bloomer

Can you move up Maslow's Hierachy if you don't have sex?

46 posts in this topic

@Jennjenn possibly. But also part of me also feels it is too one sided to work well . High investment in a girl doesn't make sense if the girl doesn't reciprocate equivalent forms of investment 

Also it's sort of supplicating as well. When you try to win a girl with flowers and dates and stuff , a lot of girls perceive it as a form of compensating for something (which it is actually a lot of the times). But at the same time such a thing isn't inherent 

It's also not a 21st century strategy anymore in USA at least

It needs to be grounded in attraction principles first before this. This alone is a failing strategy. If the guy isn't already attractive it won't work 

Edited by Jacob Morres

52 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

They are. That’s how healthy women choose healthy men. 

Healthy attractive men have so many options available that they wouldn't bother investing flowers, money and time into a girl when 5 other more attractive ones are available instantaneously that don't have such expectations

The flowers and lovey stuff comes after the initial attraction and some dating when both parties feel like a commited relationship is beneficial

It should not happen at the start and realistically very few healthy attractive men with options are gonna do that needy shit early on

@something_else once you got that gut level reaction from a woman, when you feel like a hero next to her, you won’t be able to help yourself chasing after her 

3 hours ago, something_else said:

5 other more attractive ones are available instantaneously that don't have such expectations

Mmmm maybe the one with high expectations is the one you want 

4 hours ago, Jennjenn said:

Mmmm maybe the one with high expectations is the one you want 

Well not me. If a girl had the expectation of me buying her flowers, spending tons of money on her, showering her with attention etc. just after I'd met her then I'd run away from that pretty damn quick

I suppose it's personal taste, though. But to me it comes across as a red flag. I want my relationships to start out super chill with very little expectations, just enjoying each others company

I did this kinda lovey stuff with my ex after we knew each other for like 6mths to a year

10 hours ago, something_else said:

Healthy attractive men have so many options available that they wouldn't bother investing flowers, money and time into a girl when 5 other more attractive ones are available instantaneously that don't have such expectations

The flowers and lovey stuff comes after the initial attraction and some dating when both parties feel like a commited relationship is beneficial

It should not happen at the start and realistically very few healthy attractive men with options are gonna do that needy shit early on

I agree for the most part. I buy flowers and stuff for my girl but we have been together a while and are super close. Wasn’t a thing at the start. 

The thing is though I’ve noticed in some cultures a guy is expected to sort of win over a girl early on with flowers and fancy dates. It’s kinda dated but still a bit of a thing and valued in some places.