UNZARI

The mind really is a beast...

6 posts in this topic

Today I had an emotional burst and did a lot of crying and letting go. I realized how many negative stories and beliefs I had been holding for so long. 

Your mind can tell you anything. You often don’t even question it, because it’s you! You trust yourself right? Think again, and again.

Youll convince yourself that your negative stories are somehow helpful or making progress when they themselves are the problem.

Of course it goes much deeper than this but I can’t even articulate the rest into words. Our minds are so crazy it’s scary. 

Yeah continue to think of the stories and you will cry even more.

Yes I had this same profound realization a few years ago. 

Our mind can be very deceptive and lead us to believe things that aren't true. 

You have to use critical reasoning skills all the time. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The human mind is a bullshitting machine, and cannot be defeated easily.

It's literally like the final boss in a video game. You'll fail many times trying to defeat it, but you must not put down the controller until it's done. That is our work here.

Edited by Terell Kirby

@UNZARI

On 11/25/2021 at 1:53 AM, UNZARI said:

Today I had an emotional burst and did a lot of crying and letting go. I realized how many negative stories and beliefs I had been holding for so long. 

Your mind can tell you anything. You often don’t even question it, because it’s you! You trust yourself right? Think again, and again.

Youll convince yourself that your negative stories are somehow helpful or making progress when they themselves are the problem.

Of course it goes much deeper than this but I can’t even articulate the rest into words. Our minds are so crazy it’s scary. 

No, the mind isn't a beast, it's a dragon. Train your dragon, before it starts draggin you down.

The Buddha compared the mind to an elephant:

Long ago my mind used to wander as it liked and do what it wanted. Now I can rule my mind as the mahout controls the elephant with his hooked staff.

Meditation is the exercise of learning to ride and guide the elephant, rather than being trampled by it. It can be a beautiful, powerful beast when it is properly trained.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.