Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
integration journey

When does self-inquiry end ?

6 posts in this topic

If you become aware of your nature after doing some of this work for a couple of years, do you keep doing self inquiry? 

for example, when I ask "what am I?", I know that I'm nothingness because I had this reference experience. I also have feelings/ direct experience of nirvana/bliss on a daily bases just being by myself in meditation    

Do I keep doing self-inquiry?

When I ask that question of what am I , God is also an answer but I just hope it is not coming from a belief. 

Thanks 

Edited by integration journey
correction

Look for the I (your self) who is aware of whatever appears. Hold it. If you catch it, who caught it? find the I who is aware with such intensity that the I cannot connect with objects. Revealing effortlessness and spaciousness. You fall out of that state. Go back. Inquire into who it is that goes in and out of it.

Edited by The0Self

Some signs that the ego/I-thought is gone: No resistance, effortless inner silence, you see and feel that everything is the Self, no more seeking and you feel a great freedom and happiness.

10 hours ago, integration journey said:

If you become aware of your nature after doing some of this work for a couple of years, do you keep doing self inquiry? 

for example, when I ask "what am I?", I know that I'm nothingness because I had this reference experience. I also have feelings/ direct experience of nirvana/bliss on a daily bases just being by myself in meditation    

When I ask that question of what am I , God is also an answer but I just hope it is not coming from a belief. 

Thanks 

You don't need to do self inquiry anymore once you have awakened to the facet of no self.  But you will know when you have this awakening so you won't have to ask.  If you are asking should I keep going then you should probably keep going.  You may know conceptually that the entity behind the eyes you think you are is illusory but you need to know it at the level of Being..which will be your death. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 hours ago, integration journey said:

Thanks 

When the seeker realizes that seeker is an illusion itself.

14 hours ago, integration journey said:

for example, when I ask "what am I?", I know

Self Inquiry

“Focus on the feeling of being "me," to the exclusion of all arising thoughts.”

Not to imply any of these meditations below are needed or necessary. If it’s insightful, consider the rhyme & reason these meditations are listed in the order they are.

Specifically, awareness of thoughts, equanimity, emotional awareness, and forgiveness & using the tools… the emotional scale and expressive journaling.

And then having an inner smile, lovingkindness and seeing yourself with love & the contemplations. 

And then concentration / single pointedness & improv writing & streaming. 

And then do nothing. 

And then self inquiry. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE