Afonso

Fear After 5-meo Trip

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

You don't have to hope, just be happy.

The outside world is just a picture, including the people in it, a neutral illusion. The fear you feel is just a creation from the indoctrinated traumatized mind from the silly world, now you can take response-ability to know yourself again and get over the pain and become true and peaceful again. :)

How do I do that? I've been giving my full attention to this feeling and trying to understand the thought so behind it. However, I feel I'm getting nowhere. Should I just trust the process and let time do its thing?

40 minutes ago, Afonso said:

How do I do that? I've been giving my full attention to this feeling and trying to understand the thought so behind it. However, I feel I'm getting nowhere. Should I just trust the process and let time do its thing?

Yes, it will come. Meanwhile just keep meditating, any second you do it you make some progress, even if it's enduring and becoming patient with having seemingly no progress. 

You have been conditioned to look outward 24/7, it will get easier over time, just keep going, stay consistent with doing it every day some practice, even if  you start with 2 x 15 min, that's a good start.

Of course psychedelics bring all your inner demons up to the surface. This was clearly stated and should be obvious to anyone who's done even a bit of research into the field.

Anyone not wanting to face their personal demons should stay far away from psychedelics (and enlightenment for that matter). You have to keep in mind that this is very advanced, hardcore personal development we're doing. If you can't handle it, start with less hardcore stuff. For some people hardcore is exactly what they need. For others, they need gentle hand-holding. Nothing wrong with either approach. Just know your limits and treat powerful tools like psychedelics with respect, or they will slap you upside the head.

Now that your inner demon has reared it's ugly head, face it. Journal it out. What exactly are you afraid of? What is this fear? Why is it there? Investigate it with precision and it should start to dissolve.

Or, if you can't handle investigation, you can always distract yourself back into comfort with entertainment, relationships, food, work, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Afonso I highly recommend checking out the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated and commented on by Sri Swami Satchidananda. It tells you all about steps of building up so this doesn't happen. Very foundational work. The yogis have the process down pat. I can send you my notes, but definitely get the book if you're interested in this sort of stuff. 

7 hours ago, Afonso said:

Oh god, the Anxiety has doubled by now. I feel such an acute pain in my heart. It's overwhelming to be in a croud or in the mall... The pain is so strong.

Not to worry my friend. Nothing has gone wrong. These things become exposed and come up to be integrated. I know it is intense. I have been through similar experiences of various intensities. It can be scary. The fear will arise, but it is up to you to decide whether or not you will be afraid of the fear, of that makes sense. 

Useful to accept it. Allow it to be there. Acceptance will not instantly resolve it, but it is useful to do so. Remind yourself that it is only a feeling. Can a feeling really do anything to you besides make you uncomfortable? Will being uncomfortable kill you? Come to a way to accept the experience and say it is OK if it stays for a day, a week, or forever. It won't stay forever, and accepting that it might will not increase any likelihood of it staying longer than necessary, so don't worry. If you can come to accept the experience, resistance will still arise but you don't need to feel as though "ugh, I'm not accepting it" - it is just unfolding. It is enough to accept it just once. 

Time to practice some courage, endurance, and self-love. Do a bit of exercise and physically groudn yourself. 

When these charges unravel they come with awesome gifts. This experience, emotion and feeling is not new! 5-meo didn't create it in you, it is there all along. Beneath all your experiences, that was simply there, waiting, suppressed, but yet still active. Can you imagine how much energy is constantly used suppressing this kind of energy? What will happen when it's freed? 

It's only scary because the situation is confusing and unknown. You're doing well. 

I also suggest that you take time to find out what the fear is about. Underlying it is some kind of belief! Some kind of core statement about reality. Still yourself into the experience, then ask "What is this feeling trying to tell me?

"What are you trying to tell me?"

"What do you want me to do?

"What can I do for you?"

Ask these questions, then release all intention of expecting an answer. Release all thoughts, feelings, judgement and expectations, and allow whatever arises to arise. It can help to just open your mouth and see if you want to talk. You may be surprised at what arises. 

On 12/28/2016 at 11:50 PM, Wormon Blatburm said:

Man, if you are concerned and scared please go seek help, don't just ask here. The people who recommand this don't even know how to help you. which is sad

And who is he going to ask? What do you think his parents, a doctor, or a therapist is really going to do for him? Who else is there? Family would likely just get confused. Drugs and psychoanalyses aren't going to help here. A therapist might exasperate a situation that may naturally resolve itself with a bit of patience and relaxation. Even though this message board is motley crew with haphazard advice, it's good to have different perspectives who have at least SOME relevant understanding of what might be happening. 

Edited by Arman

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course psychedelics bring all your inner demons up to the surface. This was clearly stated and should be obvious to anyone who's done even a bit of research into the field.

Anyone not wanting to face their personal demons should stay far away from psychedelics (and enlightenment for that matter). You have to keep in mind that this is very advanced, hardcore personal development we're doing. If you can't handle it, start with less hardcore stuff. For some people hardcore is exactly what they need. For others, they need gentle hand-holding. Nothing wrong with either approach. Just know your limits and treat powerful tools like psychedelics with respect, or they will slap you upside the head.

Now that your inner demon has reared it's ugly head, face it. Journal it out. What exactly are you afraid of? What is this fear? Why is it there? Investigate it with precision and it should start to dissolve.

Or, if you can't handle investigation, you can always distract yourself back into comfort with entertainment, relationships, food, work, etc.

I'll choose Journaling for that matter. Distractions work wonderfully but I'm better off facing the fear if I want to grow, right? 

9 hours ago, Arman said:

It's only scary because the situation is confusing and unknown. You're doing well. 

Part of me knows that this is a good thing. Yet I don't fully understand these emotions so I suffer for them. I'll try doing the questions you proposed.

10 hours ago, Hunter Arrington said:

@Afonso I highly recommend checking out the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali translated and commented on by Sri Swami Satchidananda. It tells you all about steps of building up so this doesn't happen. Very foundational work. The yogis have the process down pat. I can send you my notes, but definitely get the book if you're interested in this sort of stuff. 

Thanks, I'll check it out.

@Afonso You say you feel acute pain in the heart. Consider that the physical symptom could be the reason you are experiencing anxiety vs the other way around. Maybe you should go and see a Doc just to make sure everything is ok with the heart.