Danioover9000

Another Destiny discussion.

15 posts in this topic

Good job on Destiny's part in keeping it cool and managing his side of the discussion. Jake, the corn cob guy, for some reason really hates Destiny and it shows in this entire debate about managing one's online community. The Moderator for this discussion is biased to Jake, but Destiny keeps a decent job in managing them both.

https://youtu.be/n-PHbg7bx3U

Completely pointless. If you want a Destiny discussion that is actually worth watching:

At one point they touched on QM and deconstructing causality, but they unfortunately steered away from that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

23 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Completely pointless. If you want a Destiny discussion that is actually worth watching:

At one point they touched on QM and deconstructing causality, but they unfortunately steered away from that.

I understand that relatively speaking, it's pointless, but to me how Destiny handles opposition from both the corn guy and the moderator is a skill I can appreciate. I can't handle a situation as ell as Destiny did in a debate like that, I'd more likely to leave or unnecessarily escalate the conflict.

However, the video you provided is also a better one. I imagine it's better because it's more in alignment to what Actualized.org ideas are discussed in videos, or in some really good posts about spirituality, non duality, philosophy, metaphysics, epistemology, and other advanced topics. I'm just not as excited to keep on listening or watching advanced topics. Personally, I'd put art over advanced topics that have a logical explicit framing of delivery, but that's a bias I've found about me. 

Destiny stands out because he is a very quick and thorough thinker, and he definitely has a lot of yellow, integral and systems thinking.

He is very careful about his own biases and is good at identifying and pointing out the biases of others. He is a good example of the push-back much of stage green needs at this moment.

Glory to Israel

8 hours ago, Scholar said:

Destiny stands out because he is a very quick and thorough thinker, and he definitely has a lot of yellow, integral and systems thinking.

He is overwhelmingly an analytical thinker. Systems thinking is a side dish. He primarily needs to deconstruct his Cartesian-Newtonian worldview: reductionism, mechanism, positivism, atomism (causality, determinism, physicalism). He has been dabbling in constructivist thought since his mushrooms trips, so he only needs the right push. Or it might never happen because of a survival blockage he has that fuels his debate ego and bars him from grasping the teachings of psychedelics. I mean his takeaway from psychs was that truth is not worth pursuing if it doesn't make you happy. That's a deep emotional wound right there.

@Scholar

17 hours ago, Scholar said:

He is very careful about his own biases and is good at identifying and pointing out the biases of others. He is a good example of the push-back much of stage green needs at this moment.

He does have some aspects of yellow thinking, but it's not systemic enough. It's actually his level of skill applying logical thinking in some of his discussions and debates that gives me that impression of a systemic thinker, but he's not fully inside stage yellow value systems. Another confusing bit when I thought he was yellow was with his discussion with the gamer therapist, and bits and pieces of him struggling with being emotional, or displaying some level of empathy with some people he interacts with. It's a common problem with a person predominately in stage yellow, they are similar to stage orange, they are not that expressive externally with emotions, sometimes not enough internal processing of emotions.

I think at best, he's masterful in stage orange cognition, with some cognition from stage green, stage blue, and a tiny bit of yellow cognition. Speaking of cognition, he maybe partly sociopathic (claims from his chat and some who interacted with him, and from the story he shared when discussing with the gamer therapist.). However, that could just be from him being hyper logically consistent, and some misunderstanding that trauma doesn't always result in a person developing sociopathic/psychopathic traits, it's tendencies that are context sensitive to the trauma. Otherwise, if he is cognitively different than the average person, I guess that does give that impression also.

Morally speaking, he has a moral framework that stems from utilitarianism and pragmatism, that as long as it is useful, then morally speaking it's justifiable to him.

On 10.12.2021 at 6:15 PM, Danioover9000 said:

He does have some aspects of yellow thinking, but it's not systemic enough. It's actually his level of skill applying logical thinking in some of his discussions and debates that gives me that impression of a systemic thinker, but he's not fully inside stage yellow value systems.

I'm going to make a thread on systems thinking pretty soon. I had some insights after taking some courses on communication theory and community psychology. I was surprised over how much they were based on systems theory. I used to think Destiny was Yellow before too, but now I'm not so sure. I'll give a sneak peak: I've identified three main facets: context awareness > construct awareness > theoretical pluralism (one leads to the next).

Another confusing bit when I thought he was yellow was with his discussion with the gamer therapist, and bits and pieces of him struggling with being emotional, or displaying some level of empathy with some people he interacts with. 

That's just his shitty childhood of emotional neglect. You don't just grow out of that.

It's a common problem with a person predominately in stage yellow, they are similar to stage orange, they are not that expressive externally with emotions, sometimes not enough internal processing of emotions.

Lol no.

On 10/12/2021 at 7:50 PM, Carl-Richard said:

That's just his shitty childhood of emotional neglect. You don't just grow out of that.

I feel like he's improving. 

Probably Melina and mdma helped.

42 minutes ago, Opo said:

I feel like he's improving. 

Probably Melina and mdma helped.

Based on his latest videos where he is talking to people in person, it's clear that he has problems with affective empathy and tuning in to other people's state. There is a marked incongruence between his emotional state and other people.

@Carl-Richard

On 12/10/2021 at 6:50 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I'm going to make a thread on systems thinking pretty soon. I had some insights after taking some courses on communication theory and community psychology. I was surprised over how much they were based on systems theory. I used to think Destiny was Yellow before too, but now I'm not so sure. I'll give a sneak peak: I've identified three main facets: context awareness > construct awareness > theoretical pluralism (one leads to the next).

Lol no.

1. I'll be looking forward to reading that future thread on systems thinking.

2. It's possible to out grow adolescent emotional neglect, and to some degree childhood emotional neglect with some inner work involved. However, some emotional baggage that is too large or too traumatic, I can agree that it'll be very difficult to out grow that without more available resources.

3. I think it depends on the cognitive, moral, life experiences and personality type, and ego development of the person. In particular, emotional development or EQ of that individual. I just see that different personality types that have logic as part of the typing will struggle in different aspects of their emotion. Trauma, cultural identity, social identity and difference in masculine : feminine  spectrum are also factors that can decrease emotional range. In particular, those who have degrees of psychopathy/sociopathy also internalize and express emotions more limited than the average person.

32 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Based on his latest videos where he is talking to people in person, it's clear that he has problems with affective empathy and tuning in to other people's state. There is a marked incongruence between his emotional state and other people.

All i'm saying is it was worse a couple of years ago. 

On 13.12.2021 at 9:54 PM, Danioover9000 said:

I'll be looking forward to reading that future thread on systems thinking.

On 13.12.2021 at 7:39 PM, Lews Therin said:

eager to read your thoughts on that.

Here is your delivery :)