Preety_India

What are the benefits of short term retreats?

5 posts in this topic

If you have been to retreats in the past, what benefits did you experience emotionally, psychologically and spiritually? 

Share your experience. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Solo-retreats are amazing. Away from city, constant titulation, entertainment, internet. I got great insights and felt very happy on my solo retreats.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

better to do them at home without food fun friends else the novelty factor will distract and it could be a waste ... just sit doing nothing one week

Once I made 4/5 days. No entertainment. 2 days only fruits, 2 days fasting + meditation, yoga, and cold showers in the waterfalls.

Amazing results. But see what works better for yourself. Ask yourself and define it. It is good to consult others but don't get trapped in other people's experiences or advice. 

It's like a psychedelic with lesser peak experience but afterglow that lasts for months and even years