Fleetinglife

Does war in human societies also serve function of being a cleansing agent of bad ?

28 posts in this topic

It’s a slightly cringy quote from a cartoon but it resonated with me a lot:

”When we are at our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change”

War is in a lot of cases a good example of this

I see.  I have a hard time to deicede how I should approach the culture war ( Iam a progressive)….. not debate thats clear, but what to do when fasiscts are knocking on your door. 

Without war, humans would have never developed strong states. 

War forced states to reduce emphasis on nepotism. The King might like his cousin, but if putting less competent cousin in charge of important armies means the armies get smashed and the enemy takes his kingdom that's a big incentive to change. Happened in China which used a test process to appoint officials. 

Edited by DieFree

War is good because it makes you appreciate the peace that you had. Basically! :D:D:D

About WW2 - that's where we got the desire for World Peace. Cuz in the Holocaust, we saw the ugliness of industrial warfare. 

On 2022. 01. 22. at 4:51 AM, Fleetinglife said:

Does war, apart from the it's seeming randomness, unpredictability and collaterality in it's destruction and destructive tendencies, also serve as a check on ridding the obstacles to the progress of humans and societies by rooting out and showing the consequences of, by standards of a current social development, no longer sustainable views and ideas about the functioning and foundations of a human society, as in the sense of dispelling all seeming contradictions, illusions and dellusions within societies and showing them the actual state of things as they are and as they were before developing to this moment without being changed or intervened upon?

Not necessarily. If there is a conflict between a peaceful vs a militarily equipped more agressive and hostile society, in that case the probability that the hostile one will win is almost 100%, would you call that the " cleansing agent of bad" or would you call that progress?

I don't see how war is a necessity for progress or development. I think, that the positive effects a war can create could be achieved otherwise, because those effects are not exclusive to war only .

@Bojan V

On 11/02/2022 at 8:10 PM, Bojan V said:

@Fleetinglife Thank you for your kind reply.

But no apology is needed. 

I am half Slovenian/ half Croat and i should also apologize for the croatian persecution of almost 200 000 Serbs at that time, which was such a terrible tragedy!

Non of this is our fault, my brother.

All is well between us??.

Peace?

Of course it is and always from me, my friend and brother from another mother, as they say, ??, I have some distant relatives and friends from my grandmother's brother's side in Slovenia as well, but unfortunately I can't guarantee that from my Russophilic fascist collaborationist state with the current Russian imperialist war, the autocratic criminal clique that runs it and the people here they've managed to put a leash on and thus enslave economically, culturally, socially and hence physically and psychically have control over them and effectively brainwash and dellude them into authoritarian neurotic-spiteful, revanchistic and irredentistic hatreds and grudges with their stoking of internal political of "Us and Them" divisions and outward ethno-racial hatreds, falsehoods and stereotypes directed as projection of their own internalized hate, prevented and hindered unrealized frustrations and self-loathing onto other people's and nations in the Balkan region and heavily distorted, biased and false narratives that enforce them and uphold them as the main cultural hegemonic state ideology. 

Hope you and your family and loved ones are also fine and doing okay. 

Sorry, for seeing this just now and responding and answering so late, as they say better late then never?, to your kind and warmhearted plea, promise and oath, and once again of course, always from me, my friend and brother, to all your aforementioned questions to me personally ??. 

I just remember to nostalgically check up again my writing in this old forum post of mine, in the context of this ongoing war in Ukraine and it's possible wider geopolitical repercussions and consequences for the hopefully not so near future. 

Stay safe brother in these tumultous and turbulent times and I wish you and your whole family and loved ones the most happiness and all the best, may we continiously move on and struggle to live in more happier, secure, peaceful and better times and world ??

Cheers and until I might someday return more regularly again to this forum and catch you again here to communicate and share stuff with you here again and until that happens someday again or that day comes again I sincerely wish you and your loved ones all the best and brightest in life from here ?❤️?

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

War is part of the great balance of the universe. Until we become Gods, and God-like in goodness, we will always need war. But war doesn't need to mean WW1 style trench warfare or nuclear bombs. We can also do social war and that works too.