Sharpadox

What Does True Success And Contribution In Life Mean?

5 posts in this topic

Hello ^_^ , I decided to post this topic in the "Life purpose discussion", I hope that here is it's place. I would like to ask you lovely people what do you think true success to be, im speaking from the idea that contribution is the purpose of life. I'll give you my idea and ask if you believe them to be true? So, Leo said (if I am correct), that our purpose in life is to increase the quality of consciousness, why is that, is it because that is what causes the most change and contribution to others and the world and if that is true, then I suppose that the reason why being a sage is the most successful (contributing) job is because it massively increases the quality of peoples lives and therefore affects and contributes massively to society, life and the universe. This is why I see the entertainment industry as not very meaningful, I don't think that it very often increases people's consciousness? What do you think ? :) Thank you for your time. I wish you a happy day.

Edited by Leo Gura
Shortened the title, as it was overly long.

for me, it's about finding a way to help spreading the dharma

unborn Truth

You can spread awareness in millions of ways.

Just find the one thing you love to do for the sake of doing it, but don't force yourself to think you have to spread awareness in a conventional way (classic sage/guru/zen master/popular spiritual teacher and so on).

Simple exemple, you could be a very famous runner, and spread awareness by explaining how and why you love to be at the top of your game to your fan-base/media/social circle (meditation/mindfulness/spiritual work etc...).

Using the money you make (and if you're world class, you'll have a lot of it) to help raising consciousness/build a more conscious/peaceful world.

You could reach even more people than, for example, Eckart Tolle.

If you are that good, that godly-driven about that one thing, why couldn't you, what could stop you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Increasing the quality of your consciousness is a very general prime directive of life, which is independent of one's career. You might say it the point of your incarnation.

I like to make a distinction between this prime directive and career life purpose. You can grow your consciousness in any circumstance, in any career.

Becoming a sage is by no means everyone's path. It's not something you should or must do, it's a vision I threw out there for ya, if you are so inclined.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

becoming a sage is not the same as finding sageliness in life. the sage is the person who maximizes their consiousness. but not everyone will be a sage, because we are not born a sage- and so it is natural that the majority of us are not even sagely - and such structure only binds us in various ways to the life. those who have not reached a point where seeking the sage's life is realistic, still will want to be sagely - even without being the sage's path. 

i dunno what I am saying lol - the idea in my head tho is that, there will always be a way to reconcile your current life and your personal identity with the pursuit of mindfulness and sageliness - or rather, not your identity. I affectionally compared it to a dancer. the dancer's movements are what we see - but there is more to the dance than just the movements themselves. in this way, the circumstances of our lives are like the motions of the dance - and mindfulness is how we make our dance have more power than the amateur who is just copying the skilled dancer's successful moves. 

in this way, we can see how - letting go of identity is not the same as denying it. the skilled dancer does not sit still and expect us to see the power of her dance. she dances, and shows the grace naturally through her skill. so our "dance" of our life is irrelevant to our "sageliness" of our life - whichever path we take, we can reconcile it with our pursuit of self actualization - but of course, pursuing self actualization may show us that the path we are on needs changing. 

ps. hm, I do not think my meaning was transferred through these words super great, so I hope that it helps inspire your own thoughts to any extent. 

Edited by aryberry