Denys

Is Integral postmetaphysic by Ken Wilber an epistemology?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, hi @Leo Gura.

Ken Willber in his book Integral spirituality suggests a new concept called Integral postmetaphysic. He claims that it helps to get rid of ontology and epistemology (and not needed baggage of metaphysic). 

But can this concept be itself considered as another epistemology? After all, isn't it a new way of getting knowledge? 

You cannot escape epistemology nor metaphysics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How exactly does it work?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

How exactly does it work?

Well basically it says that instead of thinking that there are something that just exists and we may discover it (yet interpret in many ways), we should consider that there are nothing but perspectives. That means in order to get something we should take a specific perspective and look at specific "realm" then, we'll "summon" a looked phenomena. 

I'm probably using not authentic terms as I was reading in not in English language and need to translate. 

So Willber says that ontology is substituted with perspectives and epistemology is substituted with prescriptions (steps one should take to see a phenomena). 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You cannot escape epistemology nor metaphysics.

So you actually saying Ken is wrong in this case? And if yes, then why?

I think you might use the word "metaphysics" in a different meaning, though. 

Edited by Denys

I'm just reading Religion of Tomorrow... 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, UnbornTao said:

Ken is really stuck in intellect.

Ya.  And in repeating himself over and over and over again.  It's like he's trying to smash some, to be honest, fairly simple concepts into your skull (not without some strategically placed self-advertising of Integral theory throughout).  Concepts which he could explain in a book 1/4 of what Religion of Tomorrow is.

It's like "ya, we get it.  There's states and stages, which you can transcend and include.  And you can get hung up on each one by either rejecting it or being too attached to it."  Bam... integral in a nutshell.  

... sorry for the tangent off topic. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins