Danioover9000

Mr. Girl's critic of Dr. K. Thoughts?

104 posts in this topic

This was the most recent video of Mr. Girl reading internal emails between healthy gamer coaches.

I made either a thread or post about the probability of Mr. Girl wanting a discussion with Dr. K, and the likelihood of such a discussion going sort of south in the past, don't know where it is, but I thought it's not gonna likely happen, but clearly the current situation is Mr. Girl is serious in wanting not just to discuss with Dr. K, but to even go as far as canceling him from being an online therapist to gamers, in relation to the suicide of Reckfull! Mr. Girl is , in my opinion and intuition, like the rough equivalent of Jesus Christ getting angry at the jewish priests in the temple. However, I don't know much about the situation with Reckfull suicide, nor have the feeling that Dr. K was obviously malicious. I get the sense Mr  Girl wants Dr. K to confess his sins before him.

What are your thoughts about this situation?

Do you think Mr. Girl is trolling, or is Mr. Girl being serious?

From a spiral Dynamics/Integral theory modal, do you think that because of the differences in terms of values, cognition, morality, personality  typing/ego psyche, life domains and states of consciousness  that Mr. Girl is viewing Dr. K as sort of the bad guy that is more responsible in part for Reckfull's lead up to his suicide?

Do you think, from the perspective of ego development and shadow work, that Mr. Girl's reaaction is a projection of the differences in terms of spiritual development between the two?

I'll continue over time discussing this because Mr. Girl, while not fully at stage yellow, lacks the systems thinking or conceptualisation of systems, it's values, it's higher order thinking, is having like a stage green emotional triggering towards Dr. K, whose also due to his spiritual development and study of psychology has found a niche of being an online 'therapist' for gamers. It's very interesting to me because Mr. Girl is very authentic, has a slightly different personality typing and morality, and if they ever will have a discussion, I think the discussion will become very heated.

Edited by Danioover9000

I don't know all the details, but I think the gist of it is MrGirl knows about psychology (from schooling) and the ethical delicacies involved, and views Dr.K as disingenuously (intentionally or not) exploiting Reckful and possibly others to market his business. Which is a big no no for someone like MrGirl who seems radically honest, almost to a fault. I think he can see through others bullshit quite well, and it comes off as projection sometimes?

When I called in on Sunday to him I knew he was going to say "get therapy" just as a disclaimer, which I understand. But I also didn't anticipate him doing a bit of a U-turn and giving his unfettered thoughts, instead of just going out his way to help. I liked it, but that kind of directness is unusual and can confuse or cause a lot of people to react.

I imagine it's going to blow up in his face and get him cancelled sooner than later, unfortunately.

hrhrhtewgfegege

There's a stream on right now on therapy ethics and mrgirl's stance with Dr. K. I'm sure that vod be uploaded to his channel as well

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Let's see what the ethics board says (Mr.Girl filed a report).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

He's not trolling. His father and grandfather were psychologists and he can understand the damage that what Dr. K is doing could possibly cause. 

The "this isn't therapy" *wink wink nudge nudge* thing.

I think he's right to report him to the ethics board and try to get him stripped of his credentials. I don't think it will actually happen.

(I'm also a Dr. K fan and bought his guide, I'm not just a hater)

I think Mr. Girl is overreacting a bit, but the feelings are legitimate for him. He seems to be a bit more sensitive than the average person that way.

Dr. K wasn't malicious with Reckful. The claim is just that he was being negligent or not meeting his oaths as a physician / psychiatrists.

Do you think, from the perspective of ego development and shadow work, that Mr. Girl's reaaction is a projection of the differences in terms of spiritual development between the two?

Haha no. I think this is you projecting projections onto him.

Edited by Yarco

4 minutes ago, Yarco said:

He's not trolling. His father and grandfather were psychologists and he can understand the damage that what Dr. K is doing could possibly cause. 

He also has a degree in psychology and has been in therapy himself.

@Yarco

4 hours ago, Yarco said:

The "this isn't therapy" *wink wink nudge nudge* thing.

I think he's right to report him to the ethics board and try to get him stripped of his credentials. I don't think it will actually happen.

(I'm also a Dr. K fan and bought his guide, I'm not just a hater)

I think Mr. Girl is overreacting a bit, but the feelings are legitimate for him. He seems to be a bit more sensitive than the average person that way.

Dr. K wasn't malicious with Reckful. The claim is just that he was being negligent or not meeting his oaths as a physician / psychiatrists.

Haha no. I think this is you projecting projections onto him.

What I meant with this being a shadow part of Mr. Girl towards Dr. K, is the difference in spiritual development. It seems to me and I also have heard Dr. K studies and had practices on Yoga, that because Mr. Girl is less spiritually developed, and may have not studied and practiced spirituality, that this difference is what's really triggering him. I could be wrong in this part, if this is mainly because of malpractice in Dr. K's part.

