Matt23

Releasing Beliefs: One at a time or several at once?

6 posts in this topic

I'm stating to feel like a big reason I've not seen many externals changes and successes in my life is due to limiting, unconscious, beliefs I've not really released and worked through.  

I suppose my question is:  Is it better to work on one belief at a time in a focused way till it's "gone" (do beliefs even ever completely "go", and if so, how would we really know?)?  Or, is it better and equally as effective to work on different ones as they arise?

What's worked for you?

Cheers

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Hi I like this post because I don’t think there is one answer and a lot pops in to my head after reading this. The main options I see are, one, at least, consistently, ‘pluck’ away at one ‘belief’ at a time.’ But notice the sort of belief you immediately pick up following the pattern (a belif about getting rid of beliefs).

Nonetheless, forget the clause about beliefs about beliefs for a second ;) and assume we are just going to get rid of all of beliefs, you could also dispose of multiple beliefs at a time; say if they were connected beliefs and went one after another, nicely, or maybe even all at once. It’s not one way or the other; getting rid of beliefs requires context.

Last note, for me, is my beliefs almost tend to leave me as a feeling or ‘tension’ and in the moment my thoughts have the option to ‘expand’ or ‘contrast.’

It is only later the feeling tells me some belief, with words, in my head.

9 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I'm stating to feel like a big reason I've not seen many externals changes and successes in my life is due to limiting, unconscious, beliefs I've not really released and worked through.  

@Matt23 Congratulations on realizing this. This is a major key in learning to master the game of life.

Is it better to work on one belief at a time

You can. You can also work on many simultaneously. 

(do beliefs even ever completely "go",

In a sense, no. You actually contain all belief's, but some are active and others are not. 

What's worked for you?

Select an area of your life you would like to change. Write out your ideal version of it. Notice what opposing thoughts and beliefs start to come up. Write down the opposing thoughts. Then for each opposing thought, write the opposite. I have had a lot of success using I am statements. In the beginning you won't believe some of them. It doesn't matter. Keep saying them and over time they will start to feel true. When your new belief's become dominant over the old ones, you will see the reflection of it in your life. 

Take psychedelics and realize that all of reality and yourself are just thoughts and you can change them in any moment.

After that, you can consciously tap into any better "Belief" that you want using the typical Affirmations exercises, Praying, etc.. 

Edited by Alex_R

it is always best to focus on 1 belief at a time . once u know how to change 1 belief, thenu can change multiple belief at a time.but that is intermediate or advanced level

I think it's also important to take trauma into account. 

Perhaps some of your limiting beliefs are resultant of trauma you have experienced in your life. 

I'll give you an example: 

"I am not worthy"

You may have such a limiting belief due to a parent that was hard on you. 

And in that case, you would need to go back to that time, have the memory/experience present again, and ask the divine to release that for you. 

In this case you may have experienced the feeling of unworthiness which then developed into the limiting belief "I am not worthy".

That was just an example, but traumas can lead to limiting beliefs like this.

I had tons, worked with a body code/emotion code practitioner (revolutionary technique), and had a bunch of this stuff released for me. 

The thing is, like you said, a lot of this stuff may be unconscious so how could you consciously know which beliefs are there and which are not ? 

The body code/emotion code goes straight to the point, it's actually a divine process, but basically the practitioner would be able to know exactly what needs to be released for you. 

I suggest that otherwise you may waste a lot of time and not get to the meat of what really needs to be tackled for you. 

If you want to learn a little more, there's a book called "The Emotion Code" by Dr. Bradley Nelson. 

What that man developed completely changed my life. I had massive stage fright, tremors in my body, severe stomach issues for years, anxiety, social anxiety, intolerance to toxins, all healed (tremors about halfway there but the root cause was eliminated), in a matter of weeks. 

Totally flipped my life around, healing trauma is essential and I had loads of it.