Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Anyone know successful full time yoga or meditation coaches?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, does anyone know someone teaching yoga or meditation or something similar in person or online that does this full time?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

i don't know about successful but it seems they make a decent living

never gone to yoga class myself

@Thought Art if you say successful, do you mean in how good they are in what they are doing or do you mean earning a lot of money? 

i don’t think you can make extraordinary much money with it except maybe with a yoga school (yoga you can’t have an excessive amount of classes during one week because you have to do it alongside the class) so you would probably need to find a method to compensate if you want to make more than what you‘d get in the possible amount of time. also meditation is also very hard to do for day in and day out. you need to gather a crazy amount of concentration and focus. 

the people i met who were really good all trained for years in different locations. with top notch teachers (no mainstream).

Edited by mememe

I teach yoga in person part time. I aspire to do it full time. Nothing fulfills me more than teaching yoga and meditation.

It seems most yoga teachers can barely pay the Bills, whilst a handful are doing very well financially. I'm not gunna try open a studio anytime soon because I have friends with empty studios because they don't have the reputation and marketing value to attract enough clients. In my experience, the best yoga teachers are first and foremost hardcore practitioners, teaching merely serves as an extension artform to their serious practice, and the students experience this. It can't be faked. I plan to teach in various locations around the city and maybe even online for a few years while I keep practicing, reading, listening, contemplating and Self actualizing. Grow my Self, the practice and teaching artform, expand the network, and build reputation and word of mouth, and then from there, maybe open a studio and teaching offline and online classes and courses...

On 1/25/2022 at 6:05 AM, Thought Art said:

I think he means don't let money be the reason you pursue it. You will be corrupted by greed and you won't be an authentic teacher.

Teach because you feel in harmony teaching others, and you have a genuine love and desire to share with others.

Money will come as byproduct of that.