Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Is there an I?

49 posts in this topic

Does the word I refer to a real being/thing/subject/etc?

I feel like I'm going crazy. every time I say I, I wonder if it could be referring to literally nothing. 

Now I know you can't convince me but I just want to hear your opinion.

the word "i" refers to a self-created concept of who you think you are, the you that you think you are is literally an idea you imagined 

You are referring to your person. It's not an imaginary thing that doesn't exist. It's a tangable thing in your psyche, you can become aware of this "I person feeling" if you meditate sufficiently.

Edited by Salvijus

This question usually takes years to answer. If I told you yes you would try to find the "I" so I will say yes which will lead you on a hunt to eventually find out the answer is no. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

This question usually takes years to answer. If I told you yes you would try to find the "I" so I will say yes which will lead you on a hunt to eventually find out the answer is no. ;)

No bro please.... I person feeling exists. It's possible to become aware of it. I stake my life on this. Trust me, I know from experience.

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

No bro please.... I person feeling exists. It's possible to become aware of it. I stake my life on this. Trust me, I know from experience.

Youre not a feeling. Youre aware of feelings.

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Youre not a feeling. Youre aware of feelings.

Yes but the I feeling still exists. It's not imaginery concept. It's a tangable reality like your body.

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Yes but the I feeling still exists. It's not imaginery concept. It's a tangable reality like your body.

So? The feeling of taking a shit exists too, doesnt mean you are that at your very essence. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So? The feeling of taking a shit exists too, doesnt mean you are that at your very essence. 

So then don't say I feeling doesn't exist. It's a very important state in self inquiry. It takes a lot of awareness to reach that place where you become aware of this I feeling. Then you become aware that the person I was identifying myself all this time is not me essencialy. Without becoming aware of this I which take a lot of time and awareness. Nobody becomes awake to his true self. The feeling Ima person will not go away until you become aware of the difference between a person feeling and awareness your essence feeling.. Telling people there is no I is a lie and not helpful.

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

So then don't say I feeling doesn't exist. It's a very important state in self inquiry. It takes a lot of awareness to reach that place where you become aware of this I feeling. Then you become aware that the person I was identifying myself all this time is not me essencialy. Without becoming aware of this I which take a lot of time and awareness. Nobody becomes awake to his true self. The feeling Ima person will not go away until you become aware of the difference between a person feeling and awareness your essence feeling.. Telling people there is no I is a lie and not helpful.

I never said there was no I-feeling, I said you are aware of the I-feeling. Slow your roll duderinoo.

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I never said there was no I-feeling, I said you are aware of the I-feeling. Slow your roll duderinoo.

Really? This looked like exacly what you've sayed. Sorry if I was wrong. ?

24 minutes ago, Rilles said:

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Really? This looked like exacly what you've sayed. Sorry if I was wrong. ?

Nah, its more nuanced. 

What would you say the I-feeling consists of? I like these types of explorations. I have never really gone there, to me its mental imagery, the feeling of the body belonging to me, thoughts etc. 

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Nah, its more nuanced. 

What would you say the I-feeling consists of? I like these types of explorations. I have never really gone there, to me its mental imagery, the feeling of the body belonging to me, thoughts etc. 

It's not a vague hardly tangable like a haze thing that nobody can put their finger on precisely.

It's actually very much tangable, like a psychic doer. It's "I'm the doer" feeling. Like a tension of seeker in the psyche. One who becomes aware of this seeking tension in the mind gains the power to disidentify from it and the tension stops. I DISSAPEARS. a state of no seeking and no seeker happens.

When there's no seeking, there is no seeker, when there's no seeker there's no I. Then you realize your true nature was never an I but nothingness.

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

It's not a vague hardly tangable like a haze thing that nobody can put their finger on precisely.

It's actually very much tangable, like a psychic doer. It's "I'm the doer" feeling. Like a tension of seeker in the psyche. One who becomes aware of this seeking tension in the mind gains the power to disidentify from it and the tension stops. I DISSAPEARS. a state of no seeking and no seeker happens.

When there's no seeking, there is no seeker, when there's no seeker there's no I. Then you realize your true nature was never an I but nothingness.

But what is the doer-feeling made of? Where does it exist? Point me to it!

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

It is made of desire. You'll just have to find it. It's not easy. It's an energy. A seeking energy. When you become aware of this seeking energy and tension in your mind, an inward implosian of energy happens. That's what turning inward means. An implosian of energy and the psychological drive stops. Youre just in a perfect state of here and now.

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

It is made of desire. You'll just have to find it. It's not easy. It's an energy. A seeking energy. When you become aware of this seeking energy and tension in your mind, an inward implosian of energy happens. That's what turning inward means. An implosian of energy and the psychological drive stops. Youre just in a perfect state of here and now.

-_-:x sounds nice

7 minutes ago, Rilles said:

The easiest way to become aware of this I doer feeling is to try to stop trying. Trying to stop trying seems like an impossible task but it's possible. This way you can become more and more aware of your I doer feeling.

Edited by Salvijus

14 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I know exactly what you mean. But this energy, when you look at it through a microscopic attention, it is just vibration, just a movement. It's not solid at all. So it's not really there as a something. It's just a modulation of nothingness, as Rupert so eloquently puts it.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

4 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I know exactly what you mean. But this energy, when you look at it through a microscopic attention, it is just vibration, just a movement. It's not solid at all. So it's not really there as a something. It's just a modulation of nothingness, as Rupert so eloquently puts it.

It's more then just a vibration. It's an entire fat psyhic ego like an elephant there. And it's very much tangable not some hazy thing that nobody can put his attention on it. Just a sufficient degree of self awareness is needed to confirm this. I have total confidence in what I'm saying here.