kieranperez

VIDEO: Hunter Gatherers Answer Philosophical Questions

9 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura you’d dig this

There is no better pursuit in life than the pursuit of some juicy ass bush pigs ;) 

Edited by kieranperez

Would this be stage beige or stage purple? they seem to have no spiritual/animistic interpretations of the world and are completely occupied with basics of survival?

Weirdly clean cuts and shaved faces

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

11 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

Would this be stage beige or stage purple

Spiral Dynamics Values Stage Purple

completely occupied with basics of survival

As are plenty of others at higher stages. Infants are examples of beige.

they seem to have no spiritual/animistic interpretations of the world

Yeah, hallelujah, no belief system ? they don’t need one. A person at Orange doesn’t need to be obsessed with money and success or be an atheist or whatever to be at Orange. We also tend to exaggerate what actual “animistic” interpretations really are in practice. For example, say you go down to an Amazon tribe and one tribesman approaches you seeing you smoke a cigarette and then perceives that as you literally breathing fire and then tells his whole tribe in his much more primitive form of communication and points at you screaming how you can breathe fire.  Meanwhile you’re standing there bewildered like “uhhhhh… what?…”That’s an example of animistic interpretations. 

Edited by kieranperez

10 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

Would this be stage beige or stage purple? they seem to have no spiritual/animistic interpretations of the world and are completely occupied with basics of survival?

seems like beige/purple integration phase to me...they are still having their "own group "thing right?  group identification is a part of purple ig.

just pure survival. same thing what we do in an another level. 

@kieranperez some goddamn wisdom isn't it?  thanks for sharing!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

1 minute ago, happyhappy said:

some goddamn wisdom isn't it?

Interesting thing to me is seeing people like that where distinctions like wisdom, meaning, and all this other stuff doesn’t even exist. Those were all made invented structures of mind that are not inherent at all and were created after the fact. In the same way enlightenment is actually a developmental realization that only occurs from a first person perspective onwards as there was no need nor possibility of such realization. 

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

Weirdly clean cuts and shaved faces

Shaving has been around for at least 100,000 years. 

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Interesting thing to me is seeing people like that where distinctions like wisdom, meaning, and all this other stuff doesn’t even exist. Those were all made invented structures of mind that are not inherent at all and were created after the fact. In the same way enlightenment is actually a developmental realization that only occurs from a first person perspective onwards as there was no need nor possibility of such realization. 

yup! these days I've been reading through Sapiens by Harari and that was truly an insightful vid!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

49 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Shaving has been around for at least 100,000 years. 

What?!?? What do they use for shaving? Obsidian?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"