Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Obesity and Vaccinations

12 posts in this topic

I am seeing that many people are supporting restricting health services for the unvaccinated. The idea is that because unvaccinated are not acting responsibly towards their own health and societies health, then they are forgoing their right to demand equal health services as those who are taking the pandemic more seriously.

How about people who are obese who knowingly and willing live an unhealthy lifestyle that dramatically increases their risk of death and disease, and who also are likely to absorb a significant percentage of total health care spending. Obesity is a drain on the society and health care system, and when we think of the push for universal and equitable health care, we must also consider that obese people will be using healthcare resources at an astronomical rate in the future compared to the general non-obese population.

To those of you who support discrimination against unvaccinated people for priority healthcare access, access to business's and travel etc. Do you also support putting restrictions on obese people who are irresponsible with their health? If not why?

They should be discriminated against only when the hospitals get full and we have to pick who lives or dies. 

Just now, Opo said:

They should be discriminated against only when the hospitals get full and we have to pick who lives or dies. 

What about access to business's, travelling etc.

The argument for discriminating against unvaccinated is they will increase the spread of the virus, and that will lead to an overflow of covid patients in hospitals and then the healthcare system will be backlogged and collapse.

But we could say that obese people should also be discriminated against, because they are the one's most likely to suffer serious consequences and overflood hospitals if they get infected.

16 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I am seeing that many people are supporting restricting health services for the unvaccinated. 

I doubt it's a lot. 

Be careful about confusing the most extreme positions on the internet with what some party generally believes. 

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What about access to business's, travelling etc.

The argument for discriminating against unvaccinated is they will increase the spread of the virus, and that will lead to an overflow of covid patients in hospitals and then the healthcare system will be backlogged and collapse.

But we could say that obese people should also be discriminated against, because they are the one's most likely to suffer serious consequences and overflood hospitals if they get infected.

If we get vaccinated the fat people won't be a problem. 

If fat people become skinny unvaccinated will still be a problem. 

Seems silly to waste energy on fat people just so unvaxers feel better. 

Edited by Opo

Just now, Opo said:

I doubt it's a lot. 

Be careful about confusing the most extreme positions on the internet with what some party generally believes. 

Well it's government policy. And people are getting fired, restricted from business's etc.

In Vancouver you can't go to restaurants without being double vaccinated.

So I don't see how what i'm saying is not representative of reality.

1 minute ago, Opo said:

If we get vaccinated the fat people won't be a problem. 

How so? 

Vaccinations are not 100% effective, and you can still get infected and relay the virus if vaccinated.

What is the purpose of all the vaccinations? Why is there such a push to vaccinate, and discriminate against the unvaccinated?

It's because of societal health. So why are not we acting against obese people who are the one's who are the greatest threat to cause healthcare collapse?

11 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Well it's government policy. And people are getting fired, restricted from business's etc.

In Vancouver you can't go to restaurants without being double vaccinated.

So I don't see how what i'm saying is not representative of reality.

31 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I am seeing that many people are supporting restricting health services for the unvaccinated. 

Restaurants and hospitals are different. 

13 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How so? 

Vaccinations are not 100% effective, and you can still get infected and relay the virus if vaccinated.

What is the purpose of all the vaccinations? Why is there such a push to vaccinate, and discriminate against the unvaccinated?

It's because of societal health. So why are not we acting against obese people who are the one's who are the greatest threat to cause healthcare collapse?

Of course you can still transmit it but they keep the transmission low enough so the hospitals won't get overrun. 

I guess it's hard for us to think in a percentages other that 100 and 0 percent. 

Could you admit that something that helps in idn the real number but let's just say 90 percent of the time is better that 0 percent of the time. Even if you still have that 10 percent? 

56 minutes ago, Opo said:

Could you admit that something that helps in idn the real number but let's just say 90 percent of the time is better that 0 percent of the time. Even if you still have that 10 percent? 

Lol. I don't know what you expect me to say this.

No I will not admit that something that helps more than 0% of the time is better than something that helps 0%. Like wtf man

Edited by Raptorsin7

Yes, do the same for tobacco smokers as well.

Grandfather in any existing current smokers who maybe didn't know any better when they started. But say something like any child born from 2022 onward, if they're smokers then they'll have to pay a premium for medical care or something.

Better yet just make cigarettes illegal for anyone born 2022 or later, so there is no age they'll ever be able to legally buy them. Then they have no excuse to start.

12 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Yes, do the same for tobacco smokers as well.

Grandfather in any existing current smokers who maybe didn't know any better when they started. But say something like any child born from 2022 onward, if they're smokers then they'll have to pay a premium for medical care or something.

Better yet just make cigarettes illegal for anyone born 2022 or later, so there is no age they'll ever be able to legally buy them. Then they have no excuse to start.

I would support high taxes for smokers. 

13 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I would support high taxes for smokers. 

But this already the case, tax on cigarettes and other tobacco products has been so high for so long it's created a black market in smuggling. There's no point increasing the tax any more as it will simply improve the business model of the smuggling gangs.  Same with alcohol to a lesser extent. In the UK we also have a sugar tax to provide extra funding for the additional heathcare requirements, as well as deterrence for unhealthy lifestyles. Nanny state, carrot and stick? 

The virus keeps spreading and mutating in the vaccinated population just as much. 

The only difference is that less people get severe symptoms and end up in the hospital.

More than 92% of adults in the UK have antibodies, yet there is no herd immunity.

That whole story "we need to vaccinate x % of people and we'll have herd immunity" is bs.