Mafortu

Question regarding Psilocybin tolerance

6 posts in this topic

Apologies, normally I would ask this on reddit, but the site is having troubles right now and who knows when it will be back.

I took a small quantity 2 days ago and barely felt anything, I should have known better to take more quantity because I have a high base-tolerance to psychedelics.

I have a day off today and I am wondering if I could take a larger dose today without issues, I know Psilocybin builds tolerance and that I should wait at least a week, but considering my last dose was small and barely produced a feeling maybe its okay If I dont have to wait.

If you barely felt anything to begin with, then your tolerance did not grow substantially at all . 2 days is def. enough time to baseline ,even if u ud taken enough for a mild trip..Ok maybe 3 days in that case 

Edited by pfletcha

Even small amounts will raise tolerance but if you didn’t feel anything then you could probably get full effects whenever. But since you felt something, I’d definitely wait 7-10+ days IF you’re wanting strong effects. Mushroom tolerance doesn’t seem to be quite as bad as LSD, as for that it’s best to wait 12-14 days.

I agree with @The0Self, wait 7 days and take a larger dose, you'll have an amazing trip! I have read no scientific literature that would support tolerance being dose-dependent.

Tolerance is always built based on the taken dose, so if you've taken say 0,5g you have tolerance for 0,5g (whatever amount of psilocybin that would be for your mushrooms), etc. I would wait for a few more days if you want to trip.

what is the equivalent of 0.5g mushrooms (approximately) in truffles?