Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

How to avoid making assumptions when texting women

9 posts in this topic

So, I am messaging a women on a dating app. And I typed a lot out and then thought to myself... Now, I have said to much she wont respond.

But, then she messaged me on facebook because she wanted to keep talking to me. 

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups. Should I just not imagine anything and leave it as a big question mark, and practice vulnerability, no knowing and patience?

Seems like it. What do you think?

Hmm, maybe there is some self doubt here as well I need to address.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art Paradoxically the right assumption can work I texted one girl because I pretty much knew she was into it if she likes the final fantasy series. We matched although she was quite young we never meet.

You can do both most likely the confidence of the message as well as the level of experiences and inner game etc. Vibes through through the message. Reviewing cringe messages after sometime. Helps to refine the message.

A girl asked me for my number after I felt so confident that I knew this "type" of person and I called her a serial killer after that she wanted my number.

I did not attempt to enter a more of a no-mind state and then write text out of sheer creativity in sort of an autopoetic/self-organizing form. 
------ 
I guess it worked because she texted you back through beign authentic. (my assumption)

I feel curiosity is the best way to avoid making assumptions although it might not be the best solution. Just accepting what is sort of. 

Expect nothing , believe nothing , just have an empty head

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

Texting and apps should be used to meet face to face only. You aren't going to seduce her through text neither are you going to increase your chances of sleeping with her, meeting her, etc. Basically you can turn her off through text but you can't turn her on through text.

When you try to be smooth, funny, cute or interesting through text it sets you up for neediness because a enormous percentage of women will ghost you regardless and this will leave you in a loop wondering why you weren't funny enough, smooth enough, funny enough, cute enough, etcetera. It will make you believe you aren't enough.

You can be super dry through text, it doesn't matter. If she wants to see how funny, interesting and charming you are make her see you IRL.

Assumptions are necessary for survival.

Your seeking of sex is survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, museumoftrees said:

Texting and apps should be used to meet face to face only. You aren't going to seduce her through text neither are you going to increase your chances of sleeping with her, meeting her, etc. Basically you can turn her off through text but you can't turn her on through text.

When you try to be smooth, funny, cute or interesting through text it sets you up for neediness because a enormous percentage of women will ghost you regardless and this will leave you in a loop wondering why you weren't funny enough, smooth enough, funny enough, cute enough, etcetera. It will make you believe you aren't enough.

You can be super dry through text, it doesn't matter. If she wants to see how funny, interesting and charming you are make her see you IRL.

I kindly disagree with this. I think some women want you to be funny during the texting on these apps too. They get so many messages if they are attractive you gotta stick out. I just don't take it as personally over text because they can't really hear you or see you etc.

@ValiantSalvatore Yeah, she messaged me back. Not sure if she is my energetic match though.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Leo Gura I wonder about Assumptions for survival and it's relationship to groping action of psychocybernetics 

◭"89"

@Thought Art Unsure how long you are into this the sooner you can meet it will be better and you'll see if she is a match as well as give the person a chance you might become friends etc. instead.

This would be advise from the course from David DeAngelo which is a bit more intellectual/authentic. Chatting forever is a time waste for both of you. I still do this mistake as my text game is not perfect just saying and sharing what I've learned so far.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

live and learn, the more you text and reflect you'll get an idea of what feels right. sometimes you won't get a reply. it's fine. focus on the girls that do reply.