electroBeam

Are Enlightened People Just Psychopaths?

12 posts in this topic

I looked at the traits of a psychopath today, and most of the traits happen to be traits I've heard enlightened people have, and they are actually traits I'm trying to posses. Most notably:

Enlightened and psychopathic people both don't have any empathy

Enlightened and psychopathic people both don't care about what others think ( a trait I'm actually trying to posses)

Enlightened and psychopathic people both seem calm, and don't have anxiety, and have a lack of fear (a trait im trying to posses).

I just looked at the psychopath quiz, and I think that 10 out of the 12 questions could apply to enlightened people just as much as a psychopath http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm

Are psychopaths and enlightened people more similar to each other than the general public?

33 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I looked at the traits of a psychopath today, and most of the traits happen to be traits I've heard enlightened people have, and they are actually traits I'm trying to posses. Most notably:

Enlightened and psychopathic people both don't care about what others think ( a trait I'm actually trying to posses)

Enlightened and psychopathic people both seem calm, and don't have anxiety, and have a lack of fear (a trait im trying to posses).

I just looked at the psychopath quiz, and I think that 10 out of the 12 questions could apply to enlightened people just as much as a psychopath http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/psychopathy.htm

Are psychopaths and enlightened people more similar to each other than the general public?

Your ideas of enlightenment are way off. Stop theorising what it will be like to be like to be enlightened and just do the work to try discover what is actually true.

You might be right or wrong but these conceptual understanding you have could be holding you back.

@electroBeam be careful buddy you could just be projecting enlightenment on to the test. We don't see the world as it is but rather how we are. Its probley cause your studying enlightenment so you start to see it in things completely unrelated To it. Don't get to caught up in how enlightened people are, because the ego might see that and just try to emulate it which is not enlightenment.

Do you know what I mean? :)

@electroBeam Do you even know what a fucking psychopath is? A psychopath is driven by egoic desires. These desires will be fullfilled by any cost. Including manipulation of people and generally amoral behaviour. 

Manipulation is a key trait of a psychopath. Have you seen any manipulative enlightened person?

Also saying enlightened people don't have empathy is just completely baseless. They can choose to express it. But most often than not you dont really know how to help people, so feeling super empathetic all the time serves no purpose. 

Also I did the psychopath test and scored 3 points. 18 points would have been a psychopath. 

On a scale of potato to enligthened I'm super enligthened brah. So you can draw your own conclusions from there.

@Snick not according to Rali, Mooji and Adyshanti. See 2:47 of this video 

Just now, Psychonaut said:

Also saying enlightened people don't have empathy is just completely baseless.

No... saying enlightened people have empathy is completely baseless, see 2:47 of video at the top

@electroBeam yer its about being open minded isnt it really. Its not like one size fits all. Someone could get enlightened and become more empathic or someone could get enlightened and not be empathic and be completely detached. It's best not to hold on to any particular view or belief because that can be a hindrance. its about being open & not really knowing, that way one doesn't cling to dogma. :D

@electroBeam Empathy is very misunderstood and has various definitions

Empathy is an ability to imagine as if you were in someone else's shoes, without losing the "as if" quality.

Now this definition makes a lot of sense, and enlightened person will posses this quality more than anyone else.
After all, does it really help anyone if you cry when they cry.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@electroBeam to clarify, this comes from Carl Rogers, and again since that is counseling and therapeutic context - makes a lot of sense.
(Can't really be a good therapist when you cry with your client... lol)

@electroBeam
Also. Psychopath, narcissist or a sociopath thinks very differently of others than a regular person.
He lietrally sees everyone else as an extension of themselves. He doesn't care like... at all.

It is the attitude of "you are here for me and me only, I am the centre of everything, you are wrong in all matters, I am right for I am the only Truth."
Enlightenment is precieslty, the absolute opposite of that.

2 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Of course I still need to see your research papers where such conclusions logically came about and are based upon, backed up with hard evidence.

Where are the results of your research?

Comparing an Enlightened one with psychopathic people is very bold and unwholesome indeed, if not having a strong case with decent arguments and decent proof to back up your claims, and having a decent understanding concerning Enlightened beings and psychopathic people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

7 hours ago, electroBeam said:

No... saying enlightened people have empathy is completely baseless, see 2:47 of video at the top

naked reality is the psychopath here lol. I might describe him as a zen devil myself, he literally does not care about anything, directly states it, and uses his philosophical understandings to escape reality and forward his run-of-the-mill egoic drives.

Edited by Neill

7 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Mooji and adyashanti definitely never meant what your most likely thinking when they say they don't feel. They are the most empathetic teachers in the non duality field. Mooji especially as his unconditional love clearly shows for all.

Also Rali has admitted he's still growing (and was wrong) and is changing and becoming more empathetic as he is integrating his enlightenment more and more if you watch his recent videos.

The problem is your still trying to validate your claims about the truth from external sources. None of that matters and is meaningless until you do the work and see for yourself. 

Edited by Live Life Liam