic setup which makes this appearance seem somehow knowably separate. And literally absolutely nothing can bring it about because it’s acausal — even for that reason alone, any teaching of enlightenment at all is automatically unworthy of the title. The situation is infinitely hopeless.

On the other hand, the elevation of consciousness gets thrown in there with enlightenment and so it can perhaps be seen as something somehow worthwhile to teach and so we have enlightenment masquerading as authority. Nothing wrong with that.

@The0Self So what do you think I was paying for with Nahm? 

When I started talking to him he had just started doing enlightenment coaching at a reiki center. If it's acausal why would he do that?

What is your definition of enlightenment and who is an example of someone who embodies the understanding(or non-understanding)

Edited by Raptorsin7

23 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@The0Self So what do you think I was paying for with Nahm? 

When I started talking to him he had just started doing enlightenment coaching at a reiki center. If it's acausal why would he do that?

What is your definition of enlightenment and who is an example of someone who embodies the understanding(or non-understanding)

I’ll admit I don’t know anything about how he conducts business, I only know him from his posts and videos and I also perused his website. He may very well be guilty of some kind of social-monetary infraction but I’d bet that’s due to his personality, his lack of worldly understanding, general worldly or personal imperfection, or someone’s lack of understanding. What did you pay him for and what exactly did he say he’d provide? He might be playing the teacher character or perhaps even the swindler character lol (although I’m sure there’d be two sides to that, in the story of course) — I would never do that, but maybe he would. No idea (truly).

As I said, the elevation of consciousness gets thrown in there with enlightenment and so it can perhaps be seen as something somehow worthwhile to teach and so we have enlightenment (humans associated with it) masquerading as authorities.

The uncaused, timeless, and permanent end of the illusory sense of personal doership, lack, and separation. Timeless no-other-ness. It is without a doubt the last thing anyone is looking for, though many think they are — you could say that’s how it hides. It cannot be embodied so giving a random example would only mislead but with that said, Andreas Müller.

Regardless, this couldn’t be any other way, and it’s already unbounded. There’s just no separation — awareness itself is the connection between what is already not separate, and even that is just a story.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self Can you give an example of someone who embodies what you describe?

I paid him to guide my spiritual path, and embody my blissful states from psychidelics. I think it's fair to assume he offered to help me progress on the path to happiness and bliss, i mean idk why else he would have been talking if that's not what he was offering. He also mentioned awakening, like he was going to help me awaken. Go read the other thread if you're curious, I outlined more about what took place. You can also read through my journal history and see my earliest posts on the forum, that's when I had the most interaction with Nahm

17 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@The0Self Can you give an example of someone who embodies what you describe?

It cannot be embodied so giving a random example would only mislead but with that said, Andreas Müller.

17 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I paid him to guide my spiritual path, and embody my blissful states from psychidelics. I think it's fair to assume he offered to help me progress on the path to happiness and bliss, i mean idk why else he would have been talking if that's not what he was offering. He also mentioned awakening, like he was going to help me awaken. Go read the other thread if you're curious, I outlined more about what took place. You can also read through my journal history and see my earliest posts on the forum, that's when I had the most interaction with Nahm

I don’t know what to say to that with respect to enlightenment other than it’s just what appeared to happen. But with respect to spiritual advancement and greater happiness, it seems like maybe he was just letting you do your path while relaying info based on what he did on the path, or maybe based on nothing at all. I don’t know.

Edited by The0Self

Just now, The0Self said:

I don’t know what to say that with respect to enlightenment other than it’s just what appeared to happen. But with respect to spiritual advancement and greater happiness, it seems like maybe he was just letting you do your path while relaying info based on what he did on the path, or maybe based on nothing at all. I don’t know.

Yeah that is more or less what happened, he just smiled along and was a yes man to anything I said or did.

Just now, The0Self said:

It cannot be embodied so giving a random example would only mislead but with that said, Andreas Müller.

18 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Why do you think people watch his videos? 

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Why do you think people watch his videos? 

Various reasons. Perhaps mostly either because they just can’t seem to stop watching, or that they think they’re going to get something, such as enlightenment (based on a misunderstanding, and he is very upfront about pointing that out). Fun. No reason, ultimately.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Various reasons. Perhaps mostly either because they just can’t seem to stop watching, or that they think they’re going to get something, such as enlightenment (based on a misunderstanding, and he is very upfront about pointing that out). Fun. No reason, ultimately.

From my pov there are a bunch of people watching who are suffering seekers, and they think he has the answer to their long search. If only they can understand what he understands then it will all be okay.

And he gets an ego boost as a teacher and probably makes money on his videos.

And so you have a delusional co-dependent relationship between the students and the "Teacher"

Charlatan 

Edited by Raptorsin7

14 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

From my pov there are a bunch of people watching who are suffering seekers, and they think he has the answer to their long search. If only they can understand what he understands then it will all be okay.

And he gets an ego boost as a teacher and probably makes money on his videos.

And so you have a delusional co-dependent relationship between the students and the "Teacher"

Charlatan 

Yeah I just didn’t see that even to the faintest degree with him.

Wait,

He’s not a teacher — that would be the key thing to take away from this as I thought you already understood that. Everything you say makes perfect sense if you’re talking about a teacher. Good God a teacher teaching about what enlightenment really is is making me a little nauseous ? — I’m joking, but still.

It can only be pointed to, and never ever led to.

Edited by The0Self

Just now, The0Self said:

Yeah I just didn’t see that even to the faintest degree with him. He’s not a teacher — that would be the key thing to take away from this as I thought you already understood that. Everything you say makes perfect sense if you’re talking about a teacher. Good God a teacher teaching about what enlightenment really is making me a little nauseous ? — I’m joking, but still.

(: