Scarecrow

More Creativity Books?

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a aspiring writer. All of Leo's suggested books on creativity are all amazing and changed me completely. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any other hidden gems about writing are creativity in general

Funnily enough when I read this thread before, I was going to recommend you a book, but for the life of my the name wouldn't come to mind. Then I see you have done a book review of it just 9 hours ago. The War of Art. :)

Are you becoming hungry for more and more information? More books? Careful not to use that as another form of Resistance. ;) Eventually it's time to put down the books and simply work/create. 

21 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

@Arman Yeah I was thinking last night that might be a sneaky way of resistance :ph34r:

Knowledge is always good too. The paradox here. 

22 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

@Arman Yeah I was thinking last night that might be a sneaky way of resistance :ph34r:

I'm trying to honor both aspects in practice. Both are probably equally important, dunno though. 

Look into Mihalyi Cszikszentmihalyi's (that's a mouthful) books, such as FLOW and CREATIVITY. They've been the most fundamental reads for me in terms of understanding how you construct your creative process. 

There are also other great books that can help you spark your imagination, such as The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell and Story by Robert McKee.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

20 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Hi, I'm a aspiring writer. All of Leo's suggested books on creativity are all amazing and changed me completely. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any other hidden gems about writing are creativity in general

I recently made a video about creativity. It's my own creative process, that was inspired by my husband's creative process. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

15 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

@Emerald Wilkins thankyou, and big fan of your channel

You're welcome and thank you! :D

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org