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Yarco

What I meant with this being a shadow part of Mr. Girl towards Dr. K, is the difference in spiritual development. It seems to me and I also have heard Dr. K studies and had practices on Yoga, that because Mr. Girl is less spiritually developed, and may have not studied and practiced spirituality, that this difference is what's really triggering him. I could be wrong in this part, if this is mainly because of malpractice in Dr. K's part.

Mr Girl thinks meditation is basically cult stuff and he doesn't believe in it, he had a very typical stage orange reaction to it when I heard him talk about it. He is actually pretty similar to Jordan Peterson where he projects his own trauma everywhere, he is a very dysfunctional person.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Mr Girl thinks meditation is basically cult stuff and he doesn't believe in it, he had a very typical stage orange reaction to it when I heard him talk about it.

What did he say exactly? From what I heard, I thought he had a nuanced response, pointing out the problems of spiritual bypassing and emotional repression, and then maybe dismissing some of the positive aspects.

@Scholar

10 hours ago, Scholar said:

Mr Girl thinks meditation is basically cult stuff and he doesn't believe in it, he had a very typical stage orange reaction to it when I heard him talk about it. He is actually pretty similar to Jordan Peterson where he projects his own trauma everywhere, he is a very dysfunctional person.

That's interesting, Which video did Mr. Girl shared his thoughts on mediation?

@Scholar That's the one I watched as well. She came off as a bit preachy by bringing it up the way she did, which may have prompted the somewhat dismissive response.

1:05:40 Here he conceded that he doesn't deny the potential benefits of it, but again, the way that meditation was brought up in the discussion was somewhat of a distraction from the main topic, and he tried to steer it back: "you have to know what you don't know."

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Scholar That's the one I watched as well. She came off as a bit preachy by bringing it up the way she did, which may have prompted the somewhat dismissive response.

1:05:40 Here he conceded that he doesn't deny the potential benefits of it, but again, the way that meditation was brought up in the discussion was somewhat of a distraction from the main topic, and he tried to steer it back: "you have to know what you don't know."

I disagree. I think he had an immature reaction to it and later caught himself so pulled the statements back a little. This is one of the aspects that is dysfunctional about MrGirl, he loves being contrarian. You can feel it in his personality, sometimes he says shit just so he can make a confrontational statement.

Glory to Israel

14 hours ago, Scholar said:

I disagree. I think he had an immature reaction to it and later caught himself so pulled the statements back a little. This is one of the aspects that is dysfunctional about MrGirl, he loves being contrarian. You can feel it in his personality, sometimes he says shit just so he can make a confrontational statement.

Yeah. I think Brittany Simons in her interview with Destiny described it pretty well: Mr.Girl has a very strong desire to be authentic and ends up overstepping by trying too hard, coming off as overly edgy and infact inauthentic.

Another factor is his high clinical score in naivety which can be misinterpreted as devaluing social cohesion, because he simply expects too much from people.

@Scholar

18 hours ago, Scholar said:

@Carl-Richard @Danioover9000

Somewhere in this conversation, I think it was in the last third.

Oh yes, I remember this video. Now I see why he reacted the way he did.

I think that, even if instead of this new ager, we had somebody like Destiny who can articulate and explain in a clear and structured way, spirituality to Mr. Girl, I have the feeling that he will still push at certain points with his authenticity, and be contrarian and edgy on purpose. However, I think in that scenario he'll probably agree with the person more instead of the person he just talked to. Also, the meditation point in this conversation is a sub point, if not another argument point within the main frame of the discussion/debate, which is Trans issues, specifically about whether it's right or wrong to transmission to a trans. She brought that up to try and support her earlier assertion that identity is malleable and tried to tie it to subconscious changes, but Mr. Girl disagrees with that. 

On 2/3/2022 at 7:11 PM, lostingenosmaze said:
There's a stream on right now on therapy ethics and mrgirl's stance with Dr. K. I'm sure that vod be uploaded to his channel as well

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Destiny shares his thoughts about the ongoing Mr. Girl and Dr. K drama:

and

Please share your thoughts about his takes on this issue. I'll share mine later.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:07 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Scholar

Oh yes, I remember this video. Now I see why he reacted the way he did.

I think that, even if instead of this new ager, we had somebody like Destiny who can articulate and explain in a clear and structured way, spirituality to Mr. Girl, I have the feeling that he will still push at certain points with his authenticity, and be contrarian and edgy on purpose. However, I think in that scenario he'll probably agree with the person more instead of the person he just talked to. Also, the meditation point in this conversation is a sub point, if not another argument point within the main frame of the discussion/debate, which is Trans issues, specifically about whether it's right or wrong to transmission to a trans. She brought that up to try and support her earlier assertion that identity is malleable and tried to tie it to subconscious changes, but Mr. Girl disagrees with that. 

If Leo Gura was the one to also be in discussion with him, and articulate him about the advanced topics, as well as the hundreds of other basic topics, I think Mr. Girl might likely understand, but probably after giving his non partisan speech and slippery authentic communication first.

Hot off the oven! Watch and post your first impressions and thoughts about Mr. Girl's video!