Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

Is it worth visiting Austin rn?

13 posts in this topic

I want to visit to Austin to see if I want to move there.

a big reason I want to go is to build a dating life.

i want to be able to check out clubs. Idk if they will be dead bc of Omicron tho. 

Should I just go, I can’t wait forever.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

It's worthwhile just to get a feel for the area. Gives you some good reference experience for picking out a future place. 

I doubt most people who are going clubbing care about Omicron. It might decrease some percentage, but it will give you a good idea of what is there. 

Texas has fewer mask mandates and wearing than Vegas. Austin nightlife is best Thurs-Sat. It's pretty slow the rest of the week. Things are usually slower everywhere during the winter cold.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

@Leo Gura still thinking of moving there?

I am happy where I am for now.

I'm in Austin. Just like the man said--great Thurs-Sat. Summer is amazing.

Young adults actually voted Austin the best U.S. city for dating and I agree. Hmu if you come.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

50 minutes ago, NatureB said:

I'm in Austin. Just like the man said--great Thurs-Sat. Summer is amazing.

How is Austin nightlife in the winter months? I have never been.

What percentage of summer volume would you say it is? Like 80% or more like 50% of the summer volume?

I have always wondered this but never got the chance to confirm it.

No offense to anyone living in Texas, but I don't think I would ever want to live there.

It's still controlled greatly by authoritarian regressive Republicans. The state might end up getting so conservative to the point of going back to the old days where women don't even have voting rights.

Women in Texas have already lost the right to have an abortion there. They may eventually lose the right to be sexually liberated or meet any guys they want. 

@Leo Gura I'd say last night was 50-60% of Summer, but it's hard to guage. And 50-60% is still good enough to get laid. More than enough really. 

Even Vegas slows down in Winter, and with all the covid regulations it's basically untenable. Or at least it was when I was still living there 9 months ago.

Austin is at level 5 for covid precautions and still 80% of people are maskless. Dating here doesn't fuckin' quit.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

4 hours ago, NatureB said:

I'd say last night was 50-60% of Summer

I see. Thanks!

6 hours ago, NatureB said:

@Leo Gura I'd say last night was 50-60% of Summer, but it's hard to guage. And 50-60% is still good enough to get laid. More than enough really. 

Even Vegas slows down in Winter, and with all the covid regulations it's basically untenable. Or at least it was when I was still living there 9 months ago.

Austin is at level 5 for covid precautions and still 80% of people are maskless. Dating here doesn't fuckin' quit.

There’s a strong chance that the summer volume will one day go down to being less than 10% because of how increasingly authoritarian Texas has gotten and the skyrocketing number of dangerous gun owners and barbarians within the entire state. 

Edited by Hardkill