Bernardo Carleial

Spiral Dynamics for Kids

11 posts in this topic

Since they are both at around blue it's basically the same as bible study right? To them, it's just dogma. Although still beneficial as long as they develop the nuance later. 

4 hours ago, Unio said:

Since they are both at around blue it's basically the same as bible study right? To them, it's just dogma. Although still beneficial as long as they develop the nuance later. 

yes and yes

It's like history class, we start learning that stuff since we were kids, by social pressure,  but if we are willing to study this subject later on as adults,  we have a much more integral and nuanced understanding of what was going on at those historical times...

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Personally I don't see the value in teaching such high-level concepts to kids that young. They could just as easily be talking about scientology. Just let them be kids.

I don't even find it cute. The way it's so scripted by an adult makes it kinda sad. How can we know if they enjoyed making this video or if they were coerced/bribed? Same vibe I get from videos of kids explaining economics and other stuff above their pay grade.

Edited by Yarco

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

Personally I don't see the value in teaching such high-level concepts to kids that young. They could just as easily be talking about scientology. Just let them be kids.

I don't even find it cute. The way it's so scripted by an adult makes it kinda sad. How can we know if they enjoyed making this video or if they were coerced/bribed? Same vibe I get from videos of kids explaining economics and other stuff above their pay grade.

What do you think we should be teaching kids? If anything at all?

Edited by Unio

Children are way too immature to be taught such content, they'll end up distorting it. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

The only sensible way to apply Spiral Dynamics integral to children is to give them a habitat to fully express which every value code for which they are at.

A child must know what it is like to be part of a tribe, then they will want to break free from that tribe and act for themselves, let them. Then teach them discipline, so on so forth.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

22 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Children are way too immature to be taught such content, they'll end up distorting it. 

Children are very immature on many subjects that they end up learning,  like math and science for example...

However,  I agree that the way this content is presented today may not be suitable for kids...

The reason why this content is not being adapted for children is not necessarily because it's difficult or complicated, but because our vMEME Orange culture doesn't perceive that as being a valuable skill in our society. 

22 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The only sensible way to apply Spiral Dynamics integral to children is to give them a habitat to fully express which every value code for which they are at.

A child must know what it is like to be part of a tribe, then they will want to break free from that tribe and act for themselves, let them. Then teach them discipline, so on so forth.

and I totally agree with you on that.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

That much cuteness should really come with a warning, I think I've just grown a uterus :$

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan