Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

Cannot seem to find my zone of genius

6 posts in this topic

I have been doing Leo's LP course but cannot seem to find my zone of genius. I have tried multiple times, but when you really lack sufficient life experience & escaped most of your life by playing computer games it becomes very challenging to answer the questions. I used computer games as a way to escape from reality, I tried several visualisations & could not pinpoint anything that I was passionate about or good at in my past. If I could pinpoint something, it would be really incongruent with my impact statement. I know what I want to do.

The thing is, I have everything else but the zone of genius is just missing. 

Same answer I gave on your post about finding your passion.

Start with what you know - computer games.

Computer games are how you interact, understand, and experience the world. It's a bit of a crutch, but at least it's a starting point.

Your life purpose can come from unexpected places. For me, commenting online is something that doesn't feel like work, I don't get bored of it, I'd probably even pay to do it. When I thought deeply about why I comment online... to help people, to give advice or insight... suddenly a pretty mundane time-wasting thing like commenting on Reddit or Youtube becomes actually a noble purpose. Which led me to writing being my zone of genius. I can channel that energy and enjoyment I get from commenting into writing blogs, articles, books to help people that can be monetized and reach a wider audience.

Try to branch out from playing computer games and see what feels right. Do you want to livestream yourself playing games and entertain people? Do you want to create your own games as a form of expression? Do you want to review games to help people save time and money?

If you want to share your top values / signature strengths / high-consciousness virtue / etc I can try to suggest some ways of bringing it all together.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

I'd probably even pay to do it

Yes that's usually a very good clue/starting point :) .. 

Look up Charles Bukowski or something he was pursuing something that he would do even if he had to pay to do it.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

You are most likely over-thinking it.

Follow what’s in your heart and don’t question it based on if it’s realistic or not.

Often trying to be realistic is an ego-ic defense mechanism to prevent us from really going after what we want .. often because we have denied our true calling out of staying comfortable and secure.

playing computer games is an inner child craving.

become more aware of it and it will guide you to your purpose. give it more legitimacy and space.

leo's descipline courses won't help here

Edited by Windappreciator

@Illusory Self

On 1/14/2022 at 1:03 PM, Illusory Self said:

I have been doing Leo's LP course but cannot seem to find my zone of genius. I have tried multiple times, but when you really lack sufficient life experience & escaped most of your life by playing computer games it becomes very challenging to answer the questions. I used computer games as a way to escape from reality, I tried several visualisations & could not pinpoint anything that I was passionate about or good at in my past. If I could pinpoint something, it would be really incongruent with my impact statement. I know what I want to do.

The thing is, I have everything else but the zone of genius is just missing. 

From my limited knowledge about zone of genius, I think it ties very closely to what is your uniqueness, who you are identified as a self image, and what actions/activities/field of interest comes easily to you, as if it's a natural trait of your being. It's also tied to your zone of excellence too.

My zone of genius happens to correlate strongly with chess, drawing using other mediums like pencil, and video games and reading books and fanfiction. That's a specific list of fields of interest to me, and actions and objects. I then go further with the visualization and try to find the qualities and values I'm fulfilling behind those specific things. For example, with chess, I like to think forward and figure out a serious of moves before actually taking action on them, with drawing I like to construct mental spaces and locations and plant objects in it, in perspective. and video games I like for the fun, and I like reading stories because I get to see their world, and seeing how characters interact in their environment and with other characters in 2d/3d spaces. If I want to pinpoint and hone in on my specific zone of genius, I look at those three values and see what do they have in common? Chess and video games have in common, training my mind's ability to see in 3d and visualization. With Chess and drawing, I exercise how long I can hold each images of pieces and the board. I keep going, find the common value and skill development that each activity/action/field of interest is providing value and improving a skill, and that is very close to zone of genius.

If you asked me what I find so easy to me, it's thinking in 3d, and constructing stories and generating interesting ideas.