CuriousityIsKey

If Life/TheDream would had No Suffering would The Buddha still want to wake up?

46 posts in this topic

It is a known fact that Buddha taught how to wake up from Life/Dream, because Life is suffering, and thus to get rid of suffering one has to extinguish the flame of life, by becoming disattached to life.

However, if Life was not suffering, would Buddha still want/teach how to wake up from life?

Nothing happens absent suffering.  'Suffering' and it's counterpart 'Desire' are why anything happens.   

'Suffering' and 'Desire' are the same thing, the way 'heads' and 'tails' are both different ways of seeing 'the coin'.   In order to 'get rid of suffering', one must 'desire to get rid of suffering', you see? You must be 'suffering from suffering if you desire to not suffer'.    What do we 'desire'? We desire not to suffer. What is suffering? Well, it's that which we do not desire. 

Suffering is just 'existing in a way that is undesirable'.  

If a ball is at the top of an incline, we might say, the ball 'desires' to be at the bottom.. we could say that the ball is 'suffering' the forces of gravity.. it's existing in a state that is not 'preferred'.. the ball is up, it prefers (because of gravity) to be down.  

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

So if you become indifferent to wheter you suffer or not you cease to suffer?

But you still stuck to being in a human body? 

Edited by CuriousityIsKey

The question is, why do we have consiousness in the first place? These homo spaien bodies could have survived without our consiousness being attached to them.

@CuriousityIsKey "There will always be suffering. But we must not suffer over the suffering." - Alan Watts

1 minute ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

The question is, why do we have consiousness in the first place? These homo spaien bodies could have survived without our consiousness being attached to them.

This seems like asking, 'why do we have elbows?' or 'why do we poop?' or 'why is it cold out sometimes?'  

The problem as I see it is that one expirences reality though a limited form, but one doesn't even have control over this form, meaning, ageing, potential illness, constant need to keep feeding the form etc. and even then the form deteriorates and dies.

But why do people assume that one can exist only trhough a limited form?

If one became everything, would one still be a Being?

30 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

It is a known fact that Buddha taught how to wake up from Life/Dream, because Life is suffering, and thus to get rid of suffering one has to extinguish the flame of life, by becoming disattached to life.

However, if Life was not suffering, would Buddha still want/teach how to wake up from life?

Life is suffering. If there is no suffering there will be no such a thing as life. 

@CuriousityIsKey see.. the thing is, One already is everything, having the perspective that it isn't... so One never really 'becomes' everything.. it just sometimes realizes it IS everything.  

Being you is all you ever do, no matter how 'you' is defined. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

Suffering is simply to be separated from God / infinity.

Humans spend their lives trying to reclaim that sense of absolute completeness and oneness with God, because the memory of what we truly are is buried deep within us. Believing ourselves to be discreet individual entities, we do this in finite ways which will always fall short.

We kid ourselves we'd be 100% happy if we only had the latest iphone, that job we applied for, or if that new cancer treatment "cures" us of terminal disease. While we are human, this playing with finitude keeps us yearning for more, more, more. This is suffering. 

The only way to satiate this desire completely and finally is to become everything, or rather, to remember that you are everything experientially. This is enlightenment.

It is not possible to embody this realisation for any length of time without dying as a human, or without the dream of your human life ending (which is the same thing).

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

40 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Suffering comes from taking life as anything other than God’s dream. The Buddha realized his entire existence was something God was dreaming. Even further, he realized that his true nature was that of the dreamer .. God itself. This brought with it the end of suffering.

Every Being in the Universe, including yourself, can realize the same through awakening. The Buddha did it, as well as other mystics throughout history (Jesus, Mohammed, etc.)

Just dying won't cut it because one would reincarnate into a physical form again, is that what Buddha believed?

1 minute ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Just dying won't cut it because one would reincarnate into a physical form again, is that what Buddha believed?

The Buddha saw through the illusion of death, Life is eternal.

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Suffering comes from taking life as anything other than God’s dream. The Buddha realized his entire existence was something God was dreaming. Even further, he realized that his true nature was that of the dreamer .. God itself. This brought with it the end of suffering.

Every Being in the Universe, including yourself, can realize the same through awakening. The Buddha did it, as well as other mystics throughout history (Jesus, Mohammed, etc.)

So if I am God dreaming the dream, if I became lucid I could will the dream and change on the fly to whatever I desire? Like in lucid draam for example, no?

Alspe, then, is the fastest way to permanently meet God is for the home sapien body to die? But why exactly this is the only way?

2 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

You never born in first place realization of that is nirvana. Did you have any idea what was reincarnation before this so called life? 

@CuriousityIsKey dying won't cut it for the same reason you don't disappear if you die in a dream.. There was no 'dream you' who 'dies'.. or 'wakes up'.. 

4 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The Buddha saw through the illusion of death, Life is eternal.

Man, idk if you read what Buddha allegedly told in his teachings, he told to become dissattached to life and to existinguish existence.

Buddha didn't celebrate life, because he thaught life to be suffering.

Edited by CuriousityIsKey

3 minutes ago, Khan 0 said:

You never born in first place realization of that is nirvana. Did you have any idea what was reincarnation before this so called life? 

So I am doomed, to be this human, experiencing it grow older, sicker, etc.?

Damn.

It doesn't matter what the Buddha said. 

Is life suffering for you? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Buddha didn't celebrate life, because of him life was suffering.

You need to read between the lines.

Right now you take life as something that’s real, and that is an experience happening in your brain as a human.

Waking up entails changing your perception of what life actually is. Which is your imagination, including your physical body, it’s identity and biography that is couched in space, time and materialism. None of it is real :D