animani

Heavy metal detox - help!

13 posts in this topic

Me and a friend of mine are preparing to follow Andy Cutlers protocol for heavy metal detox.

Does anyone here know if it's safe to have hardware implant, like stainless steel or titanium in the body while detoxing? And if there's any good resources where I can read about it?

Those are not heavy metals. DMSA will not affect them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Thank you for your fast answer! ^_^

I have read that DMSA also can affect other metals such as iron and copper (nickel?), even if it doesn't seem to affect those in the same amount as heavy metals, so I got worried it would start to corrode the hardware and maybe even cause an "overdose" of iron in the bloodstream?

But that should not be a concern?

Also, why is it necessary to do urine tests when a lot of heavy metals cannot be measured in the urine?

If I know I have heavy metals in the body, is it a bad idea to detox without the use of urine tests, until I don't feel any negative side-effects from the detox anymore? 

Ask these questions in the Andy Cutler chelation Facebook group. 
it’s a very active group with lots of knowledgeable people 

I would double check by studying more research on how DMSA works.

Most of the heavy metals you should care about are measured in the urine. What are you trying to detox?

Detox is a serious thing. You shouldn't do it just because Leo talked about it. The testing is to see if you need it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@animani I would first invest into at least "The mercury detox manual" By Andy Cutler And Rebecca Lee. His 1990s book is quite useful though too. It is much more complex though and it is intended for a clinician. However, it does bring a lot more information on diagnosis. I assume you have read something though given your questions. 

5 hours ago, animani said:

Also, why is it necessary to do urine tests when a lot of heavy metals cannot be measured in the urine?

I wouldn't say it is necessary. However, it could potentially give some idea of how toxic someone is. There is also other tests that can be done with hair, but it is less accurate. Certain mineral deficiencies could indicate potential issues with metals. 

5 hours ago, animani said:

If I know I have heavy metals in the body, is it a bad idea to detox without the use of urine tests, until I don't feel any negative side-effects from the detox anymore? 

I think it would be more important to focus on the symptoms you are trying to improve versus the detox effects. Look into the dump faze and how that works. 

I think that someone could potentially figure out their symptoms in accordance with their exposure as well

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Detox is a serious thing. You shouldn't do it just because Leo talked about it. The testing is to see if you need it.

Much agreed. There is a lot of other aspects of health that should be looked into as well before considering this IMO. 

Edited by Average Investor

@Leo Gura @Average Investor @Space

Thanks for the advice!

I have valid reasons for testing for heavy metals as it's possible I'm toxic from tattoo laser removal (if the ink contains heavy metals) and I want to heal from SIBO. This could be essential for my healing.

I'll continue my research and look for more answers in the FB group.

@animani Chelating heavy metals will not cure sibo. Toxicity might cause the sibo to form, but you will want to tackle the sibo first. You will want to prepared your gut, liver, and kidneys for this as well. It would be recommended to heal and detox them. Your liver will be taking a good amount of heat removing heavy metals as they will be excreted through bile. Other channels in your body will deal with them as well. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

I'd look into Medical Medium's Cleanse to Heal book. It's a gentle approach that will enhance your health overall. https://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/medical-medium-heavy-metal-detox-smoothie

The main concern with an approach like that is there is not a known half life of cilantro and spirulina. When you break the periods of detoxing, there is redistribution of metals. Using DMSA still will cause metals metals to redistribute as well, but since there is a known half life you can continue to dose at the right times minimizing that.  Redistribution could potentially cause even more problems if the metals move to more sensitive areas. 

I'm all for natural solutions, but I have not seen a proper protocol for this that is natural. For some this might have been effective. I have heard some stuff about cilantro potentially being a good natural chelation agent. 

2 hours ago, Average Investor said:

@animani Chelating heavy metals will not cure sibo. Toxicity might cause the sibo to form, but you will want to tackle the sibo first. You will want to prepared your gut, liver, and kidneys for this as well. It would be recommended to heal and detox them. Your liver will be taking a good amount of heat removing heavy metals as they will be excreted through bile. Other channels in your body will deal with them as well. 

@Average Investor How do I know when my body is ready for chelation?

I just thought that heavy metals are one of many things that needs to be released from me in order for the healing to take place. 

I've also been thinking that as long as I struggle with a lot of anxiety it's useless for me to try to get rid of the over-growth with for example Rifaximin as I could fall back easily because I haven't resolved my root causes. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

Right now I'm mostly focused on taking care of my feelings/myself.

I've been seeing a functional nutritionist this past year with antimicrobial herbal protocol for SIBO and H.pylori (Not knowing about any heavy metals). I have a bit more energy now even though I'm still fatigued, not sure if it's the herbs or something else. I haven't seen her in a while because I felt I needed to do more research on my own. Though the biggest barrier here for me is the brain-fog, my cognition is like a sloth. I guess it might be worth seeing her again so that I get in the right direction.

Edited by animani

31 minutes ago, animani said:

How do I know when my body is ready for chelation?

You will have to decide, when is best. Having your gut healed is going to be essential for absorbing nutrients. Doing something like chelation is going to cause the body to become deficient in minerals. That is why you see so many supplements being recommended for doing this. Without a prepared gut it is going to be even harder to get those nutrients while doing this kind of protocol, which could potentially cause more problems with deficiencies. 

For my own requirements, I think having a very optimized diet is crucial. Someone should have done an elimination diet and have a diet that is fully optimized to them. This will really help get the gut back in check and possibly even lift most of the symptoms alone. That and having done a gut, liver, and kidney detox. All of these pathways should be going at full charge. That and having exercise handled and any vitamin deficiencies handled. Someone who is toxic with metals is likely already experiencing some deficiencies, so that should be handled as well. All of this stuff alone would take some serious investment. Not to mention doing all of these could literally solve someone's problems. If someone has fixed all of these channels and is still struggling with symptoms that could be a really good indicator on it's own of metal toxicity. 

Forgot to mention having the cleanest water possible is massive too. That will continue exposure to metals and toxins if it is not taken care of.