Consilience

Meditation vs. ‘THIS’ (& The Dangers of Neo Advaita Explained)

252 posts in this topic

@Inliytened1 yeah that subconscious survival instict I was also thinking about. I believe that instict is there because the intensity of awareness is not at its peak. If you hit the peak intensity of awareness. Samadhi or smth. Than even bear attacking you will make no difference to you. That's how I see at least. 

Total elimination of fear requires Total disillusionment. That implies the peak intensity of awareness.

P.s is that dog in your avatar your husky? ? 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Inliytened1

P.s is that dog in your avatar your husky? ? 

Haha it looks just like him ? 

@Nahm:)

He doesn't meditate anymore though..no need.

16377105247777173816211762586478.jpg

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Fear is the emotional experience of false identification.

No, it's not cut and dry like that at all. Fear can also stem from uncertainty or knowing a condition will cause physical pain( like walking on glass) which would have nothing to do with identification.

Humans, bodymind organism, animals, and tendency are all thoughts (and not perception or sensation).

No they are not, there is a physical animal (referred to as a dog) sitting next this body here that has a tendency to chew on a Christmas Mickey Mouse doll.(need to see a picture)

The projection of human emotion onto animals is justification & perpetuation of identification (“ego”). Animals don’t have egos, and do not experience emotions. 

Nobody said animals have egos or experience emotions. It was said that they have a natural tendency to avoid death(ever gone hunting)

No one can show you a ‘fearless bodymind organism’, because it’s a thought. You’re already directly experiencing it. The ignorance isn’t of facts or understanding, it’s of direct experience. The body can’t be ignorant, because body & ignorant are thoughts (parallel, not causation). 

Holding beliefs / not inspecting direct experience, doesn’t make anyone else anything at all. It’s the beliefs which seem to do that. Also, the evidence so to speak was already presented (monk peacefully on fire).

It honestly sounds like there hasn't been anything directly experienced there in a long time. 

Of course everything is thought when you're sitting there lost in your mind. But it has nothing to do with physical reality phenomena.

No word salads for me today thanks anyways.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Inliytened1 I mean there are stories of ramana maharshi sitting and worms infesting his leg and he wouldn't bother about it. He would not even bother eating for survival, others had to put food into him to keep him alive because was so beyond the survival drive. Later he started to take care of himself tho. But still, makes you think, isn't it.

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

@Consilience If there's no resistence to anything at all, can there be any fear?

If there is no resistence, you will disappear, you will dissolve into the whole. mashamadi i guess. Life is resistence

7 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

If there is no resistence, you will disappear, you will dissolve into the whole. mashamadi i guess. Life is resistence

I would agree. No need to go 100%, 99% is good enough ? 

35 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

No, it's not cut and dry like that at all. Fear can also stem from uncertainty or knowing a condition will cause physical pain( like walking on glass) which would have nothing to do with identification.

Uncertainty is perfectly natural, the fear is in the ‘for me’ interpretation. ‘Knowing a condition’ is really, the thought of, and again the fear factor is the ‘for me’. That is exactly what I’m saying though, emotion is guidance in regards to those thoughts. 

Humans, bodymind organism, animals, and tendency are all thoughts (and not perception or sensation).”

No they are not, there is a physical animal (referred to as a dog) sitting next this body here that has a tendency to chew on a Christmas Mickey Mouse doll.(need to see a picture)

Body, physical, dog, check direct experience as well. These are thoughts, as labels. 

Nobody said animals have egos or experience emotions. It was said that they have a natural tendency to avoid death(ever gone hunting)

Understood. It was in reference to fear.  I’m saying animals is a thought experienced so to speak by a human, and that animals don’t experience thoughts like death or avoiding, and that this is projection onto what is believed to be separate & having an experience of thoughts.

38 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It honestly sounds like there hasn't been anything directly experienced there in a long time. 

?? 

38 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Of course everything is thought when you're sitting there lost in your mind. But it has nothing to do with physical reality phenomena.

Maybe, but when not attached to thought / lost in the mind, perception & feeling kind of come to life so to speak. There is no physical reality phenomena, just This. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

53 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Inliytened1 I mean there are stories of ramana maharshi sitting and worms infesting his leg and he wouldn't bother about it. He would not even bother eating for survival, others had to put food into him to keep him alive because was so beyond the survival drive. Later he started to take care of himself tho. But still, makes you think, isn't it.

53 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Exactly..agreed guys 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Nahm ❤ 

Happy holidays to you & your family and friends!

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

54 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@VeganAwake

? You as well, and congrats on retirement! 

Thank you nice of you to say ❤