Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
axiom

Love of "others"

5 posts in this topic

i had a small epiphany the other day relating to romantic love:

The recognition that others are you = love. Thus, the extent to which you recognise yourself in "others" is the same thing as your love for them. Think about any time you've ever felt a true love-connection with anyone.

It's literally all self-love. The more awake you are, the more of yourself you will see.

This may seem obvious to some of you, but I think it's worth a thought next time you're pondering your relationship.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

Yup!

The highest Love is just an absence of bias.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I like this line of thinking.

If I was to continue that idea...

When you're trying to love someone, find ways to get in their shoes, understand their history, understand that if you had their history, you would manifest exactly as them. 

It's like digging for ways to see reality in their eyes.

You both like dark souls? You've both experienced through your eyes the gameplay of dark souls.

So I guess then that also means the more you experience in life, the more you can relate to other people.

The more suffering you experience, the more you can relate with other people that have suffered.

That really makes me think about those trip reports where people claim to have lived through the eyes of several lives. NOW THAT would be something to massively grow your love for the universe.

Wouldn't also surrendering to the most horrific trips grow your love for the universe? Like not just DMT, LSD, or Shrooms, but stuff like Salvia...

Just some ruminations off the cuff...

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

21 hours ago, axiom said:

i had a small epiphany the other day relating to romantic love:

The recognition that others are you = love. Thus, the extent to which you recognise yourself in "others" is the same thing as your love for them. Think about any time you've ever felt a true love-connection with anyone.

It's literally all self-love. The more awake you are, the more of yourself you will see.

This may seem obvious to some of you, but I think it's worth a thought next time you're pondering your relationship.

Yes! ?

I would describe it as the less self there is the more universal the love becomes.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup!

The highest Love is just an absence of bias.

???