Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itachi uchiha

All prophets were mystics

11 posts in this topic

In Sufism there are things like god realisation,emptiness,death,rebirth ,nothingness etc.sufism trace orgins back to prophet muhammed pbuh in an unbroken lineage into modernday sages

All.prohets were given outer relegion and inner relegion by god

Outer relegion is things like praying,fasting,be kind,do charity etc .inner relegion is things like spirituality.

Edited by itachi uchiha

Nice. Do you think Sufism was also influenced by Hinduism, as it has some similarities such as God realisation and rebirth? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl sufism orginated from muhammed pbuh

It sure has similarities with hindu meditation

Rebirth means loss of identity and living with no identity

I read from a post that a state called fana fillah in sufism is equivalent of nirvikalpaka samadhu

Edited by itachi uchiha

@itachi uchiha  Thanks! I met a Sufi Sheikh once, Sheikh_Nazim and one thing I remember was him saying Sufis are Muslims first. Which is why I didn't follow it up any more, because I'm not. 

@snowyowl yeah ,sheikhs will not teach nonmuslims.also all the techniques and process to  reach end goal are not writtern in books.its an oral transmission

Also all sufis are muslims first. I think even if they are god realized they live by quran and sunnah.no sufi will talk shit about islam

Kriya yoga is the best meditation technique i found.i highly recommend u follow it

@itachi uchiha Some prophet he was.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@itachi uchiha in hindsight I think that Sheikh I met was pretty conservative. I have heard of liberal Sufis nowadays, especially in the liberal countries, I wish them well but I guess it doesn't 'zing' for me. 

Thanks for the suggestion about Kriya, I may look into it (i already saw Leo's video on it) but I'm happy with my current practice for the time being. :)

Edited by snowyowl

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@itachi uchiha Some prophet he was.

Yeah not that nice really..

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@itachi uchiha

Prophets are people who saw glimpses of eternity and tried to explain it to other people, the underlying reason for the explaining in the first place is for the purpose of evolving as a human species. 

the prophets were mystics who liked the attention of the public and who were brilliant orators and magnetic personalities, like osho. the question is not how deep they went but the people they reached. imagine that instead of prophets they were singers. There are millions of singers, not so much mystics but a lot as well. Have the best singers endured in time, or the most charismatic? a mix i guess, some really good, some really bad