Schahin

Why should eating meat be bad?

36 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, amanen said:

I don't consider death bad in any sense at all, I think what is most important is if the lifeform suffers when they live, not if they are bred to die.

Personally, I consider fungi and plants sentient beings capable of pain and suffering as well, so I am incapable of living without causing suffering.

They are merely far more different from us than something like a dolphin is, so we have trouble having empathy towards them.

The problem is that we do not know how sentient they are exactly, due to how different they are. They might go through as much subjective pain as any animal does, but due to our forms of experience being so different, we cannot even start to conceive this. Alternatively, they might be less aware than animals, in which case, they indeed would be the better alternative to eating than animals, since this would inflict less suffering in general. But I think we are just biased towards the latter option due to how different they are.

In the end, I eat meat and will never stop eating meat, and I completely support the notion of being eaten myself after I have died, in fact, I would loathe to die in a grave instead of being taken back to the cycle.

You comparing a natural peaceful death after a fulfilled life and a cow being slaughtered violently with deathly fear is the big flaw in your argument.

Its always funny to see replies to posts like this. People use relativism and religion as an argument far too often. The truth is that when you're in a state of higher consciousness, you realise the pain and suffering that the pigs, cows, chickens etc. experience is no different than the pain you experience. The only different between you and them is the ego's identification. This is why no great spiritual teacher eats meat. 

On 24-11-2021 at 10:17 PM, Gregory1 said:

Well, the truth is that death isn't something bad. Death being something bad or wrong is your judgement, there is no truth in that. Killing and selfishness are a part of reality you will never get rid of.

They are just a part of Gods creation as everything else is. God doesn't judge you, he only invites you to set your own moral standards and adjust them to whatever might suit you best. If you truly cared about animals, you would kill yourself. Because just by taking one single step, you are killing. Bugs are dying, grass is dying, the CO2 you emit creates global warming by which forests are drying out, continue the argument...

Stop making assumptions about things you do not understand. Stop thinking that you know what death is and accept the fact that you currently don't know. A possibility to truly know might present itself in that unknowingness.

See the relativity of all your moral judgements and then feel free to construct any moral construct that suits your highest version of yourself and humanity.

You can justify genocide with this.

@Schahin

The deities thingy is the ‘off’ or slight discord, not the psychedelics making a vegetarian feel bad for eating meat. Which as you shared, you aren’t actually doing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 25.11.2021 at 0:06 AM, PurpleTree said:

@Nahm I did not understand quite well what you were trying to say.

@Psych2Awak3n look at nature there barely is an animal that gets to become very old, most are preyed upon by other animals its just an eternal cycle which is very necessary too. I suppose that we have come to live in such a peace for such a long time that we barely see death ourselves that it becomes something bad, although spiritual teachers say that death is not that

On 11/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, Schahin said:

been living as a vegetarian…

many deities… their deities… I have had contact with one of the deities… 

Other than that … death is not real 

So why is it that psychedelics made me feel bad about eating animals? 

Would you feel bad about spitting in faces, when you don’t spit in faces?
Would you feel bad about stealing cars, when you don’t steal cars?
Would you feel bad about breaking windows, when you don’t break windows?
Would you feel bad about eating animals, when you don’t eat animals? 

The psychedelics didn’t make you feel bad about food or animals. Has nothing to do with food or animals. Psychedelics are essentially a dose of truth.  That there are deities is not true, it’s a belief. 
When you take a dose of truth, the discord between what is true and what you believe is amplified. 
To continue believing there are deities, you are believing the discord (bad feeling) is about eating food or animals. Which doesn’t make sense, because you don’t eat animals. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

Its always funny to see replies to posts like this. People use relativism and religion as an argument far too often. The truth is that when you're in a state of higher consciousness, you realise the pain and suffering that the pigs, cows, chickens etc. experience is no different than the pain you experience. The only different between you and them is the ego's identification. This is why no great spiritual teacher eats meat. 

Eckhart Tolle must be unconscious as hell :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

If you truly want to understand this part of yourself, watch this 

and then feel with your heart if you think it's right, get the fuck out of your head, if you can watch this and still eat meat then that's just perfectly fine.

Who's going to stop you? only you know what's right and wrong. not good or bad, but what is your intuition telling to you? 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

1 hour ago, Shin said:

Eckhart Tolle must be unconscious as hell :D

Damn, you had like a thousand gurus to pick from and you chose the one that's not vegetarian. Anyways, goes to show you not every spiritual guru is conscious about every aspect of life.

33 minutes ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

Damn, you had like a thousand gurus to pick from and you chose the one that's not vegetarian. Anyways, goes to show you not every spiritual guru is conscious about every aspect of life.

Ok Leo Gura xD 

You're just assuming they are all vegetarian :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

Ok Leo Gura xD 

You're just assuming they are all vegetarian :D

You're kinda missing the point. 

11 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

This is complete horseshit...

Bentinho Massaro - meat Eater, Leo Gura - meat Eater 

GOD: Eats meat (since habene is every fucking being that could ever exist)...

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

I mean, it is bad if you care about the slaughter and consumption of animals.

Me personally, i don't care enough about it to not eat meat. 

This is one part of ego-ic survival that I am willing to live with.

14 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

This is complete horseshit...

Bentinho Massaro - meat Eater, Leo Gura - meat Eater 

GOD: Eats meat (since habene is every fucking being that could ever exist)...

Your theorising does not negate their suffering. No matter how badly you try to justify yourself.

11 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

Your theorising does not negate their suffering. No matter how badly you try to justify yourself.

You dont get the point man... There is no suffering. There is only YOU, God - denying your own existence... Keep going If you want to.. The Eater and the eaten are one thing

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

14 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

You dont get the point man... There is no suffering. There is only YOU, God - denying your own existence... Keep going If you want to.. The Eater and the eaten are one thing

I think you don't get the point. You could literally justify genocide and torture with this. Do you think that's okay? Don't use spirituality for the goal of justifying yourself. I get your point, but it doesn't work.