ChrisZoZo

What is the best definition of being enlightened you have come across?

63 posts in this topic

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Enlightenment simply where you already are as always been, never moved nor began.

@Khan 0 Is that Enlightenment or being enlightened? Its a a fantastic definition but in my opinion its like you are describing that is feels like to be enlightened as opposed describing a person being enlightened.

For example I would define it as "operating from the place of the self" 

Edited by ChrisZoZo

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

24 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Is that Enlightenment or being enlightened? Its a a fantastic definition but in my opinion its like you are describing that is feels like to be enlightened as opposed describing a person being enlightened.

you (ego or self) can not be enlightened, when you (ego or self) drops enlightenment happens. But You are always what You are, so called thought process makes the creation or duality not even. Person can not be enlightened when person dies or drops enlightenment happens. 

24 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

For example I would define it as "operating from the place of the self" 

Enlightenment is operating from now. Just now. No past no future, just now, the moment. All the moment is identical if you don’t  attached with the thoughts, including word of the “thought”.

Edited by Khan 0

@Khan 0 Ah great response but that's why I asked for the definition of "being enlightened" because...

25 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Enlightenment is operating from now

Is not making a distinction between being enlightened and not being enlightened. As it's imposable to not act from the now. 

Also 

25 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

you (ego or self) can not be enlightened, when you (ego or self) drops enlightenment happens.

Is true but for the description of being enlightened which I am looking for has to not work in absolute terms but rather relative terms. The difference between a person being enlightened vs someone not enlightened this distinction does exist.

Edited by ChrisZoZo

From wikipedia: the "blowing out" (Nirvana) of disturbing emotions and desires and the subsequent freedom or release (vimutti); and the attainment of Buddhahood.

So when neo-advaita people tells others that they are enlightened because they no longer believe that they are a separate self, then it creates confusion because most people probably have the Buddhist's definition in mind.

I saw a cartoon drawing of some waves in the ocean, and a little wave had a speech bubble complaining he was smaller than all the other waves. Then the bigger wave had a speech bubble explaining something to the little one, and then the little one was like "oh right, I'm the ocean!"

I thought that was great.

@RMQualtrough Good as a description of realizing what you are but I have had that on psychedelics and I certainly ain't enlightened.  

9 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Is not making a distinction between being enlightened and not being enlightened. As it's imposable to not act from the now. 

When you do not attach with the thoughts, being enlightened and not being enlightened is identical, and thats enlightenment.

11 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:
33 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Is true but for the description of being enlightened which I am looking for has to not work in absolute terms but rather relative terms. The difference between a person being enlightened vs someone not enlightened this distinction does exist.

Distinction is exist because of “you” “think”. If you dont think there will be nor you nor thinking. And that’s enlightenment. Actually thinking is the biggest illusion, there is no such a thing as thinking. Thats why many teacher says you are already enlightened because you are already what you are. Just thoughts makes you so called go and come back. 

There is story of zen master and his student.

The master asks the student can you bring a glass of water to me? And student goes to river to get a water and he met with a girl than get married and have 2 kids. Earthquake happens than that student losses his wife and kids, and he goes back to his teacher and tell him what happened to him and his family. 

And teacher tells the student, these are just all thoughts, i just asked you can you bring a glass of water to me?

@Khan 0 is the universe made up of thoughts? I don't think so. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, ChrisZoZo said:

What appears as ‘definitions’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Khan 0 is the universe made up of thoughts? I don't think so. 

Learning or thoughts creates you, duality or universe. When you are in so called sleep, where is the so called universe, you (ego) or before birth?

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:
1 hour ago, ChrisZoZo said:

@Nahm the serious answer is the most hilarious xD funny guy

5 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

Learning or thoughts creates you, duality or universe. When you are in so called sleep, where is the so called universe, you (ego) or before birth?

It dissappear in sleep. But what about the waking state..? Are you denying the universe that we all can see and feel? 

Also how exactly is thoughts creates reality?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Are you asking?

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It dissappear in sleep. But what about the waking state..? Are you denying the universe that we all can see and feel? 

Also how exactly is thoughts creates reality?

I am just saying sleeping is identical with waking state if you do not attach with thinking, and thats what being is, which is your eternal form. Only thinking makes the so called separation, and if you do not think or know there is no such a thing as thinking or not thinking, realization happens that now is the source. Whatever you do is identical because, nothing is happening, as deep sleep or before birth. Thats why it is called “awakening “ or “enlightenment “. 

@Khan 0 Khan I get your points but you need to see I am talking about a relative thing not the absolute. Can you agree there is a distinction between a person commonly agree to be enlightened vs someone who is not. If so what is the definition of that active differences ("being") between these people which does exist in this reality (which is relative)

1 minute ago, ChrisZoZo said:
17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Are you asking?

@Nahm funny non-duality answer pretty please

@softlyblossoming I genuinely don't understand what he was saying.

2 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

@Khan 0 Khan I get your points but you need to see I am talking about a relative thing not the absolute. Can you agree there is a distinction between a person commonly agree to be enlightened vs someone who is not. If so what is the definition of that active differences ("being") between these people which does exist in this reality (which is relative)

Yea i got. The distinction is between you operate as a person, enlightened one operate as nothing (eternal form. Nothing to lose or gain, free from suffering.