Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigxt22

Air Filters

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

So I'm trying to get my health in absolute peak condition. I've invested in Reverse Osmosis filter, my diet is very clean, I exercise. The next thing I want to look into is the air I am breathing.

Are those HEPA type air purifiers worth my money?  I do live by a main road. Do any of you guys use one? If so, which would you recommend?

It's hard to work out if something is marketed well vs if the product is actually good.

Thanks

I’m wondering the same thing

thinking one of those and getting more house plants

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It's not a bad idea. But most importantly, buy the best filters for your A/C system and change them frequently (every 3 months).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Procurement calculations for all these things is important btw… water filters, air filters etc

◭"89"

@Craigxt22 i bought an airwashing machine when i was still a smoker - i used to sometimes smoke out of the window when i was in my twenties. it works much better in my perception than a dry filter (hepa or any other kind) the room washer eliminated the smoke smell after some hours while the hepa i tested wouldn’t. i also got really good experience with this related to hay fever and it also keeps the air moisture on a nice level. consider that all of these machines have some sound. hepa maybe less than an air washer (water filter). you can also see how much dirt you washed out of the air when changing water after 24hrs, can be a lot.

Edited by mememe

@mememe model?

◭"89"

I run a filter queen am4000 model. I think probably from the early 2000s. I run into these pretty often at garage sales for a few bucks. I can get all of the filters for about $140-$200 per year. It really collects a lot of stuff. The charcoal filter is always full of pet fur after 6 months and I don't even allow them in my room. I am allergic to dust and I would say it really helps all over all. 

I am sure you could research potentially better units though. I know the vacuums they are offer are hospital grade hepa, but I am not sure with this filter. On the same not eI would say to make sure you only buy genuine filters not matter what you buy, so factor in how much those will be and how often you will change them. 

I would recommend placing the filter in the room that you spend the most time in. Also, there is all sorts of toxins that get into the air. Mold spores, dust (full of plastics and other harmful thing), that and just any toxic contents in the air. It is worse if you have carpet in your room as well. 

Edited by Average Investor

On 17.12.2021 at 7:26 PM, Thought Art said:

@mememe model?

venta, don’t know the model.

Edited by mememe

I just ordered an air filter. Wont share it because I want you to make your own decisions. Will share review later.

◭"89"