Everyday

Fascia Stretching

8 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

I noticed when I became eating fastfood my fascia became more stiff and inflamed

Thanks. Interesting. 

Yes, I've found the functional patterns fascia release method the best. You use foam roller or lacrosse ball and instead of rolling around the muscle, you find one spot on the muscle where it's tight or hurts and apply pressure on that point for minute, two or longer, then roll the roller further along the muscle, stop at the next point apply pressure and so on.

I practice Qigong and Qi self massage. I use acupressure tools as well. 

really like the acupressure products from the company called Aku… 

and I teach/ practice Holden Qigong. 

White Tiger Qigong has courses on fascia and Qi.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Here's my daily Alexa stretching routine....

I start with "pilates piriformis stretch" 90 seconds per leg.

I then do a "Combined Psoas & Quadriceps Stretch" 90 seconds each leg.

I then do a hamstring stretch where I lay on floor and place one leg at a time on an open doorframe bending the knee to make sure I'm stretching the hamstring and not the sciatic nerve. 2.5 minutes per leg.

I then stand up and do standard calf stretches a minute per leg.

After that I do arm circles, a combined 2 minutes of going forward and backwards, combining small circles and big ones.

I then do 45 seconds of chest flies.

After that it's 45 seconds of "the funky chicken"

I then do 45 seconds of wrist stretches.

I then go into child's pose for 2 minutes. After 1 minute I will give my shoulders a stretch by moving my arms to each side while in the pose.

I might add more but for now this is my daily static/ballistic stretch regimen. This regimen was sourced from various sources including the ballistic stretches done where I work, p90x "stretch x" and research done on sciatica and the best stretches for back health.

Aggressive p90x programs can be counterproductive. Sometimes less is more when it comes to working out. Work out smarter not harder.

Edited by sholomar

A lot of the yoga poses out there stretch along fascial planes. Yoga class would do the trick.