MHarris

What Do You Think Is The Right Age To Get Married As A Guy?

13 posts in this topic

What is too early? 

What age is too late? 

@MHarris If I have to pick a number I would say around 30. 

But you don't always get to call the shots on that.

What if you don't have a successful relationship until later in your life? What are you supposed to do then settle for less?

Or what if you find someone early in your life that you would want to marry? What are you going to do then? Ruin an otherwise very good relationship?

It's not only your feelings about the matter but the other person as well. 

Why do you want a marriage ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

too early: it's too early if the sincere desire and certainty has not come to you yet. so just don't do it for now.

too late: it's never too late.

unborn Truth

@MHarris there is no right or wrong age. Is about if the man has already reached his higher self or made his dream come true. You can live by a paradigm, but if you marry, you will have to change it, because you need to focus on superficial desires of the wife and to make those ture, to make her superficial happy. Or even worst, YOU will fall into that trap. 

And why would you get married if you are not enlightenment anyway? You will live life with no dream come true. And pls don't tell me that your dream is to get married. That is another superficial desire that the inferior counciness, the inferior you pushes so it can desolve the higher self and let your ego free. 

Choose wisely m8. And remember, the age is just a number. You are the real one who determines how old are you.

Edited by Costa7

Grades don't measure intelligence and age doesn't define maturity.

All you need is love and express love, and all answers will come to you :)

B R E A T H E

Marriage for the church. I cant find anything that that experience adds to the joy of my life.

Marriage for the Law. Well Napoleon was the one who invented that.

Reason: Than he had leverage on the man. So he could force them to go to war.

So marriage for the law is born out of suppression.

Because of that it's also an experience that doesnt add joy to my life.

I don't think it depends on the age, but more the experience, maturity, and knowledge. You should try and experience true abundance mentality, the ability to have a selection of women to choose from and have true confidence that if she leaves or you or crosses you, that you would be completely fine by yourself. Until I personally at least reach that point, I won't get married. I thought I wanted to get married at like age 26, because I thought the world worked a certain way, but it's clear now that it doesn't. I thought I'd just find someone who likes me for who I am, or that finding someone with similar interests would lead to attraction. All of this is nonsense that women and the media have been telling men long, but I've seen how it plays out.

If I get into a lot of relationships to test the waters, and then get myself into a good LTR (long-term relationship) that works out, then marriage might occur. If I have children, though, and they cheat or produce many of Leo's red flags, I'd have to either screw myself over by bending over backwards for the woman and staying in the relationship for the sake of the children, or I'd screw over the children for the sake of myself. I would have to be really aware of the risks, be the best man I can be, and be fortunate for a marriage to work out with how culture is right now. Monogamy itself is a cultural belief, and beneficial when it works out, but marrying just seems like playing Russian roulette. The odds of finding an emotionally mature person without toxic values, who you find attractive, and can maintain attraction with, is going to be extremely low, so I think I'd rather stick to short-term relationships until I really want to settle down. I could maybe look for a woman who's older and more mature to marry to improve the odds of a successful marriage, once I experience enough relationships. Or, I might have children with a surrogate mother and find a way to raise them myself, but it still wouldn't be the same.

The psychological effects of not having a mother and father together way isn't something that most parents are mature enough to understand. They'd rather divorce, because "it's my life" and because they want to live the best life for themselves, thinking their children aren't suffering the lack of positive masculine figures (which are absent in Western society). Most people in the West don't even understand the necessity for a healthy diet, let alone the necessity for a traditional family. Coupling these values with individual tastes for marriage material... it's going to be a lot of work before I settle down.

I'd suggest you check out TheRedPill community and Leo's relationship videos. I'm not sure if Leo has ever mentioned TRP, but it can be utilized alongside self-actualization to have a better understanding of reality and see through the cultural beliefs. Conventional wisdom doesn't teach you enough about relationships. Just like you can't ask your unsuccessful friends how to manage anxiety and find your life purpose, you shouldn't ask them for relationship or marriage advice. Ask other experienced men for advice. This post is going to sound misogynistic, but then so does a lot of what Leo says. He barely mentions women in finding their life purpose, in relationship videos, in leadership or other typical masculine roles. So, I'll say that a woman should also be exploring her options, learning about relationships, asking more experienced and fulfilled women for ways on how to get the best man they can get, to fulfill her sexual and financial needs. It's a top 20% of men get 80% of the women split, so women will have more opportunities to try guys out, so do that by all means and don't settle for a mediocre guy out of social obligation. 

Also, figure out the root cause of Why you want monogamy. There are so many egoic negative beliefs and societal pressures that perpetuate marriage and monogamy. There's fear of cheating, self-doubt, lack of options,  Leo discusses all of these ideas in his videos. This was very important to me. I realized that I didn't have enough male friends with similar interests, so I was narrowing my scope of relationship options to people I could enjoy my hobbies with. Similar interests doesn't  inherently build sexual attraction, though you'd "logically" think it does. It's a catalyst and glue for male relationships.

They tell us guys to "settle down" and "share your wealth with women and children" so that you can enjoy the same sexless and anxious life that has been. I don't even have my career in order and my mom's asking me if I've found someone to marry yet in college, and asking how many children I want to have.

tldr; Don't marry until you experience abundance first. Watch Leo's videos, check TheRedPill. There's also no age minimum or even maximum. Realize that you can be a 45 year-old man with experience, and marry a 20 year-old woman, and people will not really give a fuck. You aren't obligated to marry someone who's 45, has lost their beauty and feminine energy. You definitely just shouldn't settle until you are comfortable being in different relationships, being by yourself, and have achieved an abundance of options. I wrote a lot, and it might sound radical, but I also do a lot of research and I'm confident that Leo would agree with most of what I said here.

I think people are putting too much pressure on marriage. you get married if you want to and if it doesn't work out, you get divorced. no big deal. but try not to have kids in a marriage that you know wont last. It's a lot of responsibility and hard for the kids. 

If you want a marriage that will be based on solid ground, as a man, you need to be able to be strong both mentally and financially and be able to provide for your family. That does not mean she will sit on her ass all day and you will pay for everything, no. but you have to be able to do that, although you don't need to.

Marriage comes with a lot of responsibility, you need to consider the other person while making decisions, be able to stick up for better and for worse, have good communication and have a mature mind set. also choose someone with a mature mindset as well. as a woman, I recommend you stay away from drama queens and people who don't take responsibility for their actions and blame the outcomes on others aka immature people. take into consideration what their life goals are. people change, their ideas change and you have to be able to keep up with it. in other terms, just because you marry someone who has a simple life does not mean she will want to continue living that life 2-3-5 years in a row. 

A last thought, look at the person you want to marry and ask yourself if you want to be with that person at their worst because believe me, those days will come . If you are confident about all of those, then go ahead. The age problem is mostly based on  those stuff I mentioned above.

The perfect age is never.

Marriage is a sick construct of the past that should have never been in the first places. And it has gotten even more rotten in recent years.

Never ever get married.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

It is my opinion that a healthy and functional, authentic relationship is self-sustaining. It doesn't need to 'proven' or labeled or in some way made binding. Those things are the very antithesis of a healthy authentic relationship.

You don't need marriage to have a satisfying and fulfilling relationship with another human. But, if you feel you need it, then no, there is no right or wrong age for it. I would say, however, that there is an appropirate stage of personal growth and maturity for any relationship to be healthy and self-sustaining.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

There is no right age for marriage, only the right person and the right reasons. 

Never.

You can have fulfilling partnership without signing the documents. People do it just because everyone says that should and they think it's a guarantee and they can now take their partner for granted.